Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 21:42   #16
God Member

Re: tonights match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Course they did, as I stated. But you can't easily replicate that sort of sustained effort, which was astonishing. You're bound to get a reaction and the time factor is important.
Still not excusable & same for both teams we had advantage of being at home, this is football league we should have some level on concentration & effort - which we lacked more than owt else.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-10-2007, 21:42   #17
God Member

I wish the queues were longer, I could have missed the whole match

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 21:43   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post

I went out at half time and was daft enough to go back in
Old 05-10-2007, 21:44   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
queue was more exciting then

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 21:55   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
concentration & effort - which we lacked more than owt else.
I take it you didn't see the concentration and effort on Tuesday night?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 22:30   #21
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

not a good performance tonight and to top it all Andy Mangan was sitting in the stand with our players not playing tonight talk about rubbing it in whats his game !! should have stayed away.... and as for the gate being 1800 well it looked pritty full in the clayton end and seem to be the same in the seats and looked like there was at least 500 in the away end more like 3000 on to me.
Old 05-10-2007, 22:55   #22
Senior Member+

disgrace tonight.
with the exception of dunbavin, mullin and cav who put some effort in - the rest where shocking.
Why does coleman never change it - it was blinding obvious certain players needed a rest.
And he chooses the same team again.

You can love or hate McEvilly - the fact remains Mullin needs a rest, so give Lee a start and bring mullin on.
The same with the defence - Webb loooked tired after 20 minutes.
Why cant JC or JB identify this and change the system to 4-4-2. We are at home.
I dontthink this wing back system works when we are chasing games it makes us to one dimensional.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 22:58   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
You can love or hate McEvilly - the fact remains Mullin needs a rest, so give Lee a start and bring mullin on.
Lee McEvilly is a useless lump of ****. Get over it. Mullin does not need a rest, he needs service (ie Rommy Boco).
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 23:17   #24
Senior Member+

disgrace tonight.
with the exception of dunbavin, dsane and cav who put some effort in, the rest where shocking.
Why does coleman never change it, it was blinding obvious certain players needed a rest.
And he chooses the same team again.

You can love or hate McEvilly, the fact remains Mullin needs a rest, so give Lee a start and bring mullin on.
The same with the defence, Webb loooked tired after 20 minutes.
Why cant JC or JB identify this and change the system to 4-4-2. We are at home.
I dont think this wing back system works when we are chasing games it makes us one dimensional.
it works away on the counter attack - but not at home, especially when behind.
Coleman just seemed clueless tonight.

Im not fan of John Miles, but if he hasnt played for 3 games and is fully fit - why not start him instead of Brown or at least give him more than 15 minutes to get into the game.

Carden, is still to impress me.

Coleman showed he is naive tonight.

The club showed how amature they can be.
No light on the beer stall in the away end.
Only 3 members of staff in the catering van, 1 in the beer stall.
Only opening one set of turnstiles despite a long crew 5 minutes prior to kick off.
And very poor lighting full stop behind the Clayton end - im surprise the council allow it.

really annoyed, you dont mind getting beat, but not when your own team dont give 100%.
Alot of those players where lazy, second to be ball.
We are an average side, who can overcome better teams by effort and effort alone.
Dissapointing.
Coleman cant blame the ref tonight, the ref had a good game.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:19   #25

Quote:
I take it you didn't see the concentration and effort on Tuesday night?
Thats the thing about home matches you get a lot of supporters who can only attend home matches.
When people have paid to be entertained only to get what at the very best can only be called a half arsed performance by the team, saying we played well once when we were away, really doesn't wash.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:29   #26
God Member

The one constant about last nights inept farce was that Wrexham wanted it more!
We were off the pace all night nearly every ball we put forward came straight back, at half time we were talking and would have took a 1-1 draw at that point could it get any worse second half in a nutshell yes!!
The whole team looked lethargic and some of the passing was dreadful, I am sorry but at the end of the day we just weren't up for it
What is it about Stanley and back to back wins?
Who got MOM that must have been a difficult choice?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:06   #27
Senior Member+

If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat these two imposters just the same ...

You probably survived the last week reasonably well. But for normal Stanley fans -
Old 06-10-2007, 08:12   #28

Well, I hope we have heard the last from manager and chairman complaining about gates. Last night was the perfect answer as to why folk aren't attending matches! For every Bradford there are four or five Wrexhams it seems. Having been unable to attend at Bury or Bradford the match seemed to be a continuation of the second half against Mansfield - abysmal! The system played is far more appropriate and likely to succeed in away games where you're hitting home teams on the break and not expecting the full backs to be wingers and beating opponents. Mr Coleman says he ain't looking for a 'keeper - oh, dear! `Bavs` is Billy Braggs archetypal `accident waiting to happen!`and when ever he interchanged the ball with Rocky/Dodgy my heart was in my mouth. Paul Mullin looked a shadow of himself last night and the decision to keep him on and substitute Roscoe was so stupid it defies belief. I hope the manager heard what the crowd, never mind Roscoe, thought of it! He gets a hug at Bradford and three days later gets treated like a mug. Yes, the manager has been unlucky with the serious injuries to the excellent Arthur and Ian Craney so we haven't even got a `lucky` manager. I wonder what the gate will be for the next Friday night's match?
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:22   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
.Coleman cant blame the ref tonight, the ref had a good game.

The view from the Clayton End suggested he was also lenient. It looked from there that Webb was the last man when he got booked. Maybe somebody in the stand with a better view could let us know better.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:24   #30
Senior Member+

Obviously the team were very poor last night, but some of the reactions on here are OTT in my opinion.

The problem is that in order to break down teams who defend in numbers, you need midfield players who can run with the ball and find penetrating passes. With Craney out/gone, we don't have players like that. Proccy ran his heart out and tried to do it, but he isn't that kind of player. Carden and Brown can't do it either, so you end up with possession, but no penetration. When that happens we resort to plan B, which is to play long balls up the middle, which the big Wrexham defenders ate up easily. Mullin struggled against those big lads and Dsane hardly had a look in.
Wrexham had 10 players behind the ball whenever we had it, so you need to be clever to work your way past them. We don't have it.

Away from home, teams aren't going to play like that. They will come out and play, which gives us more room to play to our strengths. At Bradford on Tuesday we had acres of space for Dsane to exploit, as their backline were pushed up to the halfway line. Last night, Wrexham defended from the edge of their area and packed the rest of their half, up to the halfway line.

We have never been good at breaking down teams who defend in that way, but we always had a chance when we had players like Craney or Roberts who could 'unlock' a packed midfield by running at it. Last night showed that we can't handle that kind of game now.

Wrexham came and did a job. They played in a similar way to how we often play away from home. Defend to the last man, then hit them on the break. All credit to them. They did it very well.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..