Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2009, 19:19   #721

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

[quote=garinda;682431]
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post

The calendar should be important to you, because although sent by only Conservative councillors, it was funded by everyone, including yourself, via your Council Tax.

So on behalf of myself, thanks for paying for mine, although this year's meagre effort went straight into the recycling sack, unlike the twelve paged, full colour calendar from three years ago, which is safely stored away with other treasured collectibles.
Your welcome i dont mind contributing to the calender at all with my tax money i think it was a nice gesture to members and a great idea for advertising whoever thought of the idea hats of to them my guess is it wouldnt have cost that much money to fund.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2009, 19:20   #722
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Which is something that your son Andrew disagrees with, he thinks it is better for the Council Tax payers of Hyndburn to pay for the production and delivery of Area Council calendars.
I didn't intend to post here again as there was nothing more to say, however I must correct you. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and PM'ed you asking you retract this incorrect statement about me. You decided against it, therefore this post is to inform everyone that this is not actually what I believe. Yet another Labour councillor getting things wrong. Next thing you know they'll be claiming we have the most expensive council tax in the country. What people won't do for votes.
Old 19-02-2009, 19:32   #723

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
I find it very hard to believe that you have never received any leaflets from your councillor as Graham jones delivered leaflets to all households in his ward last year. In 2007 I helped Graham deliver Christmas cards in Peeil Ward (and we definitely delivered cards in Turkey Street). In 2008 Graham Jones and Bernard Dawson delivered Christmas Cards to every household in Peel ward.

Incidentally the Christmas cards delivered in 2007 and 2008 were paid for personally by the Labour Ward Councillors and did not cost the Council Tax payer of Hyndburn any money whatsoever. Which is something that your son Andrew disagrees with, he thinks it is better for the Council Tax payers of Hyndburn to pay for the production and delivery of Area Council calendars.
I never stated to anyone that i resided on Turkey Street. I can asure you have never recieved a christmas card or calender from either parties but would be happy to pay out of my tax money.
Old 19-02-2009, 19:34   #724

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I didn't intend to post here again as there was nothing more to say, however I must correct you. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and PM'ed you asking you retract this incorrect statement about me. You decided against it, therefore this post is to inform everyone that this is not actually what I believe. Yet another Labour councillor getting things wrong. Next thing you know they'll be claiming we have the most expensive council tax in the country. What people won't do for votes.
Andrew maybe if you had asked me online rather than through private messages I would have rephrased my comments, but I am not prepared to do things 'behind closed doors'.

One day Andrew you will grow up - learn what life is all about - how it feels to have to feed and clothe a family, pay bills and a mortgage and rent, and have to juggle your money to do so. You might even have to go without food to pay the bills and feed your children - I have had to do so in the past. You might even be made redundant in the middle of a recession -that happened to me twice under the Tories -and suffer the indignity of having to queue (in a queue that stretches well out into the street) to sign on. Then you will be qualified to lecture me about politics.

My mother would had a saying for people like you 'he has swallowed the map.'

As for the behavior of the ruling Tory group on Hyndburn Council - they are not capable to organize a drink in a brewery.

Graham Jones (who you appear to have a pathological dislike for) is hardworking and extremely intelligent and cares passionately about the people of this borough and unlike most of the Tories he is not out for every penny he can get for being a councillor. He has achieved all he has because he has had to battle for everything in life. When he left school there was only YTS (to put it another way -Tory legalised child labour) where you were paid a pittance and then discarded after 12 months because there was new supply of 'cannon fodder'. It amazes me how much people of Graham's age (which includes my own children and their friends) have achieved despite all the obstacles the Tory government put in there way.

By comparison you have it so easy - just wonder what you will have achieved by the time you are in your early 40's.

i did not attend university (like you) but I have learnt at lot from the great university of life and am still learning.

Andrew maybe you should tell Graham yourself what you have just posted in a private message to me. If you have anything more to say to me - please post in a public thread.

Last edited by claytonender; 19-02-2009 at 19:38.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 19:46   #725
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Well in the case of the Christmas cards and calendars, in a word no.

One party, Labour, apparently paid for the cards out of their own pocket, whilst the Conservatives got the local tax payer to foot the bill for their 'gift'.
I can't see what you are getting so hot under the collar about.

You and I and many other people have paid taxes to our national government which would make local taxes appear as only a pinprick in the affairs of businesses in the UK.

Local politcians I agree do make a difference but only at a local level and to my knowledge have no input or influence in government whatsoever.

The ordinary individuals pay local taxes for local services. I must agree that the calendar thing was probably out of order but the conservative majority are in control by the action of your peers.

I am sorry to harp on about comparisons but the home secretary and her claim for expenses on one of her homes could send a calendar to every home in Hyndburn every week for a year.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 19:48   #726

Quote:
Perhaps you only know people who live in a similar bubble?
I presented the question again today at work out of ten people five could inform me who was their councillor was and which ward they were in perhaps its just because their not interested as i was previously but your naive to think people know this.I informed them about one stateing on here that i must only know people who live in the same bubble they were not impressed and simply stated they werent aware because they had no interest in local politics.
Old 19-02-2009, 19:56   #727

[quote=cashman;682487]if ya work the percentage out of those ya questioned,i'll bet its somewhere near the percentage that votes locally, so no suprises there.[/quote The majority didnt vote locally just in general elections.
Old 19-02-2009, 20:02   #728
God Member

It would be rather interesting if local councillors were elected without a politcal tag.
We may get a different result altogether.

Old 19-02-2009, 20:03   #729
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Your welcome i dont mind contributing to the calender at all with my tax money i think it was a nice gesture to members and a great idea for advertising whoever thought of the idea hats of to them my guess is it wouldnt have cost that much money to fund.
Well all I can say to that is more fool you.

Happily not wearing blinkers allows me to phyically see a hundred and one ways tax payer's money could be better spent in Hyndburn.

Last edited by garinda; 19-02-2009 at 20:13.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 20:09   #730
God Member

[quote=garinda;682662]
Quote:

Happily not wearing blinkers allows me to phyically see a hundred and one ways tax payer's money could be better spent in Hyndburn.
You've just quoted yourself Rindi....and thats not like you.

Old 19-02-2009, 20:11   #731
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
That's the trouble if you give your word, in this case that you'd given your last word on this subject, it's that you really must mean it.

If in doubt, always keep your options open, so that when you say something, people will know they really can believe you.

Old 19-02-2009, 20:12   #732
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post

You've just quoted yourself Rindi....and thats not like you.
No I haven't.

I think someone should perhaps learn how to quote people properly...or I'll start charging them for the use of my words.

Old 19-02-2009, 20:15   #733
God Member

Quote:
That's the trouble if you give your word, in this case that you'd given your last word on this subject, it's that you really must mean it.

If in doubt, always keep your options open, so that when you say something, people will know they really can believe you.
Luckily I posted this was the last I was going to say on the matter. The matter appears to have changed now that Labour councillors are accusing me of supporting council tax payers paying for calendars and they refuse to retract the incorrect statements.
Old 19-02-2009, 20:16   #734
God Member

Quote:

How did I know you would pick up on this?....Keep attacking and digging up smart arsed comments, the lad is bound to come back as I would.
He was prepared to let it rest but it seems the subject is not yet dead?

Old 19-02-2009, 20:24   #735

Quote:

I am not wearing blinkers at all in my opinion its a way of informing people and getting information out their for the clear reasons i have stated by doing my little survey in terms of individuals not knowing the ward their in or who their councillors are small price to pay for more votes and isnt this what its all about or tell me have i missed the point.

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..