Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2022, 10:16   #31
Full Member+

Re: In the national interest....

To be blunt, I agree with Odders. Johnson is a deceiving liar whose only interested in his own political survival. The argument that 'nobody else is fit to do the job' is irrelevant when the present leader is not fit. He will probably cling on until he is backed into a corner where he has to resign or his back bench will step in to replace him ( they, also are primarily concerned about their own political futures).
The link between Starmer and Saville has been discredited, by the way. In truth, the whole country was deceived and taken for fools by the odious Saville.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-02-2022, 12:26   #32
Beacon of light

Yes that may be so Less….and if it is then there is a good chance that there is lack of oxygen in different anatomical places.
If this is the situation then my thoughts are in line with yours Less.
Whatever gets him through……
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 12:40   #33
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
To be blunt, I agree with Odders. Johnson is a deceiving liar whose only interested in his own political survival. The argument that 'nobody else is fit to do the job' is irrelevant when the present leader is not fit. He will probably cling on until he is backed into a corner where he has to resign or his back bench will step in to replace him ( they, also are primarily concerned about their own political futures).
The link between Starmer and Saville has been discredited, by the way. In truth, the whole country was deceived and taken for fools by the odious Saville.
You say that the ‘no one seems to fit’ is irrelevant…but it is not.
Does it seem sensible to jump from the pan into the fire?

It is time a line was drawn under all this media hoo-haa-ing and the business of the country resumed…..we have an awful lot of things that need sorting.
A looming energy crisis, a financial situation that is going to impact on the everyday life of us all…..and it is not being addressed.

All politicians are in it for what they can get out of it…they are not in it for the good of our health.

As for Keir Starmer…he is an opportunistic jumper onto band wagons…..and if you asked the man in the street what he stood for….I would guess that not one would be able to tell you.
He is a very weak opposition leader….and certainly has nothing about him that picks him out as a leader.

As for the discredited links between the KS and JavaScript affair.
It cannot be denied that KS was the director of public prosecutions ….the most senior role in the CPS….in 2009.
JavaScript was subject to four complaints which stemmed from 2007-2008.
KS was interviewed under police caution in 2009 ( while KS was head of the Crown Prosecution Service) the decision was taken NOT to prosecute him.
I cannot believe for one moment that KS was not involved in this decision in any way.
As a result of this JavaScript was allowed to continue with his abuse and he went on to die a free man….and it was only after his death that the enormity of his offences came to light.
cashman and taddy like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 03-02-2022 at 12:44.
Old 03-02-2022, 12:52   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
WHO has it been discredited by? YOU?
Old 03-02-2022, 12:55   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The people who wish it was discredited are probably remoaners?
Old 03-02-2022, 13:08   #36
Beacon of light

In my post above where the words Javasript appear….that should say Jimmy Saville, but I could not bear to put his name in print so I put his initials and my device has changed it for what it thought I meant.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 03-02-2022, 13:14   #37
Beacon of light

Cashy, it has been mooted that KS did not deal with the case of the pop paedophile, but he was head of the CPS so it is very likely that he did know…..but may not appear on the documents.
In much the same way as the PM should have known what was going on in Downing Street…..and yet, all these partying people were working in the same bubble……it is just that the bubble was too big.

It strikes me that the moves to unseat BJ and replace him might have some sort of hidden agenda.
That someone will be installed in number 10 for a specific purpose…or is that too much of a conspiracy theory?
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 03-02-2022, 15:25   #38

Ok Less, point taken
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 15:27   #39

[QUOTE=Less;1263379]

I don't know, but if that is the case, if it helps him he can rant at me as much as he likes it's doing me no harm. I do hope it makes him feel a little better to have someone to shout at while going through whatever.

Only theory, I'm quite prepared to be shot down in flames.

Ok Less, point taken
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 15:49   #40
Full Member+

Cashman 'WHO has it been discredited by? YOU?'

Munira Mirza has, it would seem. She's (or was) one of Johnson's closest advisors who had previously been called a “nonsense detector”, has resigned over the PM's Savile jibe saying 'There was no fair or reasonable basis for that assertion. This was not the usual cut and thrust of politics ;it an was inappropriate and partisan reference to a horrendous case of child sex abuse”.
And Yes I said it has been discredited. So who's going to stop me having my own opinions ? YOU?

Cashman 'The people who wish it was discredited are probably remoaners?'

Well, that just makes you look foolish.
Old 03-02-2022, 16:01   #41
Beacon of light

Because this close aide has quit only means that she does not agree with what BJ has done….and the way it was done.
She is entitled to do that if she so wishes.

There may not be documentary evidence, but it maybe someone has spilled the beans on what went on when KS was DPP…..we know that there is very little loyalty in these political circles.
Old 03-02-2022, 16:06   #42
Full Member+

Smile Re: In the national interest....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You say that the ‘no one seems to fit’ is irrelevant…but it is not.
Does it seem sensible to jump from the pan into the fire?

It is time a line was drawn under all this media hoo-haa-ing and the business of the country resumed…..we have an awful lot of things that need sorting.
A looming energy crisis, a financial situation that is going to impact on the everyday life of us all…..and it is not being addressed.

All politicians are in it for what they can get out of it…they are not in it for the good of our health.

As for Keir Starmer…he is an opportunistic jumper onto band wagons…..and if you asked the man in the street what he stood for….I would guess that not one would be able to tell you.
He is a very weak opposition leader….and certainly has nothing about him that picks him out as a leader.

As for the discredited links between the KS and JavaScript affair.
It cannot be denied that KS was the director of public prosecutions ….the most senior role in the CPS….in 2009.
JavaScript was subject to four complaints which stemmed from 2007-2008.
KS was interviewed under police caution in 2009 ( while KS was head of the Crown Prosecution Service) the decision was taken NOT to prosecute him.
I cannot believe for one moment that KS was not involved in this decision in any way.
As a result of this JavaScript was allowed to continue with his abuse and he went on to die a free man….and it was only after his death that the enormity of his offences came to light.

Why is it a given that we would be jumping into the fire?
Sunak , Truss or even Hunt. One of these or somebody lesser known might prove a resounding success.
Keir Starmer will not get a chance anyway until the next election but to describe him as a band wagon jumper when you compare him with Johnson is laughable (ask Teresa May).
If Johnson digs in and survives he will simply take it on board with a swagger. He'll be encouraged that he can get away with anything because of his majority, will consider the opposition too weak and will think his back benchers will back him no matter what. Johnson can't change his personality and sooner or later he will crash again.
In fact, when he went to Kiev this week , I half expected us to be at war with China the following day.

Last edited by Reamer; 03-02-2022 at 16:11.
Old 03-02-2022, 16:13   #43
Beacon of light

Nope, sorry none of those that you mention have the qualities of a leader…but of course this is just my opinion.
You say the MIGHT be a resounding success…..might is not good enough and neither are they.

I think any of those would definitely be a hot coal situation.
Not only that, this is not the time to be catapulting one of these into the current situation.
But I have to say I do admire your optimism in your choices.
Old 03-02-2022, 16:16   #44
Full Member+

oh I didn't say I was optimistic or that they would be my choices. They're the ones the real power in government has. The back benchers
Old 03-02-2022, 16:26   #45
Beacon of light

Sorry, I thought that you suggesting these meant that you felt they would be suitable….as for the backbenchers…they are backbenchers for a reason….they have little or no track records to qualify them for the role….and we have nothing much other than perhaps a speech or two to judge them by.

I wonder if people ever watch the daily doings in Parliament…it is most enlightening eye opening.
I sometimes wonder how some of those representing us managed to get into the PoW….yes they were elected…I,know, but how?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..