Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2007, 22:05   #91
God Member

Re: vs Mansfield

It got silenced, a lot of shhh'ing when they started booing

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-09-2007, 23:16   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I didn't hear any booing. It must have been a nearly-silent minority.
i heard nowt neither, but if there was think its pretty dumb.
Old 24-09-2007, 09:48   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
So you decided to keep the name coleys red army and not your other one, good old Len sussed you there.

I agree with you, Miles although we haven't seen the best of him yet is nothing like the waster McEvilly who as well as giving the Stanley fans the finger has let us down bigtime since he came back, he was even booed when he came on yesterday and that's never happened before.

he let the club and himself down by getting sent off against peterborough but that's no reason for booing him now - it's not gonna do anything for morale is it

FELIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 13:58   #94
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
I didn't hear any booing. It must have been a nearly-silent minority.
I heard booing from the main stand and from the Clayton End, justified I thought.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 16:02   #95
Resting In Peace

No booing of Stanley players is justified. If you boo a Stanley player you are also booing Coley, Eric, etc. After all it was their decision to sign the player and it was Coley's decision to play him. The player has been punished. So if you feel you have to boo a Stanley player you are effectively booing Stanley and no true supporter would boo Stanley.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 17:38   #96
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
So if you feel you have to boo a Stanley player you are effectively booing Stanley and no true supporter would boo Stanley.
Agree 100% with that sentiment. Criticising players on AccyWeb is one thing, but booing one of our own men on the field of play, no matter what your misgivings about him, is totally out of order.
Old 24-09-2007, 17:49   #97
Senior Member+

I have nothing against any player which gives 100%

john miles has not given 100% or anything near to it.

Lee McEvilly tries harder than John Miles IMO

The irony is, John Miles is probably one of the most skillful players in the squad - if only he could apply himself.

I have nothing against him - it just winds me up to see players in league 2 at smaller clubs not try. Especially one, who has seen and been around the top flight - its as if he is happy to settle for league 2 football.
One of the few levellers in this game is effort. The opposing team cant stop you closing down, making runs, putting in blocks and challenges etc.

Miles does very little of this.

I think its a fair criticism.

If stanley where in a smiliar position to Barcelona and had the luxury of a player not tracking back, working hard, closing down - then fine.
We are not.

Its a team game, and everyone must be committed.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 18:34   #98

It's looking good.
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 19:36   #99
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Criticising players on AccyWeb is one thing, but booing one of our own men on the field of play
How do you know anyone booing was from accyweb? I didn't recognise any of them from here. Please Mr Harris name names.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 24-09-2007, 19:41   #100

I have to agree Miles has done nothing all the times I've seen him play, very good at watching the rest of the team work though.
<script type="text/javascript">function __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(str CallbackEvent, true, true);**if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;********if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(even t);**function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-coord-callback', 5, func);**function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-url-callback', 3, func);**function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**</script>
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 19:44   #101
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
No booing of Stanley players is justified. If you boo a Stanley player you are also booing Coley, Eric, etc. After all it was their decision to sign the player and it was Coley's decision to play him. The player has been punished. So if you feel you have to boo a Stanley player you are effectively booing Stanley and no true supporter would boo Stanley.
Up and down the country players are booed every week, ok it's usually at the end of the game after a poor performance but its supporters letting the management and players know what they thought of them. IMHO McEvilly let us all down a few weeks ago and it was the first chance some supporters had of letting him know that, if that means it was a boo for Coley then so be it for signing him. I presume the booing was a one off because now he has the chance to show us why Coley has faith in him but if he lets us down again what are we to do, cheer him?

Old 24-09-2007, 19:47   #102
God Member

I didn't 'boo', but gave lard arse a bit of stick when he came on.
I think it's fair enough, he should expect it after the way he's let the club down.
I'm not going to constantly and/or maliciously get on his case, that would be childish and afterall he is a Stanley player, but I shall remain indifferent to his being in the side until he starts working hard for once and doing something positive for the club to counteract his complacency and utter idiocy in past games.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 20:24   #103
Senior Member+

McEvilly has been at the ground for the home games that he was banned from playing in. If people have such a problem with him they could have approached him at any of those games and confronted him, instead of booing him from a crowd.

To say it's the first chance they've had to voice their discontent is a cop out.
Old 24-09-2007, 20:46   #104
Accy Red

Quote:
To say it's the first chance they've had to voice their discontent is a cop out.
Utter crap, has he stood on the Clayton End, I don't think so, not everyone sits in the main stand or goes into the sports bar so yes it was the first chance some fans had to be heard.

Old 24-09-2007, 20:56   #105
Senior Member+

Bit of a soft lad eh?

If people feel so strongly about it they could tell him to his face. It's a cop out. Pure and simple.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..