Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2010, 19:16   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Conservative candidates promises anger residents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Give it a rest Ken.

The only reason you joined AccyWeb was because you knew you were standing in the Local Elections. I am sure Graham will have suggested/told you to join and become a friend to the people in plenty of time before the election.

Take a read of your own blog and tell me how many of those great things you talk about have been down to you personally or your party.
I hope you are not becoming a typical politician already, jumping on the bandwagon and trying to claim the glory for others hard work.

I am getting fed up of this forum being used as a tool to help peoples little political ambitions. I believe you are using this forum to promote yourself, would you like to prove me wrong?

Sat here reading all this drivel is like being back in the school play ground. We want Councillors and MP's who care about the job we vote them to do, not argue and try to undermine there opposition. It is counter productive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Great post Neil have some green
Well Jaysay, I did not particularly find Neil's post great at all.

One minute people are grumbling for candidates not coming on here to use it as a forum to promote their views and introduce themselves to the community; the next minute a moderator is grumbling because some one has !!

I have found Ken's posts most informative and intelligent. He has taken great care and time to intereact with our members in debates, disagreeing and agreeing in many ways but always coming back to answer any doubts we had, and feel his mind has been changed in some ways by those opposing views.

I will not be offended if he does not post again after tonight's results ... get the impression he will, as will Graham Jones. I, for one, hope the people of Rishton vote him in.

As a moderator, you should understand that this is all good stuff and what is keeping Accyweb alive and thriving..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-05-2010, 20:08   #62
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
As a moderator, you should understand that this is all good stuff and what is keeping Accyweb alive and thriving..

You missed the point.

He was moaning about some people coming on here for their own gain, as in the LCC County Councillor when the only reason he joined was to promote himself as a candidate for HBC.

Pot and kettle time if you ask me.
Old 06-05-2010, 20:11   #63
Common Sense Member

Thank you Kate, I have been quite busy today as you can imagine but have just come home to find a fairly negative post from one of our moderators along with a slap for breaking forum rules over linking my blog to my posts. The link admittedly has broken forum rules, for which I apologise and have amended it accordingly, but it hasn't exactly appeared overnight and there has been plenty of time to berate me for it.

Neil, thanks a bunch for saying all that. I stand by my view that AccyWeb is a superb forum but my view of you has taken something of a nosedive today.

Why wait till now to make your feelings known? Good timing, pal.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 20:13   #64
Common Sense Member

Quote:
You missed the point.

He was moaning about some people coming on here for their own gain, as in the LCC County Councillor when the only reason he joined was to promote himself as a candidate for HBC.

Pot and kettle time if you ask me.
If you've been studying my posts so closely you will find that an early post points out that hardly anyone on here is from Rishton so what would be the point of promoting myself?

I believe it was Katex who corrected me on that point actually.

Old 06-05-2010, 20:15   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:

I am getting fed up of this forum being used as a tool to help peoples little political ambitions.
You made this statement though did you not ?

Why not ? We all use this forum for our own needs in some way.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 20:15   #66
Beacon of light

I think the difference there might be that Ken will continue with his allegiance to Accyweb........and that will be because it is the forum which represents his locality.
I will be surprised if Tim Ashton graces us with his presence again......because he had a different agenda.......and accyweb is not representative of anything he is vaguely interested in. My opinion,(for what it is worth) is that he came on here just to promote one of his tory cohorts....and before I am accused of any partisan activity......I am affiliated to none of the political parties, and have no axe to grind for any one of them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 20:47   #67
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Give it a rest Ken.

The only reason you joined AccyWeb was because you knew you were standing in the Local Elections. I am sure Graham will have suggested/told you to join and become a friend to the people in plenty of time before the election.

Take a read of your own blog and tell me how many of those great things you talk about have been down to you personally or your party.
I hope you are not becoming a typical politician already, jumping on the bandwagon and trying to claim the glory for others hard work.

I am getting fed up of this forum being used as a tool to help peoples little political ambitions. I believe you are using this forum to promote yourself, would you like to prove me wrong?

Sat here reading all this drivel is like being back in the school play ground. We want Councillors and MP's who care about the job we vote them to do, not argue and try to undermine there opposition. It is counter productive.
To answer your post properly, Graham did not suggest I come on here, neither did any of the other Labour members in Hyndburn. I found it by searching for 'Accrington chatroom' on Google while looking for something to do one day. It was a pleasant surprise to find this forum.

The 'great things' on my blog are down to the work of myself and Cllr Grayson in Rishton giving a damn about our village and trying to do something about it. Anyone who has raised any money or started a project on their own is credited, if you care to read it properly.

I also understand that Accyweb was originally created in 2003 as a political debating ground, so what's changed in seven years to suddenly make me a target for venting spleen?

I care about my village and this will come through in my musings, but if you want me to leave the forum because you're under some delusion that it is furthering my political stance in Rishton then fire me off and have done with it.

Old 06-05-2010, 21:20   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
To answer your post properly, Graham did not suggest I come on here, neither did any of the other Labour members in Hyndburn. I found it by searching for 'Accrington chatroom' on Google while looking for something to do one day. It was a pleasant surprise to find this forum.

The 'great things' on my blog are down to the work of myself and Cllr Grayson in Rishton giving a damn about our village and trying to do something about it. Anyone who has raised any money or started a project on their own is credited, if you care to read it properly.

I also understand that Accyweb was originally created in 2003 as a political debating ground, so what's changed in seven years to suddenly make me a target for venting spleen?

I care about my village and this will come through in my musings, but if you want me to leave the forum because you're under some delusion that it is furthering my political stance in Rishton then fire me off and have done with it.
Have to agree that I have read your posts as being from a local politician who cares about his constituency ... oh, by the way, good luck from the Great White North.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 21:24   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Have to agree that I have read your posts as being from a local politician who cares about his constituency ... oh, by the way, good luck from the Great White North.
its fine wi me, think its good that local reps come along n contribute, pity ALL parties don't. IMHO.
Old 06-05-2010, 21:29   #70

I think Neil has been speaking without his moderators hat on. Well done Neil...

As of Graham & Ken, at least they have been around unlike some, and their posts have certainly raised questions and awareness of themselves, no matter how long they have been here.

Just remember moderator means bite your tongue
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 21:37   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myounis View Post
The topics you refer to did come up in conversation at a meeting of local Asian men that I arranged, but at no point did she make any false promises. .... County Councillor Mohammed Younis
What happened to the local Asian women, then? Don't they have a vote?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 21:45   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
its fine wi me, think its good that local reps come along n contribute, pity ALL parties don't. IMHO.
i heard a rumour and i repeat a rumour that the leader of the torys has forbidden any of his lot to come onto this site so that could be why none of them come on here unless of course in disguise.

when i say leader of the torys i dont mean cameron im refering to local councilors and their head cheif

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 21:49   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
What happened to the local Asian women, then? Don't they have a vote?
only if their husbands allow it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:49   #74
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Having now discovered who you are and the people you have worked with on community projects in Hyndburn, it does not surprise me that any posts of mine which may be perceived as anti-Conservative propoganda have riled you.

I did not decry the three new forum members as posting for their own gain and if you would care to glance back over the thread you will find that I welcome the views of Tory councillors to bring some balance to arguments. AccyWeb is no stranger to the Hyndburn council chambers so it would be nice to hear some views from the Conservative councillors without posting under secret names.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:11   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Having now discovered who you are and the people you have worked with on community projects in Hyndburn, it does not surprise me that any posts of mine which may be perceived as anti-Conservative propoganda have riled you.
Well, he's worked with me on a community project, so what exactly does that say?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..