Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2004, 08:58   #1

Unhappy Where's the Kipax Thread

Where has it gone ???? Sure it was here last night
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-10-2004, 09:00   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Where's the Kipax Thread

What was in it mate??? did not see it.. so give us the gist of it mate..
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2004, 09:04   #3

Well Kipax has decided not to post on here again !!! some people were just saying come back mate I think he fell out with a few people on a thread somewhere else on the site ?? but don't quote me on that hehehe

Come Back Kipax
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2004, 09:06   #4
Senior Member+

Cheer's mate... Why take it away then if it aint nasty???? sound's a good thread to me.... COME BACK KIPAX
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2004, 10:16   #5

I removed the thread at the request of a few members, because it was obvious that it was starting to contravene the terms and conditions of the forum.

Encouraging long-term members to come back to the forum is to be commended and I'm sure they appreciate the support that people have shown.

I don't want to make a habit of deleting threads, so hopefully I can go back in to hibernation very soon.
Old 21-10-2004, 11:49   #6
Resident Waffler

So, maybe we can start again in here with a new "Come back Kipax" thread?

Would that be acceptable?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2004, 12:07   #7

Red face Re: Where's the Kipax Thread

I don't really fully appreciate what the hell's going on here!

It would appear that if you "say the wrong thing" you disappear during the night, never to be seen again. I have always seen this forum as being light hearted, with the occasional sprinkling of constructive criticism. Are we now saying that is not to be the case going forward?

I read a comment relating to threads being deleted for the reason that they were detached from footballing issues, yet I can distinctly recall pages and pages of damn penguins!!

I don’t know who has upset Kipax, or whom he may have upset, his reasons for departuring are his alone. However, I can honestly say, with hand on heart, that his contribution and commitment to Accrington Stanley over the last few seasons is second to no other terrace standing punter!
<O</O

Please Mr Moderator, et al, could we start to use some common sense when applying the delete button, and to the general punter, lets keep hateful criticism in the gutter, then perhaps we can go forward with a healthy forum that is welcoming to all.

Last edited by Redskin; 21-10-2004 at 12:15.
Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2004, 12:16   #8
Resident Waffler

Actually Redskin, there wasn't any hateful criticism.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2004, 12:29   #9

Wink Re: Where's the Kipax Thread

As I said, I don't know what has gone on regarding Kipax and any other individual. But I feel that the general tone of the forum has degraded and the moderators appear to be inconsistant when applying the rules.
Old 21-10-2004, 16:20   #10
Full Member+

As the person who started the deleted thread, can I say again. Come back Kipax, your contributions are sorely missed.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2004, 16:35   #11
God Member

Kipax and myself rarely agreed on any of the postings throughout this site; neverthless, we've had a pleasant drink togeather both in Accy and at Stanley's away games down here in London. So I concur fully with the above -

COME ON BACK KIPAX - YOU ARE MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2004, 19:36   #12

i agree with redskin being in kent i get to see all the games down south and a few when i am up north but kipax will be missed so i say please come back you will be missed
Old 21-10-2004, 20:33   #13
I am Banned

Theres no doubt that everybody wants kipax back and hopefully somebody that knows him personally can persuade him to come back?

COME BACK KIPAX!
you know you want to!
accystankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2004, 20:39   #14
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIE
I removed the thread at the request of a few members, because it was obvious that it was starting to contravene the terms and conditions of the forum.

Encouraging long-term members to come back to the forum is to be commended and I'm sure they appreciate the support that people have shown.

I don't want to make a habit of deleting threads, so hopefully I can go back in to hibernation very soon.
I feel you should not have deleted the thread, it was a Kipax thread and therefore you would expect the odd post to include comments about Kipax. The final post by Gobsmacked tried to give the members that where not aware of why Kipax decided to leave an idea of what went on. Once again a moderator on this forum has decided that the whole picture should not be allowed to be painted, what is going on.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2004, 20:39   #15
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I feel you should not have deleted the thread, it was a Kipax thread and therefore you would expect the odd post to include comments about Kipax. The final post by Gobsmacked tried to give the members that where not aware of why Kipax decided to leave an idea of what went on. Once again a moderator on this forum has decided that the whole picture should not be allowed to be painted, what is going on.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..