Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 14:45   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Now...This is silly and a complete waste of time

Lettie, maybe someone from'The Leaders Office' will be along in a minute to enlighten us all....but just don't hold your breath.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2009, 14:55   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
why don't you "ALL" grow up n run Hyndburn Properly?

I think a certain local councillor told me off recently for saying this BUT they wonder why people can't be bothered to vote
Old 06-04-2009, 14:58   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Lettie, maybe someone from'The Leaders Office' will be along in a minute to enlighten us all....but just don't hold your breath.
well whomever is posting under that guise, can only be the leader or his ass kisser IMHO. has made 2 posts, today n 12th march, the first one seemed to me arrogance, this one petty, the amount of posts by T.L.O. shows how much he cares/regards residents views, to me anyway.
Old 06-04-2009, 14:58   #34
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

In the mean time Jaysay, you have his ear, try and find out what all this lot is about, I know you are a dedicated Tory but surely even you aren't happy about this pile of whatsit?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 15:14   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well whomever is posting under that guise, can only be the leader or his ass kisser IMHO. has made 2 posts, today n 12th march, the first one seemed to me arrogance, this one petty, the amount of posts by T.L.O. shows how much he cares/regards residents views, to me anyway.
Well it's coming from the email address of the clown in chief so it's either himself or the tea boy nipping on to do the dirty work.
Old 06-04-2009, 15:23   #36
God Member

Can I remind everyone that you've been braying on here for PB to come on and post for years and now, when he does, you start having a go at him for the way he's doing it.

If you carry on, the chances he won't post again and then you'll be back to square one again.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 15:31   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Well it's coming from the email address of the clown in chief so it's either himself or the tea boy nipping on to do the dirty work.
Erm, Lindsay how do you know the email address? If your giving out secrets that only a mod' should know you are just as bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Can I remind everyone that you've been braying on here for PB to come on and post for years and now, when he does, you start having a go at him for the way he's doing it.

If you carry on, the chances he won't post again and then you'll be back to square one again.
Yes, Gayle, you are absolutely right, except maybe he would gain more respect if he came on as himself rather than some pompous Office, we all know when we are talking to Graham, who could we be talking to under such a guise as is being used now?
Old 06-04-2009, 15:32   #38
Beacon of light

Gayle, while it would be good to have a decent debate, this does not constitute anything like a decent debate, because he is hiding under the guise of TLO.

And if this is a sample of the stuff he plans to post then I think we would be better off back at square one......but hey, maybe I am on my own in these thoughts.
Old 06-04-2009, 15:34   #39
Beacon of light

Quote from the post made by Less:-

except maybe he would gain more respect if he came on as himself rather than some pompous Office,

Spot on Less.......I wish I had said that.
Old 06-04-2009, 15:46   #40
Senior Member+

[quote=Less;701247]Erm, Lindsay how do you know the email address? If your giving out secrets that only a mod' should know you are just as bad.

Thought it was common knowledge after the first time he posted, think it was Jaysay that confirmed it.
Old 06-04-2009, 15:52   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Am I allowed to ask.....? Is that a typo, or am I missing some alternative humour here.
(just for the uninitiated, a douche is a cleansing procedure only possible in women)
Probably from the Latin Ducha (shower) or even Ducharse (to shower) but I'm sure Royboy will correct me If I'm wrong.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 15:53   #42

[quote=lindsay ormerod;701256]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Erm, Lindsay how do you know the email address? If your giving out secrets that only a mod' should know you are just as bad.

Thought it was common knowledge after the first time he posted, think it was Jaysay that confirmed it.
The source, is what Jaysay confirmed if I remember correctly, not, the email address, which is what you stated:-

Quote:
None of the ordinary members can confirm such things, that's why it's tucked away separate by the mod's.
Old 06-04-2009, 16:07   #43
Resting in Peace

[quote=Less;701260]
Quote:

None of the ordinary members can confirm such things, that's why it's tucked away separate by the mod's.
Less, if you download the Vcard in the profile under contact information, it comes up with Peter.Britcliffe@ ... etc. There for all members to see ... Think it was Cashy who confirmed it after the last post.

Last edited by katex; 06-04-2009 at 16:09.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 16:13   #44
God Member

As Neil said, councillors are supposed to declare an interest from the start.

GJ didn't and has been pulled up on it.

We have had this the other way round when PB had to declare an interest round the bus station area.

I agree, less effort should be put into the 'to you, to me' business.

I also agree with Gayle that people have been griping for years that PB has not got the nerve to post on here then when he does..........well, he hasn't received the warmest welcome, has he?
Old 06-04-2009, 16:16   #45
Resting in Peace

I've just spoken to councillor Britcliffe, I thought I ask him about this complaint when I saw the thread. It seems the first time Peter knew about this complaint was when some one pointed out the article in the LT hence the post from the leaders office. The thing is, and I don't know the ins or outs of the matter, but with issues such as this you should declare and interest, whether Graham Jones did or didn't I don't know, but I actually think that if the 35 councillors on HBC all sought to improve there own street I think there would be a few eyebrows raised even on Accy Web.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..