Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 21:41   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Conservative candidates promises anger residents

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Maybe Mrs Buckley may have picked up a few votes if she had come and explained all that herself
Think that may be a bit unfair Dave, Karens probably been too busy House Hunting.
Old 05-05-2010, 22:04   #32

I know Karen Buckley personally and can guarantee that she will make an excellent MP for Hyndburn. I cant say the same for Graham Jones who is running a very negative campaign. the only problem is that we'll have to put up with him for another 3 years at county hall if he is not elected as MP and one year was bad enough!

As for Karen's promises I am sure she will be able to work with and influence local government to secure the best outcomes for the local people.

Tim Ashton
Tim Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 22:21   #33
God Member

There is an overwhelming stench of cuprinol around these parts, what with all the politicos crawling out of the woodwork.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 22:22   #34
God Member

oh aye up not only is camron runnin about the country trying to rally votes through the night but now his minions have invade the internet and finaly made it to accrington web

too little too late theres been plenty of time and opportunity for buckley and her supporters if any to come here and introduce themselves to the most read local website with thousands of local viewers each day.

or is it due to her not from been round here that she wasnt even aware that this site existed until somone whispered that Mr Jones had posted somthing about her prommises on here

let me see

Graham Jones - local guy whos worked hard for his constituants and helped out many people not even in his ward

OR

Karren Buckley - ERRR whos that again ?

edit:

i must appoligise she did join up she just never had anything to say to us

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 05-05-2010 at 22:29.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 22:35   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
There is an overwhelming stench of cuprinol around these parts, what with all the politicos crawling out of the woodwork.
People have only come out of the woodwork to answer what was a stupid (sorry political) thread in the first place.

If our labour candidate had not thought of a way to score political points in the days before the election and told silly stories about the opposition then this would not have happened

As per usual Mr Jones cannot come up with anything to endorse himself he just keeps on blaming others trying to score political points from wherever he can.

Mr Jones I am a labour person through and through but I do not think that you are the person who should be representing me in parliament. I don't trust you and I think that you should try and put your brain in motion before speaking out and your constant blaming of others for whatever it is that is going wrong is childish and immature.

Good luck for tomorrow and if you should be voted as our next MP then please "Grow Up"
anzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 22:55   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ashton View Post
I know Karen Buckley personally and can guarantee that she will make an excellent MP for Hyndburn. I cant say the same for Graham Jones who is running a very negative campaign. the only problem is that we'll have to put up with him for another 3 years at county hall if he is not elected as MP and one year was bad enough!

As for Karen's promises I am sure she will be able to work with and influence local government to secure the best outcomes for the local people.

Tim Ashton
First of all thank you for joining County Councillor Ashton (Lytham). There has been no negative campaigning from Karen or myself as far as I am aware. There has been a lot nationally from all parties including in Hyndburn attacking Gordon Brown in leaflets and on posters.

Being MP for Hyndburn is a huge responsibility. Fighting for things you cannot have influence over is misleading and wrong. I accept Karen will want to compete in Accrington South for votes as part of Hyndburn.

Tim, we never meet or speak politically. I am not on any committee's as such. I have raised 4 questions at County Hall and spoken twice politically in Full Council, neither directed at you. At a recent cabinet I agreed with you and complemented you. The only time I have spoken at Cabinet.

As chief Conservative campaign organiser for Lancashire I know you are one of the most competitive Conservatives in Lancashire.

The area I live is important to me because it is my home, my friends, my community. It is important that council colleagues and election candidates respect what is possible, and what others are doing. It is detrimental to be left with only unrealistic promises.

Rest assured, the community felt they were being offered a bonanza.

Last edited by Neil; 06-05-2010 at 08:37. Reason: edited link
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:11   #37
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzac View Post
People have only come out of the woodwork to answer what was a stupid (sorry political) thread in the first place.

If our labour candidate had not thought of a way to score political points in the days before the election and told silly stories about the opposition then this would not have happened

As per usual Mr Jones cannot come up with anything to endorse himself he just keeps on blaming others trying to score political points from wherever he can.
If you had joined this forum earlier then you would have seen that there are members on here (Jaysay, for example) who offer a Tory balance to arguments put forward by a large number of Labour posters, myself included.

Accyweb is well-known to the Hyndburn Conservative party and yet none of the councillors deign to dip their toe in the water and offer their own views. The opportunity has been there for seven years since AccyWeb was created, the only exception being Peter Britcliffe who came on and posted twice but pretended to be somebody else.

Graham has not waited until the last minute to attack Tory policies and tactics, he has been doing it for a very long time on here. He also has plenty to crow about in terms of what he has done for his community as a councillor.

Just pop along to the public gallery in the next full council meeting if you want to tell people to grow up as I think you will probably find the Conservatives are the worst of the lot.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:27   #38
Beacon of light

I suppose Tim will be another 'no-show' on here once the election is over.
This is a mis-use of the forum in my opinion. For what it is worth.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:27   #39
Common Sense Member

As welcome as the views of localad, Tim Ashton and Mohammed Younis are, you've had plenty of time to come on here and fly the blue banner.

The eve of the election is too little too late and it reflects rather badly on your party as a whole.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:30   #40
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well said, Margaret.

For me, it emphasises the point that our Conservative councillors are reluctant to engage with their electorate until election time when it matters to them.

To quote their own slogan, it's time for change.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:42   #41
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
let me see

Graham Jones - local guy whos worked hard for his constituants and helped out many people not even in his ward

OR

Karren Buckley - ERRR whos that again ?
I understand where your coming from but for me I usually vote for the person in local elections and the party in general elections.

I do like Graham and I am sure he would be a good hard working MP but I don't think I want Gordon Brown in the big chair after today.

We are not voting until Rhonda finished work so I have a few hours to decide yet where my X is going. I know who is getting my X locally its just the general that has me thinking.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:59   #42
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well said, Margaret.

For me, it emphasises the point that our Conservative councillors are reluctant to engage with their electorate until election time when it matters to them.

To quote their own slogan, it's time for change.
Give it a rest Ken.

The only reason you joined AccyWeb was because you knew you were standing in the Local Elections. I am sure Graham will have suggested/told you to join and become a friend to the people in plenty of time before the election.

Take a read of your own blog and tell me how many of those great things you talk about have been down to you personally or your party.
I hope you are not becoming a typical politician already, jumping on the bandwagon and trying to claim the glory for others hard work.

I am getting fed up of this forum being used as a tool to help peoples little political ambitions. I believe you are using this forum to promote yourself, would you like to prove me wrong?

Sat here reading all this drivel is like being back in the school play ground. We want Councillors and MP's who care about the job we vote them to do, not argue and try to undermine there opposition. It is counter productive.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:07   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Give it a rest Ken.

The only reason you joined AccyWeb was because you knew you were standing in the Local Elections. I am sure Graham will have suggested/told you to join and become a friend to the people in plenty of time before the election.

Take a read of your own blog and tell me how many of those great things you talk about have been down to you personally or your party.
I hope you are not becoming a typical politician already, jumping on the bandwagon and trying to claim the glory for others hard work.

I am getting fed up of this forum being used as a tool to help peoples little political ambitions. I believe you are using this forum to promote yourself, would you like to prove me wrong?

Sat here reading all this drivel is like being back in the school play ground. We want Councillors and MP's who care about the job we vote them to do, not argue and try to undermine there opposition. It is counter productive.
Great post Neil have some green
Old 06-05-2010, 13:08   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I do like Graham and I am sure he would be a good hard working MP but I don't think I want Gordon Brown in the big chair after today.
if labour win he wont be around much longer ,labour couldnt have an uprising just before an electon so i reakon the way polotics goes he will be replaced soon as leader of tehir party

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 13:18   #45
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if labour win he wont be around much longer ,labour couldnt have an uprising just before an electon so i reakon the way polotics goes he will be replaced soon as leader of tehir party
Not really the way for them to do it then.

Look at all the moaning about Gordon Brown being the un elected PM. If they change him ASAP it will be the same again.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..