Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2012, 17:16   #271
Senior Member+

Re: vaccine shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
No offence intended, Restless, not aimed at you, even though you name yourself 'tediously boring member'- only just noticed that,never thought it.
No worries Gordon. Didn't think it was. But I do think I have been boring the people that are physically around me lately. One track mind getting rid of this chest infection.
Old 27-10-2012, 18:00   #272
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
how does a vaccination that is lethal work ?
Yeh better ask one of our Yankee members mate, Their penal system used em fer years.
Old 27-10-2012, 18:14   #273
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
No worries Gordon. Didn't think it was. But I do think I have been boring the people that are physically around me lately. One track mind getting rid of this chest infection.
Don't worry about it, IF they are real fiends, er' sorry friends they will understand your concerns, must admit, I personally find it...

only joking.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 19:26   #274
Senior Member+

Being allergic to the penicillin-- The side effects of some of the various antibiotics I have had to take in the past have been daunting. Anal Leakage, Genital warts........ The ones I am on now say "don't lie down for a while otherwise you will get ulcerations in the stomach" I have become Victor Meldrew. Looking up medicines and boring my housemates with the details.
Old 27-10-2012, 19:29   #275
Beacon of light

Oh Rob....TMI
Hope you get better soon.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 17:55   #276

Had flue jab last week I am now in bed with temperature runny nose n headache....Makes you wonder eh?.
Marl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 17:57   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marl View Post
Had flue jab last week I am now in bed with temperature runny nose n headache....Makes you wonder eh?.
Don't worry it's only man flu', I have had the sniffles for the past two days I've yet to have my jab.
Old 28-10-2012, 17:57   #278
Beacon of light

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Old 28-10-2012, 17:59   #279
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Don't worry it's only man flu', I have had the sniffles for the past two days I've yet to have my jab.
yes but yours is from drinking cold beer out of damp glasses sat on a foreign pavement Less.
And you probably left your vest off for the sea crossing too.
Old 28-10-2012, 18:01   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
yes but yours is from drinking cold beer out of damp glasses sat on a foreign pavement Less.
And you probably left your vest off for the sea crossing too.
Never leave my vest off, if I did my nipples would show through my T-shirt, nothing worse than having women constantly after your body.
Old 28-10-2012, 18:04   #281
Beacon of light

ha-ha-ha........You wish Less!
Old 29-10-2012, 07:31   #282

Thank you Margaret.
Marl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 14:54   #283
I am Banned

Today while visiting a elderly relative there was a knock on the door,i said i'd answer it and opened the door to find 2 NHS nurses, i assumed they was visiting to change my relatives bandages and let them in,turns out they were there for the flu jab

They started by asking if my relative had been suffering any flu symptoms to which the answer was "no" then they got out there 'box of poison' to which i said "you might as well put that away he's not having a flu jab" to which they both looked at me like they just found me drowning puppys in a lodge "why is he not having one" one of the nurses said "because i don't trust them and he's low-ish risk as he does'nt get out much" "we've had ours the other said" to which i just laughed and after them trying there best to convience my relative the jab was for him and my relative saying he's ok and didn't want it they packed up and went to leave,On the way out i asked "whats your personal view on vaccines" to which the senior nurse turned and said " if it wasn't good for us they wouldn't give it us would they"

Just hope my relative stays flu free this 'flu season' and i've not made a bad call(time will tell)
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 15:10   #284
Beacon of light

I took Ma to the doctors today...she wasn't seeing the doctor, but the HCA, (to have her bloods done)......she got the flu jab at the same time. I don't want it, but would not influence ma in her decision to have it.
The HCA who did the bloods was sniffling and sneezing - obviously in the throes of a heavy cold........I hope neither of us get it from being cooped up in that little room with her.
Old 29-10-2012, 16:26   #285
Senior Member+

Just to update- we both had the jab late September. I have to say that within a few days we both started sniffling and blowing our noses. We still are. My wife says she won't have it next year, I can't decide. It may just be coincidence but I suppose if your body is going to develop antibodies there must be something to react to in the jab. A very mild case of flu?
Still, a bit of sniffing and blowing is better than getting the full flu
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..