Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 09:59   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Making sculptures to go on the Coppice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Why don't you start with Accy's famous folk? Jeanettte Winterson, Jon Andersen and others...? Then a few of the characters from Accy web....plenty of scope!
What on the Coppice
Old 07-11-2011, 12:44   #47

I can't seem to upload another image of it :@ I've got a close up of it but when it's going through the processing stage a page comes up saying I don't have enough space, even though I have deleted the other image :S

It's gone now apparently my parents went for a walk up there yesterday and said it's gone. Shame but I can make another I suppose.

Sonnart
Sonnart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:59   #48
Resting In Peace

Sonnart, I have been having similar uploading problems all weekend. Have asked for help. See new thread under Feedback, suggestions and help.

Sue
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 14:34   #49

got it

Although I do have to say it is looking a bit shabby compared to my new studio work pieces.....

Comments welcome.

This is the shilouette of my grandmad and grandad taken from a 40year old photograph The start of my project.

Sonnart

Last edited by Neil; 09-11-2011 at 10:25. Reason: add image to post
Old 07-11-2011, 14:54   #50
God Member

Really good - how big is it though, life size?

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 15:03   #51
Resting In Peace

mobertol, the photo caption says mini sculpture and it's not much taller than some of the grass, so... not lifesize? though she says they will get bigger.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 15:10   #52
God Member

They will have to be much bigger to have any sense in such a large area as the Coppice - I do like the idea though..

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 16:00   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Gotta say i like that.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:43   #54
I am Banned

Groove thinks an appropiate sculpture or somethinkg of the like would be a welcome addition to the coppice and maybe become a kind of landmark. Haslingdens halo and Burnleys ring singing tree delighted my children when we went to have a nosey.
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 20:42   #55
Senior Member+

I like the idea of art on the coppice, on the downside only people who have the health and stamina to walk to the top will see them. So it wouldn't bring art to the masses.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:19   #56
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I like the idea of art on the coppice, on the downside only people who have the health and stamina to walk to the top will see them. So it wouldn't bring art to the masses.
Ya Dave that certainly cuts me and cashy out
Old 12-11-2011, 09:42   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya Dave that certainly cuts me and cashy out
unless you can handle a jet pack or hover boots you will have to rely on photos. there is always horseback, but not sure if hyndburn homes will let you keep it in the airing cupboard
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:03   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
unless you can handle a jet pack or hover boots you will have to rely on photos. there is always horseback, but not sure if hyndburn homes will let you keep it in the airing cupboard
Um, mind you its started me thinking if I had an horse I could make a fortune selling manure
Old 12-11-2011, 10:08   #59
Senior Member+

There's a mega mountain of manure blocking the unofficial footpath at Spire Farm
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 10:09   #60

This is my newest sculpture. I like this better then the older one, It is neater and I like using whole chunk of log rather than slicing them into planks. Although I do not like the top two pieces, but that can be sorted easily when I make the next one.

What you think?? There are also some photo of the progress of making it and some sideshots.

Hope you like

Sonnart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (43.1 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Neil; 30-11-2011 at 20:56.

Tags
coppice, local, memories, photos, sculpture

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..