Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2007, 18:01   #256
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Councillors in Hyndburn - Are they fit for purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
journalists for instance.
A journalist that keeps his gob shut, come pull the other
Old 30-03-2007, 18:07   #257
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
A journalist that keeps his gob shut, come pull the other
Yeah, good point.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 18:42   #258
Full Member+

I`ve enjoyed this thread, all the twists and turns, shame it`ll finish tomorrow at 7:00pm. He is the Master is`nt he??
Old 30-03-2007, 18:43   #259
God Member

why will it finish tomorrow?
Old 30-03-2007, 18:44   #260
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
because tomorrow is teh end of teh world but i aint saying whos responsible
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 18:45   #261
God Member

Crikey if this does carry on then I think it will have a good chance at beating the post count on the word game

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 18:46   #262
God Member

oooo i'd better get some sexy time in then if its the end of the world
Old 30-03-2007, 18:59   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Well I don't know anything about Cllr Siddique but I do know that Cllr Rahman has been an excellent Mayor for Hyndburn. He is possibly one of the hardest working men I've ever met and he is also one of the nicest. He fulfills all his official duties with a wonderful smile on his face and his wife is elegant and gracious.

A Mayor can be an excellent asset to an area if they are a good Mayor. They can be ambassadors for the area both inside the area and outside it. If the Mayor attends a function it gives it a certain level of gravitas and support.

PS - if you invite the Mayor to attend your event the press usually comes along and takes a picture so you get extra publicity for your events.
I agree with this posting wholeheartedly. As well as his official duties he has helped to raise a lot of money for charity, through the Mayoral Charity Fund. This year the Mayoral Charity's main beneficiaries are MacMillan Cancer Relief, East Lancashire Hospice and Hyndburn Homewise. Which are all charities who help people in Hyndurn.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 19:16   #264
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/
Old 30-03-2007, 19:35   #265
Beacon of light

Gondola IS male according to his profile......unless of course anyone out there knows anything different.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 19:42   #266
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post

I also need to thank uncle Less for making me laugh....

Gosh I only went out to get p*ssed, (sorry mods didn't mean to say ****ed).

I come back and there are lots and lots more posts in this thread.

However there is only one really worth answering and that is above:-

Thank you Lettie by calling me Uncle you have ruined a fantasy I've had about you for ages, from now on my thoughts will have to be cleaner than clean, see how you can ruin an old mans dreams with just one sentence? (P.S. I like the moustache If I could grow one I would).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 20:27   #267
Resting in peace

I personaly do not care who 'gondola' is those opinions will stay with me, I have asked this thread more than once, are any heads, or should any heads, roll for the monumental blunder made by the taxi licensing committee, thus far I have not had a sensible answer to the question. Any fool can sit on the sidelines and play the 'Japaneese' sniper, and be applauded by their followers, this is not as some say a boring thread as some members think, to yours truly it is an important issue that needs sensible discussion, anyone who makes light of it should open a thread in 'Anything Goes' and take their infantile opinions to the same.

Last edited by Ianto.W.; 30-03-2007 at 20:31.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 20:31   #268
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
I personaly do not care who 'gondola' is those opinions will stay with me, I have asked this thread more than once, are any heads, or should any heads, roll for the monumental blunder made by the taxi licensing committee, thus far I have not had a sensible answer to the question. Any fool can sit on the sidelines and play the 'Japaneese' sniper, and be applauded by their followers, this is not as some say a boring thread as some members think, to yours truly it is an important issue that needs sensible discussion, anyone who makes light of it should open a thread in 'Anything Goes' and take their infantile opinions to the same.
Well as this isnt that thread maybe you should wait for a sensible answer on the thread concerned http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=29286
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 20:46   #269
I am Banned

Ianto,

Indeed. There are many on here who suggest to me that if they had information from me they would progress the matter forward and the rest. However, what have they done in a matter in which the information is in the public domain? Very little.

Have they put pressure on Britcliffe to make the enquiry more transparent and balanced? Have they written to the Leader of the Council suggesting the same?

It is easy to criticise others, and claim that there is insufficient information to act. I have already made my view clear that Mr Dad ought not to be on the Community and Wellbeing Committee if his recent stance is a reflection of his view of community safety.

So come on fence sitters, let's have some action. No point requesting more information if you don't have the tenacity to act on that which is already available.
gondola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 20:46   #270
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Well as this isnt that thread maybe you should wait for a sensible answer on the thread concerned http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=29286
Now I have been waiting for that answer accymel, it was stated on that above thread I quote," This thread is about are you safe in his taxi not about politics" hence the current thread. I do not intend to waste valuable time stating the exact post number, That is why this political thread was raised, without wanting to appear offenceive, do not try to baffle me with science.

Last edited by Ianto.W.; 30-03-2007 at 20:49.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..