Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2011, 21:00   #106
God Member

Re: Making sculptures to go on the Coppice

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
I think Mobertol was trying to defuse the situation slightly using a bit of humour.
It's hard to be misunderstood Steve!

Less just doesn't want to "play ball" this evening for some reason...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-11-2011, 21:01   #107
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
As long as you believe in what you're doing, and can justify it, then what others may say won't be 'hard' to take.
As Albert Einstein said, "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."

Lots of people say things on here they would not say to your face, after all its only a forum, you don't have to respond to people comments about you, you can just ignore them and carry on.
Old 30-11-2011, 21:03   #108
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
As Albert Einstein said, "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."

Lots of people say things on here they would not say to your face, after all its only a forum, you don't have to respond to people comments about you, you can just ignore them and carry on.
Said like a super moderator Neil...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 21:11   #109
Give, give, give member

Blimey, just read the whole thread now.

I don't think Wincey Whittler would have made it through the first interview at Liverpool art school.

Work there came under much harsher critical gaze, than anything Less can throw at it.

Enjoy the remaining time, inside the cosseted walls of academia.

Soon be time to let the professional critics pass judgement on your work.

If you're good enough, to be a professional artist.

You might need help with the customer relations side of things.

Every viewer's a potential patron.

Every wail - a sale.

Last edited by garinda; 30-11-2011 at 21:14.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 21:40   #110
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Slong as yeh don't include me in yer "Lots".
Old 30-11-2011, 21:46   #111
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Slong as yeh don't include me in yer "Lots".
Me too.

I can't think of much I've posted, I wouldn't say to someone face to face.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 21:56   #112
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

In all honesty though i like em,reckon Less has a point, sonnart aint come on here to join in or else she would have posted elsewhere, so if its to promote oneself or not, it sure looks like it.
Old 30-11-2011, 21:57   #113
Member.

Why? I can't really see how this is going to work old cock. I don't dislike the idea of using the coppice for a backdrop for art; but these images don't do it for me. If you want to do something like this I'd like to see something that reflects the history of the area or at leased something that reflects what we where, are or aspire to be.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 22:18   #114
Senior Member+

if you come on here and ask for opinion, you will get it, you may not like it but you have got what you asked for. As I suggested when you thought about instaling sculptures and then setting fire to them that you had moved into the barm pot section.

But remember this, you have to get permission from the landowner before instalation, which is hyndburn council and lancashire county council. They will require more details than you have given here, and it will have to go to some committee. So look on this forum as training for the battle that is yet to come.
are you ready yet grasshopper to leave the monastry
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:30   #115
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Me too.

Not only that, but I'd also say it to both of a certain moderators faces.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:47   #116
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Me too.

Ya put me on that list too
Old 01-12-2011, 08:49   #117
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Why? I can't really see how this is going to work old cock. I don't dislike the idea of using the coppice for a backdrop for art; but these images don't do it for me. If you want to do something like this I'd like to see something that reflects the history of the area or at leased something that reflects what we where, are or aspire to be.
To be honest Doug is the coppice a serious backdrop for art, if it is thank god I won't be able to see it
Old 01-12-2011, 08:51   #118
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Not only that, but I'd also say it to both of a certain moderators faces.
Less at his very very best
Old 01-12-2011, 10:11   #119
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
To be honest Doug is the coppice a serious backdrop for art, if it is thank god I won't be able to see it
That is exactly right, the Coppice is a worthy piece of Accrington and until someone can come up with something absolutely mind bogglingly good that it would attract not only worldwide interest, but would also have local folk like you screaming to be carried to see such great works, then it shouldn't be cheapened with such makeshift run of the mill ideas as have been put forward over the last few years.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:24   #120
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I can has part of an Heritage Park. Visualise a number of life size Bronze Sculptures telling the history of Accrington and her cluster of townships. I can Visualise small clearings within the trees (preferably native ones) at key points with full access; within these clearings and on the top of the coppice you would have memorial sculptures to key events; Bronze Statues of a group of miners looking out and pointing toward Moorcroft. Overlooking Peel Park a cluster Bronze Statues of Accrington Stanley Players striking out towards Goal. Looking out towards the old Drill Hall a group of Pals before the tragedy looking proud and full of vigour, (it was all suppose to be over before Christmas) On the Top of the coppice over looking the town a Replica of the Pals Memorial in Sheffield Memorial Park. And on, Cotton, Chemicals, Dark Mills, Water, we have it all. The story of Hyndburn fixed within the Landscape Known to all of us.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coppice, local, memories, photos, sculpture

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..