Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2010, 19:03   #91
Full Member+

Re: vs Fulham match thread.

Well done today to all the team, they did us proud. It was even stevens up to the Kempson dismissal and I really felt that Attwell the ref mishandled that. Kempson only made two tackles and got booked for both. Why does he not take the player to one side and say 'look I've just booked you, foul again and I'll have to send you off'. Instead he went straight for the second yellow and there's no way back. Game as a level playing field is killed off. What a prat! Rant over, well done Stanley
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2010, 19:22   #92

£20.00 game if we play like that for the rest of season ill pay £22
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 19:32   #93
Junior Member+

...well you won't find any gloating from me! We didn't even look like we wanted to be there, I won't make any excuses though. Accy had all of the first half and the sending off of Kempson became the pivotal point of the game.

You guys should be very proud (oh! I see that you are) of your performance today, you passed the ball around well but after the sending off you didnt have the freedom up front - and I can understand you feeling like you were mugged. I would have liked to see you visit Craven Cottage in a return leg but it won't be this season.

Good luck for the rest of your season, and I hope the turnout gives you the financial boost sufficient to save your historical club...
LBNo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 19:41   #94
Senior Member+

Well everybody seems to be on the same page, very impressed by Stanley, {watched the whole game on the computer**. They outplayed Fulham in the first half and bar for the sending off, I,m sure we would have been at least level at the end. Totally agree with you Reamer, the ref, who I thought had a good game, should have given him a boll*cking but not a 2nd card which ruined the game for everyone there. Common sense in a situation like that. Anyway, totally brilliant Stanley and all concerned.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 20:21   #95
Senior Member+

Now I am even more gutted I could not be there and all I have to show are the edited highlights and maybe a link to the full game via Setanta Australia. At least I have a commerative scarf and mug and programme, thank goodness the Mrs Oz got there to do her bit. One question, if the crowd was 3,712 as reported on the Beeb, and the game was a sell out, was that for Stanley supporters and if so, how many Fulham fans turned up?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 20:23   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
and the game was a sell out, was that for Stanley supporters and if so, how many Fulham fans turned up?
Fishy site says all home tickets sold out by lunchtime. Did nobody count the Fulham taxi's ?
Old 23-01-2010, 20:24   #97

Great gig by the Stanley supporters.

Do you take requests?
expat86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 20:25   #98

I was at the game today and what a transformation in the fortunes of asfc,to say the best team lost is a under statement.Every player gave his all and i reckon that the harsh sending off of darren kempson was the turning point in the game,uptil that point Fulham looked very ordinary indeed.The whole team did accrington proud and the clayton end was in full voice from start to finish,even i was singing hence the soar throat lol.well done Accy,i hope you make the play offs,and if they can maintain that sort of form then who knows maybe even automatic promotion.Roy hodgson will know his team were second best for most of the game and even in the second half with 10 men they still gave it their all,unfortunately you can't play against the ref as well,he gave Accy ****** all in the second half.Well done Accy best wishes for the rest of the season.It was great to see Hobby on the clayton end again.
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 20:40   #99
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrikaaner View Post
I was at the game today and what a transformation in the fortunes of asfc
So...have you decided to come back where you belong...on the Clayton End? We'll even overlook your little infatuation with another club if you return to the fold!
Old 23-01-2010, 20:41   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

just been on friends of fulham forum, there saying good stuff about stanley in general, so fair play to em.
Old 23-01-2010, 21:23   #101
Senior Member+

I tried everywhere for one of those live stream sites but couldn't find anything. Thanks to Fulham for their website as it gave a minute by minute coverage. I moved down to the local for the second half but as they only have Sky I couldn't watch the match, only the commentary.

Sorry you lost, lads xx

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 21:30   #102

Excellent atmosphere today, a real FA cup occasion, 1st half Stanley's, 2nd half all Fulham. The sending off did spoil the 2nd half from being a contest. I can only remember 1 long shot/freekick for Schwarzer to deal with late in the 2nd half. Murphy and Duff's class was clear to see . I think Bouzanis will be disappointed he let in 2 of the 3, and he looks like he's pulled his groin.

I have to praise the outstanding effort from the Clayton End supporters, the huge flags to start, constant singing through and after the match ! I have set the recoder for FA Cup Highlights on ITV tonight, so hopefully re-live some of today's match. A real advert for the FA Cup, Football, Fulham and Stanley all winners today .

Up the Stanley
PRESTON VILLIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 21:33   #103

I've just arrived back in Surrey after the long drive back. Thoroughly enjoyed the day and you should all be rightly proud. Friendly but passionate fans and a team that played their heart out.

It was very harsh on your No5 - most of us thought that he should simply have had a final warning. You were excellent up until that point.

Well, you're undefeated at The Crown against Premiership opposition when it's been 11 against 11.
Fulham in peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 21:37   #104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulham in peace View Post
I've just arrived back in Surrey after the long drive back. Thoroughly enjoyed the day and you should all be rightly proud. Friendly but passionate fans and a team that played their heart out.

It was very harsh on your No5 - most of us thought that he should simply have had a final warning. You were excellent up until that point.

Well, you're undefeated at The Crown against Premiership opposition when it's been 11 against 11.
Glad ya enjoyed it mate, its football like it used to be up here.
Old 23-01-2010, 22:33   #105
God Member

I'm proud as punch of our lads tonight - bloody well done, but for the ref being one-armed towards the premiership prima donnas who knows what could've happened! They certainly know they've been to Lancashire and been given one hell of a game !
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..