Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 20:32   #166
God Member

Re: 1 in 4 living off benefits

You aren't listening, we don't agree with it but unless we can come up with a solution what can we actually do about it? I know there are some people who manage to con their way onto DLA, but I know a hell of a lot more who have had to fight for it. No it is not right that the people not entitled are getting it but if you have the solution you are in the wrong job!
Old 04-09-2007, 20:37   #167
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
You aren't listening, we don't agree with it but unless we can come up with a solution what can we actually do about it? I know there are some people who manage to con their way onto DLA, but I know a hell of a lot more who have had to fight for it. No it is not right that the people not entitled are getting it but if you have the solution you are in the wrong job!
i just feel that apathy is the greatest enemy of any society, and although the solution i offered may not be ideal, it is a solution, but with that said will we ever find an ideal solution to any problem, i think not.

i think that any goverment are more bothered about their precious whitehall perks, than to introduce wide reaching benefit reforms
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 20:40   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
these things are all supposed to be in place now, for JSA

so MR A how long did it take you to read the paper, 3 days mmmmmm interesting.

so the agency/job centre/advisor you visited, did you log your attendance?

i feel you are just nit picking, of course there can be procedures introduced to check on peoples job seeking

and enough said why? so any politcal stance the varies from your own can be dismissed as poppycock?

No, wrong end of stick meet right end.

I was a new deal advisor, many people who have been unemployed for a long period of time it takes a lot of work to get them back into work. Problems such as low self esteem and depression are common, because of the length of time without work.

Reasons for people being out of work can vary from dependency problems, criminal records and abusive relationships, forced labour or forced into anything will not help any of these.

With regards the Austrian government and extremist right wing government regime, yes I do disagree with there outlook and the majority of the policies, however if you can name another country with a working welfare state that uses this then I will look into it further, but as you have only mentioned one country with the most right wing government since Hitler I will treat it with a great deal of caution.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 20:41   #169
God Member

Quote:
i just feel that apathy is the greatest enemy of any society, and although the solution i offered may not be ideal, it is a solution, but with that said will we ever find an ideal solution to any problem, i think not.

i think that any goverment are more bothered about their precious whitehall perks, than to introduce wide reaching benefit reforms
Now we are singing from the same sheet, until the people in power decide to tighten the system up we are powerless
Old 04-09-2007, 20:42   #170
God Member

Quote:
there are three types of lies, lies ,damn lies and statistics- benjamin disrealli
Government uses statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post, more for support than illumination .... John Diefenbaker.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 20:45   #171
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Now we are singing from the same sheet, until the people in power decide to tighten the system up we are powerless
but we put the people in power, how are we powerless, if that is the case then we may as well just live under a dictaorship, ad sign away total control of our lives, use the power of the ballot box, if everyone who felt the same lobbied their MP, they would have to take notice
Old 04-09-2007, 20:45   #172
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Government uses statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post, more for support than illumination .... John Diefenbaker.
i like it
so now im gonna google john diefenbaker
Old 04-09-2007, 20:46   #173
God Member

Quote:
That is a good one Eric and so very true, they just lump figures together and this is the reaction they get from it
Old 04-09-2007, 20:46   #174

Quote:

I really do like that one
Old 04-09-2007, 20:52   #175
Senior Member+

Quote:
i like it
so now im gonna google john diefenbaker
ok done it, know who he was now
Old 04-09-2007, 21:04   #176
Give, give, give member

Quote:
arguable point, it was never official accredited to either, but im just argumentative lol
What can be credited is that I first used the quote, way back in post 112 of this thread.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 21:07   #177
God Member

Quote:
but we put the people in power, how are we powerless, if that is the case then we may as well just live under a dictaorship, ad sign away total control of our lives, use the power of the ballot box, if everyone who felt the same lobbied their MP, they would have to take notice
There you go again, I do use my vote but at the moment I can't take off to London to lobby my MP(not that it would make any difference if I could). The problem runs much deeper here in Hyndburn, a lot of our industry has gone so the jobs aren't there like they used to be. This is not a new problem, people have been living on benefits for years, but when I was younger it was hardly noticeable.
Old 04-09-2007, 21:08   #178
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
What can be credited is that I first used the quote, way back in post 112 of this thread.
Which makes me Benjamin Disraeli, and you Mark Twain, for saying it secondly.

Old 04-09-2007, 21:16   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Which makes me Benjamin Disraeli, and you Mark Twain, for saying it secondly.
I think I said it first at number 15 . I love being a pedant
Old 04-09-2007, 21:19   #180
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanaccy View Post
I think I said it first at number 15 . I love being a pedant

Lol, touche!

Ok, you're Disraeli, and I'm Mark Twain.

As for Churchfcrules, he's way off the radar.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..