Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2010, 15:55   #76

Re: vs Fulham match thread.

Very proud of the effort put in by the Stanley today...both on the pitch and in the stands. Well done to all.
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2010, 15:56   #77

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Great effort by the lads, if it wasnt for the sending off well, who knows?
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 15:58   #78

Agree MR superb performance. First half we looked like the prem side. The second Fulham goal seemed to sap all the energy from the reds. Probably lack of games this year.

Did us proud. Our support was fantastic!!!
redsocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 15:58   #79
Full Member+

One for the Ultras...Radio commentator just said they put a lot of Premier league fans to shame.
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 16:02   #80
God Member

yeah great noise from the fans as usual

Funny thing was hearing my friend accymad and her mum shouting on radio lancs lol

great one accymad's mum calling one of their players a wally

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 16:19   #81
Senior Member+

Hi all - just home, listened in the car - nearly a motorway pileup when we equalised.

First half sounded absolutely great but once Kempo went it was pretty obvious there was only going to be one result. Only dropped two places in the league though .
Old 23-01-2010, 16:43   #82
God Member

Great effort by everyone Today, hard to seperate the two sides first half, second half we were always going to be up against it with ten men, after seeing Kempo's first yellow & speaking to him was absoluely gutted for him and the team as the first did not look like a booking while the second was.

What we can take from Today is that spirit of togetherness and the fear of no one

Great effort by everyone connected to the Club it was a fantastic day and I am looking foward to seeing the highlights Tonight

Now on to Tuesday and the Shots

On Stanley On!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 16:43   #83

Great performance we dominated a side playing in Europe for 45minutes. Had we got the penalty on Symes in the first half it could have been a much different result, can't complain at the second Kempson booking but the first one seemed soft. Nothing from the lads great effort, great to see Boozer running the length of the pitch to celebrate good to have that from a loan player, so good defending from Grant when he had to and some singing in the main stand courtesy of Mr Khan. Talking to some Fulham fans on the way out and they were full of praise for the side. Could still hear the Ultras singing when I was on Burnley Road.Proud to be a red.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 16:51   #84

Well done Reds, I was disapointed but proud. We may have scraped a draw with a bit more luck. I thought Grant was superb today. The Ultras were just great but the sending off sealed our fate. Thanks to everyone for a really enjoyable day
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 16:55   #85

Very proud of the lads today, they played like Lions! Blatant penalty, Kempo should not have been sent off - ref was rubbish! Thought all the lads played out of their skins, Phil Edwards was amazing & looked a Premiership player! A great day out.
Preston Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 17:21   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

my verdict, only 1 side in it first half n that was stanley, Kempson should not have been sent off, 2nd booking was justified, 1st was a joke, second half only 1 side was gonna win it, cos ya can't play a premiership side wi 10 men n get owt, every player can feel proud of their performance, cos i sure am, fans were fantastic, but whats new about that? Well done to everybody, 3pts next weds cos yer good enough fer play offs no question, hope kempo aint too sick cos he has no need whatsoever. they made n owd git very proud this afternoon.
Old 23-01-2010, 17:41   #87
Senior Member+

Well just got back.

Another great occasion at the crown.

As for the 1st half we bossed it, simple as that.

Agreed if Kempson would have stayed on, who knows.

Thought Danny Murphy was different class, but other than that we made them look average.

On stanley on
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 17:57   #88
Super Moderator

Never have I walked off the Crown after watching Stanley lose, but feeling so proud.

If someone who didn't know who the clubs were had watched the first half, they would've said we were the premier club.

I'll never forget the moment when we scored and the WHOLE of the Clayton End erupted...sheer magic.

Out...but definitely not down.
Old 23-01-2010, 18:02   #89
God Member

Absolutely proud as punch with our players without doubt the 1st half was phenomenal performance, left me speachless. Kempo's sending was the final end to the rally, he was clearly gutted as the ref was rather harsh. Well what was it like to see a full house majority backing the lads, the people did come back hope it bodes well for improved gates. MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL FROM TODAYS MATCH IS WE - STANLEY SCORED A GOAL AGAINST A PREM SIDE! oh and apart from all the revenue made today and club shop, jobs a good one looking forward to seeing replay cos i spent most of 1st half with heart in mouth it was that thrilling. Lastly ultras - super loud noise certainly flumaxed fulham fans but in the end minutes they did sing same song but changed it to cockney instead that was weird going at the same time, out sung out flagged out bounced, cheers lads. Even the pipe band encored outside club house too
Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 18:30   #90

A phenominal performance from all involved with stanley today, the back room staff the fans and most of all the players were absolutley outstanding. To say we matched Fulham in the 1st half is an understatement..........we gave them a football lesson! The captain led the line and the rest of the boys followed. 10 v 11 premiership players proved to much in the end but the players can proud of their performance. Bring on the Shots on Tuesday!
alfiered is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..