Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2006, 15:41   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Tonights Gate

I'm not trying to bully you!!! There were a few single seats left, I know I was the one trying to seat everyone in that stand. Some people are just bloody minded though, like you and will not accept that if you come in a party of 2 or more at 2 minutes to kick off you may not get to sit together. Also I believe I was involved in the conversation you are refering to and the person in question had a disability where they actually could not sit down, this took a while to sort as the disability was not adequately explained or easily visible to the steward in the first instance, we had a lot of people trying to swing the lead last night because they came in through the wrong turnstiles for the clayton end terrace, even though it's been in every local paper. This was initially thought to be one of those cases and after further discussion and an adequate explanation, it was easily sorted. In fact we had a laugh and a joke about it in the bar after the game with the person involved.

I have noticed in recent weeks that a lot of people on this messageboard have decided to have a go at the club at every available opportunity and you Bagpuss are one of those people. I'll repeat what kipax has said (not verbatim) so it's clear for you

THIS IS A LEARNING CURVE AND EVERYONE IS GOING TO HAVE TO BE A LITTLE PATIENT.

Accept it the club is going forward whether you like it or not, just make sure you go through the right turnstiles for where you want to be. WE ARE FOOTBALL LEAGUE NOW.

All I wanted to do was explain it a little further to you and I get called a bully. How am I a bully? I was bullied all the way through school, I know what bullies are.

Last edited by sparkie; 09-08-2006 at 15:44.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2006, 17:06   #32

1st home game 2002 v Runcorn - attendance 602

1st home game 2006 v Darlo - attendance 2667

That's an increase of over 400%!!! In 4 years!!! Yes, the attendance was slightly dissapointing but remember how far we've come in such a short space of time!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 17:40   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Coley has just been on Sky slagging off the people of Accrington for not attending tonights game. The attendance was given as 2667 when I and lots of others around me heard that we laughed as it was clear there was a lot more than that. In my opinion if we continue to give the attendance figure lower and I mean a lot lower than the actual number the tax man is going to notice and in the eyes of the away fans we become a laughing stock for having such a poor support.

Even for allowing for the Eric factor I was expecting a few more on tonight, where's the roof!!!
Just seen this post, very disappointing comments from JC for me its as simple as this.

first game back in the league at home, every1 knows its gonna be busy so the seats will all be taken.

WHY GO THE GAME TO GET SOAKED???

Yes for the die hards its a must see game, but the club needs to be encouraging the armchair fans and that im afraid means 1 thing.....

A ROOF FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 18:02   #34
Senior Member+

Unfortunately people

Unless anyone has a spare £100,000 then a roof will be only a pipedream. Now if the gods could just see it for a decent cup run

Fanbases come with time, history, tradition.... in real terms we've been in the league for 2 games out of 44 years. It'll take ten years in the league to generate a new generation of red men (& ladies)

KEEP THE FAITH & enjoy the ride
If people stay away then its there loss

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 18:11   #35
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller
Fanbases come with time, history, tradition.... in real terms we've been in the league for 2 games out of 44 years. It'll take ten years in the league to generate a new generation of red men (& ladies)
Which takes me back to the first line of this thread - "Coley has just been on Sky slagging off the people of Accrington for not attending tonights game."
You stick to what you do best John and the people will come.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 18:39   #36
Resting in Peace

[quote=Willie Miller
Unless anyone has a spare £100,000 then a roof will be only a pipedream. Now if the gods could just see it for a decent cup run

Does anyone know if it has been costed? $100,000 (damn this American keyboard) seems excessive for a simple structure - any ideas?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 18:49   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Right........you mean the room with no roof......

I'd prefer the clayton end, even in the rain. but I would like to have a good look round. perhaps meet a few souls.

What about an open day? Beer, booze and a bag of chips. Tour of the ground and a open forum chat with the men behind the club.
Good idea Doug but please forget the chips, I had the misfortune of tasting one of those last night at the match - never again i'll tell you

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:46   #38
Senior Member+

[quote=Willie Miller
Unless anyone has a spare £100,000 then a roof will be only a pipedream. Now if the gods could just see it for a decent cup run ]

Starting with Forest on the 21st and including all the money from Sky T.V. (Don't know what the fees are) would be a start.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 21:11   #39

Slagging off fans is no way to get them to come to games. People will come if they want, and stay at home if they want. Slagging off just gets people more likely to stay at home. Perhaps many were still on holiday ?

I personally think 2.7k is not bad for a small town the size of Accy. Expect this to be the average for the season. Not going to get much bigger for run of the mill games.
Baudelaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 21:22   #40
God Member

if perhaps somebody had a spare 100k would the club accept the money and build a roof? Would it fit in with their plans?

If you are reading this and have 100k spare then please spare a thought for the poor wet people of Accrington and remember that dry and warm Ultras sing louder than cold and wet Ultras.

Anybody?
Old 11-08-2006, 21:26   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baudelaire
Slagging off fans is no way to get them to come to games. People will come if they want, and stay at home if they want. Slagging off just gets people more likely to stay at home. Perhaps many were still on holiday ?

I personally think 2.7k is not bad for a small town the size of Accy. Expect this to be the average for the season. Not going to get much bigger for run of the mill games.
All in all, I would've hoped with a town population of 33,000(ish) that at least 1 in 10 would want to see the first home league game of the club in 44 years.
Not only for football purposes, but for something to be proud of in Accy - I mean come on - what else is there?! Bricks?!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 21:36   #42

:engsmil:The Accrington Pals. :engsmil:
Old 11-08-2006, 21:40   #43
God Member

Just a thought - are season ticket holders counted amongst the gate?

Because surely the money paid for season tickets was paid, declared and taxed weeks ago, so would not be counted on top of 2600 paying guests.

Or are the turnstiles there to merely count ins and outs?

And we do have quite a lot of staff and sponsors and various other freeloaders who make the main stand appear more packed than it is.
Old 11-08-2006, 21:43   #44
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I asked the same question earlier in the thread thats when Rob got on his high horse.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..