Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2010, 23:32   #106
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: vs Fulham match thread.

just watched highlights on ITV, Robbie Earle commented after that Kempos first booking was harsh in his opinion, so aint just my bias.
Old 24-01-2010, 00:34   #107
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

just had a gander on Friends Of Fulham site, theres a "Who was your Man of Match" Thread, one guy says the "Stanley Crowd" so take a bow lads ya earned it.
Old 24-01-2010, 08:01   #108
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Football | News | FA Cup | Match reports | Report: Accrington Stanley v Fulham - ITV Sport
Old 24-01-2010, 08:53   #109
God Member

Smile Re: vs Fulham match thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBNo11 View Post
...well you won't find any gloating from me! We didn't even look like we wanted to be there, I won't make any excuses though. Accy had all of the first half and the sending off of Kempson became the pivotal point of the game.

You guys should be very proud (oh! I see that you are) of your performance today, you passed the ball around well but after the sending off you didnt have the freedom up front - and I can understand you feeling like you were mugged. I would have liked to see you visit Craven Cottage in a return leg but it won't be this season.

Good luck for the rest of your season, and I hope the turnout gives you the financial boost sufficient to save your historical club...
Thanks for that post, nice to have opposing fans commenting like that!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 10:04   #110
Senior Member+

Fulham fans in pub seemed to like Bobby, hope we can keep him. Overall our performance was fantastic IMHO. Sly digs from Hodgson and co. regarding pitch, however this was to be expected.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 10:36   #111
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Fulham fans in pub seemed to like Bobby, hope we can keep him. Overall our performance was fantastic IMHO. Sly digs from Hodgson and co. regarding pitch, however this was to be expected.
it aint really a sly dig about the pitch, its the truth its knackered, thats why its being redone end of season.
Old 24-01-2010, 10:44   #112
God Member

Not the point what was Hodgeson expecting for a league 2 club? Sorry he couldn't slum it, found it insulting. The ground didn't look overly bad seen that pitch in worse conditions before now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 10:57   #113
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Not the point what was Hodgeson expecting for a league 2 club? Sorry he couldn't slum it, found it insulting. The ground didn't look overly bad seen that pitch in worse conditions before now.
Posted via Mobile Device
sure its the point, ive seen it worse, dont make it good though does it, unless you think it is?
Old 24-01-2010, 11:01   #114
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
sure its the point, ive seen it worse, dont make it good though does it, unless you think it is?
Well if u compare it to craven cottage then yeah, but we dont have same money to spend lol.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 24-01-2010, 11:12   #115

a vey sleepy stained red face and hair little girl watching the highlights late last night sumed it up for me

mum im gonna remember today for the rest of my life and snuggled up to sleep singing "oh accrington is wonderful,oh accrington" she didnt make it to the end of the song
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 11:35   #116
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
a vey sleepy stained red face and hair little girl watching the highlights late last night sumed it up for me

mum im gonna remember today for the rest of my life and snuggled up to sleep singing "oh accrington is wonderful,oh accrington" she didnt make it to the end of the song
Thats whats great about these occasions katei, she probably will. i can remember walking up burnley rd to peel park, behind a long line of pompey fans singing back in 59, yet don't ask me what i had fer me tea friday night.
Old 24-01-2010, 12:03   #117
God Member

Every Stanley player should be proud of themselves today, especially Bobby Grant (the second best left-back in the world). Well done reds, we didn't deserve to lose that and Fulham know it. If we can replicate that energy in the league we'll be unplayable. My man of the match would've been Jimmy Ryan but to be honest anyone could've won it and deserved it fully. What a game.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 13:23   #118
God Member

Have to agree with ya shaker about mom deffo jimmy ryan, he is a feisty terrier as Earle agreed, he wasn't afraid to get stuck in at all, always at the ankles of the opposition.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 24-01-2010, 13:27   #119

The best bit of the match was when Chris Baird burst into the box only for the ball to bounce up and out over a divet, quality FA cup drama and he knew it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBNo11 View Post
...well you won't find any gloating from me! We didn't even look like we wanted to be there, I won't make any excuses though. Accy had all of the first half and the sending off of Kempson became the pivotal point of the game.

You guys should be very proud (oh! I see that you are) of your performance today, you passed the ball around well but after the sending off you didnt have the freedom up front - and I can understand you feeling like you were mugged. I would have liked to see you visit Craven Cottage in a return leg but it won't be this season.

Good luck for the rest of your season, and I hope the turnout gives you the financial boost sufficient to save your historical club...
Pre season friendly at the Cottage?
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 14:03   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresonlyoneaccy View Post
The best bit of the match was when Chris Baird burst into the box only for the ball to bounce up and out over a divet, quality FA cup drama and he knew it too!

Pre season friendly at the Cottage?
the smaller team is usually at home for friendlies
huncoatred is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..