Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2011, 22:12   #166

Re: What was it called?

I remember Dinnifords Gripe Water, I quite liked it, but hated the other stuff I was fed; Liquid Paraffin.
Old 21-07-2011, 09:56   #167
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Me old mate when he was in his prime, could line up 12 hapennies on his wingwang.
Retlaw.
A new word added to my vocabulary .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 09:59   #168
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
A new word added to my vocabulary .
You've led a sheltered life JCB
Old 21-07-2011, 10:21   #169
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You've led a sheltered life JCB
Yes I've just learned two things , Jaysay . Sarkozy is a prince , and I have a wingwang . A bit late in the day though .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 10:44   #170
Beacon of light

Quote:
Me old mate when he was in his prime, could line up 12 hapennies on his wingwang.
Retlaw.
Hmmmmm! I would have to see that to believe it.....being a nurse meant that I was privileged(I'm not sure that is quite the right word) to see a lot of wing wangs as retlaw puts it..........most of them would be hard pressed to accomodate 5 ha'pennies.....and the vast majority fell into the category of 'needs a pin to get it out'.

Anyway, I was always told that 'it isn't the size of the cannon, but the power of the shot' that matters.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 18:03   #171
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
Yes I've just learned two things , Jaysay . Sarkozy is a prince , and I have a wingwang . A bit late in the day though .
Just a small tip JCB don't believe Bee, you'll end up as daft as he is
Old 21-07-2011, 18:50   #172
I am Banned

[quote=Margaret Pilkington;920460]Hmmmmm! I would have to see that to believe it.....being a nurse meant that I was privileged(I'm not sure that is quite the right word) to see a lot of wing wangs as retlaw puts it..........most of them would be hard pressed to accomodate 5 ha'pennies.....and the vast majority fell into the category of 'needs a pin to get it out'. Button hooks are better for some.
Believe me Margaret he is a one off, hung like a horse, unlike this patient of yours.
Retlaw.
Nurses aren't supposed to laugh...

"Of course I won't laugh," said the nurse. "I'm a professional. In over twenty years I've never laughed at a patient."

"Okay then," said Fred, and he proceeded to drop his trousers, revealing the smallest male part the nurse had ever seen.

It's length and width was almost identical to a AAA battery.

Unable to control herself, the nurse tried to stop a giggle, but it just came out. And then she started laughing at the fact that she was laughing.

Feeling very badly that she had laughed at the man's part, she composed herself as well as she could.

"I am so sorry," she said. "I don't know what came over me. On my honor as a nurse and a lady, I promise that won't happen again. Now, tell me, what seems to be the problem?"

"It's swollen," Fred replied.

Last edited by Retlaw; 21-07-2011 at 18:56. Reason: Add
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 09:02   #173
Resting in Peace

[quote=Retlaw;920543]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Hmmmmm! I would have to see that to believe it.....being a nurse meant that I was privileged(I'm not sure that is quite the right word) to see a lot of wing wangs as retlaw puts it..........most of them would be hard pressed to accomodate 5 ha'pennies.....and the vast majority fell into the category of 'needs a pin to get it out'. Button hooks are better for some.
Believe me Margaret he is a one off, hung like a horse, unlike this patient of yours.
Retlaw.
Nurses aren't supposed to laugh...

"Of course I won't laugh," said the nurse. "I'm a professional. In over twenty years I've never laughed at a patient."

"Okay then," said Fred, and he proceeded to drop his trousers, revealing the smallest male part the nurse had ever seen.

It's length and width was almost identical to a AAA battery.

Unable to control herself, the nurse tried to stop a giggle, but it just came out. And then she started laughing at the fact that she was laughing.

Feeling very badly that she had laughed at the man's part, she composed herself as well as she could.

"I am so sorry," she said. "I don't know what came over me. On my honor as a nurse and a lady, I promise that won't happen again. Now, tell me, what seems to be the problem?"

"It's swollen," Fred replied.
Ya daft sod
Old 22-07-2011, 11:15   #174
I am Banned

[quote=jaysay;920602]
Quote:
Ya daft sod
Bet you laughed, and then thought of yourself naked, and looking in a mirror.
Retlaw.
Old 22-07-2011, 17:55   #175
Resting in Peace

[quote=Retlaw;920615]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Bet you laughed, and then thought of yourself naked, and looking in a mirror.
Retlaw.
Na Walter when I do that I cry
Old 22-07-2011, 19:12   #176
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Quote:
Retlaw.
Did he go in Rawtenstall Crown and have the initials B. F,
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 19:18   #177
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITZY View Post
Did he go in Rawtenstall Crown and have the initials B. F,
No, but his nickname at one time was D D.
Retlaw.
Old 22-07-2011, 19:25   #178
God Member

What are the dimensions of German currency? - maybe we should get Donkey Dave to let us know.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 19:30   #179
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
What are the dimensions of German currency? - maybe we should get Donkey Dave to let us know.
Germany (the not so secret rulers of Europe) tend to use the Euro, now are we talking notes or coins here ?
Old 22-07-2011, 21:02   #180
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Now Margaret you should know we are talking about 1/2 pennies, the old ones, pre 1970's & my mate was nicknamed Donkey D, not Donkey Dave.
Retlaw

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..