Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2010, 08:59   #31
God Member

Re: Frogs ban Burka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Polish tax credits?... and so now it's got down to basic costs?.. the Polish defended this Nation.. and that is at the least we should do.. like I say forget.
and like i said the polish and other countries that were on our side didnt join the battle out of sheer generosity and sleflessness they joined in because they had a self interest in hitler not winning the war.Besides that how many gereations do you think should pass before we have shown enough grattitude because the ones coming over here wernt the ones fighting in ww2 and i dont see that we owe them a damn thing

if a 100 year old polish ex military person who fought in ww2 wants to come here then fair enough but i dont think we owe any debt to people whos grand parents may or may not have fought in ww2

and another thing we have plenty of elderly of our own who actualy fought in ww2 who have been neglected by government who we truely do owe a debt of gratitude to yet they get treated like second class citizens while free loaders pour into teh country.

poland shoudl never have been allowed to enter the EU they simply didnt have anything to bring to the table apart from cheap labour and thats how teh whole mess of imigration started in teh first place

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 15-07-2010 at 09:08.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2010, 09:08   #32
Resting in Peace

Re: Frogs ban Burqa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Not at all Mancie, just think people are getting fed up of this country being used. If you can't see that then maybe its about time you took off your rose tinted glasses. Why is it other countries can ignore the dictate of the EU but our folks just roll over? We can't just carry on letting people come here willy nilly, like other countries we should stipulate that if they can't support theirselves they can't come in. Is it likely to happen?? I think not but meanwhile our resources are being eaten into all the time, our health service is being abused as is our education system besides other FREE benefits. Immigration needs to be capped pronto!!!!
To be quite honest Bernie I've stopped read any left wing drivel Mancie puts forward, its the same old, same old, and your quite right other countries aren't as generous as we are, does anybody really thick that if the boot was on the other foot, and we went to another country, would we be able to claim benefits to the extent people do here, the answer is no chance, that's why these so called asylum seekers travel though 4, 5, maybe 6 countries to come here because we've become soft touch
Old 15-07-2010, 09:23   #33
God Member

come on jaysay of course mancies gona support teh polish they make the best vodka lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 15-07-2010, 09:50   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
come on jaysay of course mancies gona support teh polish they make the best vodka lol
Of course never gave that a thought accyman
Old 15-07-2010, 10:57   #35

Clamp down on asylum seekers - who are here legitimately until proven otherwise - and you increase illegal immigration, which is a damn sight harder to spot.

The rules on asylum seekers are strange to say the least. You have to go to the nearest safe country, but if I were under threat and found lots of people that I didn't know from my old country I wouldn't consider it safe. I mind me of a guy who came here from Bulgaria and thought he was safe, over 1000 miles away, until someone gave him an umbrella the hard way.
Hiddlebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 12:05   #36
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddlebit View Post
Clamp down on asylum seekers - who are here legitimately until proven otherwise - and you increase illegal immigration, which is a damn sight harder to spot.

The rules on asylum seekers are strange to say the least. You have to go to the nearest safe country, but if I were under threat and found lots of people that I didn't know from my old country I wouldn't consider it safe. I mind me of a guy who came here from Bulgaria and thought he was safe, over 1000 miles away, until someone gave him an umbrella the hard way.
it wouldn't be harder to spot if we had decent Border Security...but our borders have been porous for so long now that it would be difficult to locate those who are here illegally.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 12:08   #37
Beacon of light

On a personal note, I find the Burka divisive....it tells me that the woman wearing it does not wish to integrate into the country that she and her family have chosen to adopt.
It isn't a religious requirement, it is a cultural thing and I would be very happy if we went down the same road as France and banned it in public places.
Old 15-07-2010, 12:44   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
On a personal note, I find the Burka divisive....it tells me that the woman wearing it does not wish to integrate into the country that she and her family have chosen to adopt.
It isn't a religious requirement, it is a cultural thing and I would be very happy if we went down the same road as France and banned it in public places.
similar sentiments wherever you read about this

Quote:

The burka is NOT a sign of religeous faith.
It is a political statement of rejection of western civilisation.
A blatant act of political defiance.
we are in 2010 not the stone age, some cultures have moved on from teh dark ages where women were mere comodities and beaten into conforming

Last edited by accyman; 15-07-2010 at 12:47.
Old 15-07-2010, 17:48   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
similar sentiments wherever you read about this

we are in 2010 not the stone age, some cultures have moved on from teh dark ages where women were mere comodities and beaten into conforming
The thing is accyman the Burka is being worn now by more women than ten years ago, why!!!!!
Old 15-07-2010, 17:56   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The thing is accyman the Burka is being worn now by more women than ten years ago, why!!!!!
thats obvious, as women get older, they get uglier.
Old 15-07-2010, 18:01   #41
Beacon of light

No, it isn't that, there are more muslim women in the country than 10 years ago...so you are bound to see more of them in the Burka, also I think the publicity surrounding the issues has made some of these women adopt it as a cultural identity......and a badge that says they do not wish to integrate.
Old 15-07-2010, 18:08   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Aye, but what is the ethnic mix in Canada ? Who are the peoples/nationalities that make up the numbers over there ? Also their attitude to their adopted Country ?
I suppose it is possible to get the breakdown of the ethnic mix, but it's not really all that productive or important. Then there are regional differences: in Quebec, for example, there is a large community of Haitians because of the language thing. In Kingston, there are thriving communities of Portuguese, Italians, Koreans, and Chinese. I read in the local rag a few weeks ago, that by 2020 two out of three people in the GTA will be "visible minorities".

The last question is difficult, and hard to quantify ... but, I would say that the attitude of immigrants is largely positive. They seem to be glad, and thankful that they are Canadians. And they seem to have a positive impact on our culture.

It does seem as if it is more difficult to get into Canada than it is to get into Britain and take advantage of the system.

And then there are people like me who just came for the beer
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2010, 18:34   #43
Resting in Peace

Re: Frogs ban Burqa

Quote:
No, it isn't that, there are more muslim women in the country than 10 years ago...so you are bound to see more of them in the Burka, also I think the publicity surrounding the issues has made some of these women adopt it as a cultural identity......and a badge that says they do not wish to integrate.
I don't think its so much that Margaret, one report I heard last week said that Muslim women, who have lived here for many years have now decided to wear the burka, god on knows why, or should that be Allah
Old 15-07-2010, 19:21   #44
Beacon of light

John, I have addressed that point, it is to promote their cultural identity...(it has nothing whatsoever to do with their religion), and it is to segregate themselves from the western way of life.
Old 16-07-2010, 09:41   #45
Resting in Peace

Quote:
John, I have addressed that point, it is to promote their cultural identity...(it has nothing whatsoever to do with their religion), and it is to segregate themselves from the western way of life.
In that case there's plenty of room from whence they came, the old say when in Rome springs to mind

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..