Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2007, 21:33   #76
God Member

Re: vs Mansfield

no mention of his booking on sky sports live score centre either, but the yellow card was definately raised

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2007, 21:34   #77
God Member

If the Press Assocaition person had gone for a wee then it won't be listed on the match reports. Referees word is final though
Old 22-09-2007, 21:39   #78
God Member

When I got home one of my lads was asking about carden's sending off, so it was either reported incorrectly or he got his subbing mixed up with being sent off

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 22-09-2007, 21:39   #79
God Member

I thought fist half we bossed it, second half looked nervous and instead of playing it on the deck we were hoofing and hoping and the ball just kept coming back. But 3pts at this stage is perhaps more important than the good flowing football that we are normally treated too? I think the attendance has to have been an improvement as well bearing in mind Mansfield only brought 100 or so fans that means 1300 Stanley Fans the noise from the Clayton End is brilliant a real wall of sound well done to all concerned!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2007, 21:43   #80
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
the noise from the Clayton End is brilliant a real wall of sound well done to all concerned!
Well the noise is def going a lot further, accymad commented today that her mum was actually shocked at the content of some of the chants

Old 22-09-2007, 21:44   #81
God Member

You can say noise again Pendle red, gee no wonder my head is banging still , what a difference a roof makes Oh & a few extra bods in the end

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 08:11   #82

perhaps kenny aurther is diabetic because you are told to eat a bananna if your blood sugar is low, plus he had another drink which you also need if you are diabetic.

i thought that stanley played quite well, all the players looked sharp and i thought the formation helped the defenders alot as not many balls got past them into the final 3rd
Old 23-09-2007, 08:26   #83
Senior Member+

I was also surprised at the team formation. It should have given us more midfield domination but it didn't. Once Mansfield's tall centre back had to leave the field, they had no-one to cope with Paul Mullin's threat in the air and it was unfortunate that we did not give him more quality crosses such as the gem that led to the goal. I'm sure that Leam Richardson would have been more effective than Graham Branch. I might have missed it but no-one seems to have mentioned Mark Roberts in this thread - I cannot recall anything getting past him in the air or on the ground. Paul Carden looked unfit, as did two other Stanley players. As has already been said, Richardson for Branch, Boco for Williams - and we have the making of a good team.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 09:56   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyfan View Post
perhaps kenny aurther is diabetic because you are told to eat a bananna if your blood sugar is low, plus he had another drink which you also need if you are diabetic.
Ahhhhh thats a plausable reason, its good that kenny is looking after himself

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 10:17   #85

Paul Mullin just gets better and better. He should be worth millions by the time he's forty!!!
melonhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 15:29   #86
Senior Member+

And nobody missed Miles.

i fear the Macc fans may have be right all along.

still time for Miles to prove us wrong, surely getting dropped and not coming on is all the inspiration he needs.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 18:29   #87

get a life dav
coleys red army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 20:23   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
And nobody missed Miles.

i fear the Macc fans may have be right all along.

still time for Miles to prove us wrong, surely getting dropped and not coming on is all the inspiration he needs.

what've you got against John Miles? I feel compelled to ask as it seems you have a particular dislike of him.... So he hasn't set the world alight as yet, but what's he done to warrant so much stick?

Not after an argument, I'm just curious

FELIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 20:34   #89
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleys red army View Post
get a life dav
So you decided to keep the name coleys red army and not your other one, good old Len sussed you there.

I agree with you, Miles although we haven't seen the best of him yet is nothing like the waster McEvilly who as well as giving the Stanley fans the finger has let us down bigtime since he came back, he was even booed when he came on yesterday and that's never happened before.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 21:32   #90
Senior Member+

I didn't hear any booing. It must have been a nearly-silent minority.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..