Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2010, 19:22   #91
Resting in Peace

Re: Frogs ban Burka

Whilst I do not agree that we should ban the burka in all Public places (even though they scare the pooh out of me) ... I do feel for Phillip Hollobone M.P., that he has the right to know who he is addressing. Even if we only class it as good manners:

Burka-ban MP faces court threat from human rights group | Mail Online
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-07-2010, 20:28   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Whilst I do not agree that we should ban the burka in all Public places (even though they scare the pooh out of me) ... I do feel for Phillip Hollobone M.P., that he has the right to know who he is addressing. Even if we only class it as good manners:

Burka-ban MP faces court threat from human rights group | Mail Online
Is the fact it scares ya, n probably scares others even more, not a valid reason to ban it.?
Old 25-07-2010, 21:07   #93
Senior Member+

I'd support a Ban. Quite frankly i find them offensive in this Country, and there's no way i would even attempt to communicate with anyone wearing one!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 21:20   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I'd support a Ban. Quite frankly i find them offensive in this Country, and there's no way i would even attempt to communicate with anyone wearing one!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Its funny Taggy, how very few in Egypt, or casablanca, as boeing guy will concur, wear them, yet oer here theres loads, that sends a signal to me, these folk have NO WISH at all to integrate. but i find it even more offensive that some pander to these people. when i have visited some of these countries, i expect to abide by their customs.
Old 26-07-2010, 08:22   #95
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Its funny Taggy, how very few in Egypt, or casablanca, as boeing guy will concur, wear them, yet oer here theres loads, that sends a signal to me, these folk have NO WISH at all to integrate. but i find it even more offensive that some pander to these people. when i have visited some of these countries, i expect to abide by their customs.
Thing is Cashy we are Governed by lily livered politicians, who have encouraged and rewarded the pc based culture we see now. They have taken the Great out of Great Britain, and decided that we should allow, and even celebrate anything and everything that is "Culturally Diverse" as if by doing so it makes us bigger and better people!!......They then choose not to see the blindingly obvious, when such accomodating behaviour encourages those who would exploit, and see this for what it is...weakness, and thence use our own rules and regulations to insist upon "Their" rights to choose to do whatever they want...whether this is acceptable to those that welcome them or not!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 26-07-2010, 08:50   #96
Resting in Peace

It's even worse when they ride their push-bikes on the pavement at night with no lights on.

OK Start the car.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 09:04   #97
Resting in Peace

Re: Frogs ban Burqa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Even senior Muslims say they should be banned as there is nothing in the Koran which says these garments are any part of Islam, end of
Old 26-07-2010, 10:44   #98
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
It's even worse when they ride their push-bikes on the pavement at night with no lights on.

OK Start the car.

This post has not gone unnoticed ....
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 16:38   #99
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
This post has not gone unnoticed ....
Oh dear,That was my first attempt at unification..Just trying to calm the troubled seas (pavements) in my own little way.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 17:39   #100
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Oh dear,That was my first attempt at unification..Just trying to calm the troubled seas (pavements) in my own little way.
We have noticed you have a way with words Beni
Old 26-07-2010, 19:00   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Even senior Muslims say they should be banned as there is nothing in the Koran which says these garments are any part of Islam, end of
And there is nothing in the Bible about celibacy of the priesthood ... but don't hold your breath
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 10:22   #102
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And there is nothing in the Bible about celibacy of the priesthood ... but don't hold your breath
Well that's another story Eric but as a RC I think its time that priest should be allowed to marry, or there will be no priest in the future. Last year there were only three priests ordained in the Salford diocese, at one time there would be as many as 20 every year
Old 29-07-2010, 19:47   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post

Best Regards - Taggy
Not only offensive; they are great for hiding explosives
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 09:14   #104
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Not only offensive; they are great for hiding explosives

LOL!! And so true too!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 30-07-2010, 12:40   #105
Senior Member+

Just as a side issue, i've just been taking my washing off the line, and heard a wailing noise coming from the Town Centre/Blackburn Road area, i've heard it a couple of times lately, but hadn't noticed it previously. I'm assuming its from a Mosque calling people to Worship, it must seem rather loud if you live near that way, because i'm on Avenue Parade!

Best Regards - Taggy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..