Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2007, 20:59   #106
Super Moderator

Re: vs Mansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
How do you know anyone booing was from accyweb? I didn't recognise any of them from here. Please Mr Harris name names.
Sorry, not making myself clear there. I wasn't implying that any contributors to Accyweb were booing him. I was just making the point that, in my opinion, it's acceptable to criticise players constructively on Accyweb or any other forum, and I've certainly expressed my feelings about McEvilly in the past. But I don't agree with booing players when they are in action for us. They should have our 100% backing then.
Old 24-09-2007, 21:08   #107
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Sorry, not making myself clear there. I wasn't implying that any contributors to Accyweb were booing him. I was just making the point that, in my opinion, it's acceptable to criticise players constructively on Accyweb or any other forum, and I've certainly expressed my feelings about McEvilly in the past. But I don't agree with booing players when they are in action for us. They should have our 100% backing then.
agree with you 100% its not exactly going to encourage him is it .i think when hes 100% fit he,ll be an asset to our team.a different option which the fans have been crying out for .
Old 24-09-2007, 21:19   #108
Full Member+

I'll tell you what,TM, I think you might have hit the nail on the head! Something about safety in numbers! I'd love to see one or two of the boo-boys meet Lee individually, with a greeting such as "Evening Lardarse, you haven't half let the club down!" Perhaps you could arrange a couple of introductions. I'm sure Lee would be willing - don't think I could say the same for them!!!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 22:37   #109
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Bit of a soft lad eh?

If people feel so strongly about it they could tell him to his face. It's a cop out. Pure and simple.
He He nice try, I was refering to other fans not myself. I actually went in the Sports Bar after the Peterbourgh game to maybe pass a comment to McEvilly unfortunatly he choose not to come in, that was when I had a discussion with a certain Russell Whalley, I will never cop out if I have something to say, no matter how big (fat) the person is.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 22:39   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
I'll tell you what,TM, I think you might have hit the nail on the head! Something about safety in numbers! I'd love to see one or two of the boo-boys meet Lee individually, with a greeting such as "Evening Lardarse, you haven't half let the club down!" Perhaps you could arrange a couple of introductions. I'm sure Lee would be willing - don't think I could say the same for them!!!*

* ditto. chances of that happening are SLIM to none ha ha.
FELIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 22:42   #111
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Ok point taken, I'm sure it was a one off and everyone will get behind him from now on.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 23:39   #112
God Member

Personally - I have held reservertions over Lee because of a) his general attitude b) his attitude towards Stanley fans when at Wrexham c) the needless sending off against Peterborough (spoke volumes) d) his continued lack of fitness for a professional footballer BUT I'd still love to be proved wrong. However, I doubt that he has it in him to prove anybody wrong for a sustained period of six games or more. The guy had it in him to be a legend at more than one club but he has lost that opportunity through ill temper and ill-discipline. As good as he could be, he is not as good as some at the club could be given his chances. And to argue the fact about his size, I think he is big for a footballer, but he don't look half as big in his trousers and V-neck sweater.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..