Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 16:19   #46
God Member

Re: Now...This is silly and a complete waste of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
but I actually think that if the 35 councillors on HBC all sought to improve there own street I think there would be a few eyebrows raised even on Accy Web.
Given the number of potholes on the roads round here at the moment I reckon 350 councillors wouldn't cover it
Old 06-04-2009, 16:20   #47
God Member

Quote:
I've just spoken to councillor Britcliffe, I thought I ask him about this complaint when I saw the thread. It seems the first time Peter knew about this complaint was when some one pointed out the article in the LT hence the post from the leaders office. The thing is, and I don't know the ins or outs of the matter, but with issues such as this you should declare and interest, whether Graham Jones did or didn't I don't know, but I actually think that if the 35 councillors on HBC all sought to improve there own street I think there would be a few eyebrows raised even on Accy Web.
The article itself does not mention PB.

It says that Paul Barton and Tony Dobson put the complaint in.
Old 06-04-2009, 16:20   #48
Senior Member+

[quote=katex;701264]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

Less, if you download the Vcard in the profile under contact information, it comes up with Peter.Britcliffe@ ... etc. There for all members to see ... Think it was Cashy who confirmed it after the last post.
Thanks Kate, didn't think I was breaking any pots there!

( I won't hold my breath for an apology though..... )

Last edited by lindsay ormerod; 06-04-2009 at 16:22.
lindsay ormerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 16:23   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
As Neil said, councillors are supposed to declare an interest from the start.

GJ didn't and has been pulled up on it.

We have had this the other way round when PB had to declare an interest round the bus station area.

I agree, less effort should be put into the 'to you, to me' business.

I also agree with Gayle that people have been griping for years that PB has not got the nerve to post on here then when he does..........well, he hasn't received the warmest welcome, has he?
Well Lilly I think that's the point, really. The last time he posted the mods had to delete some post as being inappropriate. The point I have always made is that anyone who wants to discuss anything with PB they can do so face to face no problem, but maybe that wouldn't suite some of our discerning members on here.
Old 06-04-2009, 16:27   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Given the number of potholes on the roads round here at the moment I reckon 350 councillors wouldn't cover it
Well dave bend the ear of your Labour County Councillor, not really anything to do with HBC, and if you complain long and hard enough you may just get some improvements before the elections
Old 06-04-2009, 16:33   #51
God Member

Quote:
Well dave bend the ear of your Labour County Councillor, not really anything to do with HBC, and if you complain long and hard enough you may just get some improvements before the elections

Confused the hell out of me . A labour councillor should have declared his interest in an HBC meeting about the state of the streets yet you're telling me it's not to do with HBC. No wonder we waste billions on politics
Old 06-04-2009, 16:40   #52
Resting in Peace

Quote:
but I actually think that if the 35 councillors on HBC all sought to improve there own street I think there would be a few eyebrows raised even on Accy Web.
All these streets were unadopted roads Jaysay, which was a special issue up for discussion. Ok, before the discussion maybe Cllr.Jones did not actually say to the committee "Look guys/gals, I actually live on Hodder Street". Of course they all knew anyway, his address is on the HBC website. Perhaps just an 'official' oversight.

Agree was not actually pointed out by Cllr. Britcliffe and think we are being a little petty ourselves by the attack on him and the 'global' matters of roads, etc., which are affecting us at the moment. I, myself, think the council are doing their utmost, with any funding that is possible, in regenerating our town. Most North-West towns are in the same position unfortunately.

I don't see why Cllr. Jones should not push for his road to be re-surfaced, he is not the only one living on that street, and must get lots of earache from his neighbours on this, so naturally feels he is obliged to see what can be done, along with OTHER unadopted roads. Damned if he does; damned if he doesn't.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 16:42   #53
Resting in Peace

[quote=lindsay ormerod;701270]
Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

Thanks Kate, didn't think I was breaking any pots there!

( I won't hold my breath for an apology though..... )
Nor me Lindsay .. he's never wrong is he ? LOL.

Come on Less grovel.
Old 06-04-2009, 17:16   #54
Beacon of light

Lilly, maybe Councillor Britcliffe would have received a warmer welcome if he had not posted under the pretentious name of The Leaders Office.
What will he do when he isn't The Leader?....and he hasn't actually been either forthcoming or prolific with his posts in the time he has been a member.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 17:34   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Lilly, maybe Councillor Britcliffe would have received a warmer welcome if he had not posted under the pretentious name of The Leaders Office.
What will he do when he isn't The Leader?....and he hasn't actually been either forthcoming or prolific with his posts in the time he has been a member.
LOL .. yeh, did make me titter too Margaret ... like a little bridge to cross between himself and the public which probably has a troll hiding underneath.
Old 06-04-2009, 17:42   #56
Beacon of light

Exactly Katex........Graham Jones is himself, and while you might not always agree with what he says, at least you know it is him and he is putting forward his opinions and ideas(personally, I find this quite refreshing).
If The Leaders Office is Peter Britcliffe (and although it comes from his e-mail address, we can't be sure)then he should have the guts to come out and say it is him....and perhaps change his name to one which is more recognisable, and not the faceless bureaucracy that his current name suggests........it is a bit like that woman going to the school wearing the veil......he and she could be anybody.
Not a good start for joining a forum like this......and ever so slightly dishonest(well that's my feeling, though I will probably get shot down for it)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 17:51   #57
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
As Neil said, councillors are supposed to declare an interest from the start.

GJ didn't and has been pulled up on it.

We have had this the other way round when PB had to declare an interest round the bus station area.

I agree, less effort should be put into the 'to you, to me' business.

I also agree with Gayle that people have been griping for years that PB has not got the nerve to post on here then when he does..........well, he hasn't received the warmest welcome, has he?
There is a massive difference about not declaring a business interest, as in the case of the bus station being moved and Cllr. Britcliffe's interest, and the street where a councillor actually lives. It's no secret where councillors live, it's easily accessible from numerous places on council literature.

As for TheLeadersOffice HBC, isn't it a banning offence to log in on this forum under someone else's username, as appears to have happened here, with the issuing of a statement on behalf of Cllr. Britcliffe?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 17:56   #58
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
What will he do when he isn't The Leader?

I made the same point when the member made their first post....though it was deleted as 'inappropriate'

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 17:58   #59
God Member

I was told by HBC that unadopted roads were nothing to do with them when I complained about ours. Does this mean they were lying? If councillor Jones gets his way I'll certainly be complaining.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 18:03   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeadersOffice HBC View Post
Councillor Peter Britcliffe has issued the following statement regarding the Complaint against Councillor Graham Jones for putting forward and approving a scheme to improve his own street at an Area Council meeting in the Autumn of 2008:
It's this bit that does it really isn't it ... sorta' above his station like ...

Still, stand by my other comments in my post.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..