Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2005, 20:10   #31
Senior Member+

Re: what questions were asked at forum???

Ho Hum! Will go and sort out my box!
Old 07-04-2005, 20:14   #32
g78

lol you do that, gets fuller than most.
Old 07-04-2005, 20:32   #33
Senior Member+

Ok;Gary Roberts.What a surprise.He does actually look ok from what we have seen of him so far. The other player who shall now be "anonymous"[ironic eh?] actually quite rates him.I personally don't think he is as good as the Real Thing.But everyone's entitled to an opinion and since you have obviously been studying my posts from the previous few weeks [at least] you probably have a good idea of mine!
Old 07-04-2005, 21:07   #34
Junior Member+

Thing is Lindsay. Rory deserves to take his talent to the league. He's 26 and was mightily close to joining Bristol Rovers until an 11th hour u-turn. Great player and a heart of gold but his relationship with management team has been severed by his outbursts. He doesn't deserve it. I felt sorry for him the other night, I have been in a similar situation and it hurts.
He knows he will always have friends at Stanley regardless. It doesnt need you to back him up all the time.
Anony mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 21:10   #35
g78

She isn't 'backing him up', she is just giving her opinion which is what you do on a message board. If she wants to talk about how good a player she thinks he is then thats her right.
Old 07-04-2005, 21:35   #36

lindsay you stoped using rorys name, why, he is a star of non league football, its a shame whats happend, but we can only hope that our players and management are adults and can resolve the differences and get on with reaching the playoffs
Old 07-04-2005, 21:35   #37
Senior Member+

Bet he was thrilled to get your birthday card.He has made no secret of his ambition to play league football;ask any player in the squad and you would get the same answer.He got an agent because of all the daft rumours flying around and he didn't know how to deal with it himself;no crime there.He is an honest lad working hard for the Club but his face doesn't fit and that is a great cause of concern not just for him but for fans too....he will go,that's virtually inevitable and all because of personality clashes.We will lose the BEST WINGER in the Conference because of petty differences and large egos.Time for some thinking outside the box I think Mr C.
Old 07-04-2005, 21:44   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
We will lose the BEST WINGER in the Conference
When he is on his game which hasn't been regulary, also he can be the WORST WINGER in the league as JC said last night when he isn't on his game, which has happenend too many times this season.........
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 21:52   #39

smiffy wingers are made and broken by team mates, stick the ball out to a good winger and of he will go and your winger is a star, upset team mates ball not played to winger, winger has bad game and is not a star GET THE DRIFT
Old 07-04-2005, 22:04   #40
Senior Member+

Exactly;he can't do his job when he doesn't get the ball!
Old 07-04-2005, 22:22   #41

Unfortunately The Descision Re Rory Is Out Of Our Hands As Coley Made Clear. A Football Team Is Made Up Of Eleven Players & No Manager Worth His Money Will Ever Admit Having Favourites. With A Larger Squad Every Player Has To Earn His Right To A Shirt On The Day. As Fans We Only See 90 Minutes Worth, Not The Whole Weeks Efforts So We Have To Trust The Management Descisions-whether They Be Right Or Wrong On The Day-the Manager Is The Man Who Takes The Flak Or Praise At The End Of The Day. As Much As I Dearly Would Love To See Rory Remain A Stanley Player That Is His & The Managers Prerogative. Rorys Response At Staleybridge Shows He Knows The Fans Want Him, Just Hope He Doesn't Do A Lutel!
Old 07-04-2005, 22:26   #42
Senior Member+

Iv got a feeling rory wont be here for much longer
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:39   #43

same here cafu hope im wrong though
Old 08-04-2005, 11:46   #44
God Member

If you'd been publicly humiliated, then slagged off at the fans forum & in the local paper without a chance to defend yourself - would you want to stay? I hope things can be sorted but sadly, I seriously doubt it. At least the fans have shown him they want him here and I hope they do that again tomorrow.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:04   #45
God Member

But Coley says he touted himself to league clubs and got an agent to find a league club BEFORE the fans forum ... As he said that at the fans forum then you cant blame that for him wanting to leave.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..