Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 21:03   #1

tonights match

All i can say is we were absolutely diabolical tonight not one real chance in first half and not much improvement in second,big dissapointment for a decent crowd, only plus was Bavs IMO he was on top form between the sticks.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-10-2007, 21:10   #2
God Member

Re: tonights match

Heres the positives on tonights game

End of list

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 21:11   #3
God Member

Yeh have to agree with you there it was absolutely abysmal performance from stanley, only one team playing & that weren't stanley!!! It was a decent crowd so the friday night idea for attendance worked but seriously think tonights performance will have put off a fair few people from coming the next home game - even friday night slot. Sorry Eric you cant blame the attendance this time the team let the fans down!

Passing was rubbish - back to long balls in the air [conference level it reminded me of], no concentration & positions out of wack, yeh bavo played as best as he could as the defence was dire - our weakest defence link is that no-one covers the end goal post...huge gap easily exploited as wrexham proved. Hey evil managed not to get booked & least made some effort & half of our crowd left early.

Very disappointing

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 21:12   #4
God Member

We had absolutely no bollocks whatsoever tonight.
Well, apart from the complete balls up Coley made of the subs.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 21:14   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
We had absolutely no bollocks whatsoever tonight.
Well, apart from the complete balls up Coley made of the subs.
Well proccy got the ball wacked in his

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 05-10-2007, 21:18   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Well proccy
Which one?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 21:20   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Which one?
Andy Proctor walks on water & ended up counting his balls instead of scoring em - that proccy

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 05-10-2007, 21:20   #8
God Member

One team wanted to win more tonight. They were first to win the ball and played with more purpose when they got it.
Old 05-10-2007, 21:23   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
One team wanted to win more tonight. They were first to win the ball and played with more purpose when they got it.
Yes but why? What happened to the we must beat the teams around us especially at home? Did mid table in October delude us into thinking Wrexham weren't?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 21:23   #10
Resting in Peace

What on earth did the club hope to gain by bringing this fixture forward from Saturday? Certainly not extra people coming through the gate. Stanley were unrecognisable from the heroes who gave their all in a magnificent performance on Tuesday night, and no wonder. I'm still tired from that effort, never mind those lads. An extra day to recover would have made a big difference in my opinion. Stanley were flat, Wrexham came out fighting for their lives after a diabolical performance the same night as Stanley's great show - the psychological effect was completely different, and others posting earlier on another thread were correct in calling for Coley to rest 2 or 3 players to freshen it up. I am so annoyed about tonight because other than the Tuesday night 149, the Stanley fans will not believe how superbly the team can really play.
Get back to Saturdays please, at least after a mid-week game. You wouldn't get Prem teams, even with their vast resources, being daft enough to play again after only 2 days rest.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 21:26   #11
God Member

Didnt both teams played tuesday night so was even time, they even got hammered while we were celebrating win.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 05-10-2007, 21:28   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Yes but why? What happened to the we must beat the teams around us especially at home? Did mid table in October delude us into thinking Wrexham weren't?
As i gathered from the performance - we expected wrexham to be a walk in the park IMHO & they were up for it after suffering a big defeat - that seemed the difference.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 05-10-2007, 21:32   #13
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Mr Whalley you can stick the Friday night experiment up your arse, Mr Coleman I think you may have lost the plot, tactics rubbish, substitutions what where you thinking, Dunbavin I wouldn't have him in a Sunday league team, one turnstile open still loads waiting to get in 5 minutes into the game, utter tinpot, 1800 my left testicle, cheers Stanley and to think I'd had a good week up to tonight, utter crap all round

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 21:33   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Didnt both teams played tuesday night so was even time, they even got hammered while we were celebrating win.
Course they did, as I stated. But you can't easily replicate that sort of sustained effort, which was astonishing. You're bound to get a reaction and the time factor is important.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 21:36   #15
God Member

Yeh bagpuss the queues were horrendous even i missed the 1st few minutes - lucky i didnt miss much..........2 turnstiles, pathetic, when a third was occupied by a steward till after match started - not a good impression at all!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..