Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2010, 10:04   #121
Resting in Peace

Re: Frogs ban Burka

Burnley College 'bans visitors from wearing veil' (From Lancashire Telegraph)

The ban comes closer to home
Old 26-09-2010, 07:14   #122

I wonder how many people would be willing to wear the burqa if they knew it's origin?

It was used by prostitutes to hide their identity. Hence a reference in the Old Testament to the guy who didn't recognise his daughter plying her trade by the roadside...
Hiddlebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:57   #123
God Member

Day 1 of the formal ban and Les Flics are already making arrests. No doubt in a few months time the European Court will rule the French action unlawful and no doubt the French government will completely ignore the ruling.

Meanwhile, I'm seriously thinking of joining the French Foreign Legion in order to get French citizenship. Does anyone know the upper age limit?

Beau Geste here we come.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:02   #124
Resting in Peace

Re: Frogs ban Burqa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Day 1 of the formal ban and Les Flics are already making arrests. No doubt in a few months time the European Court will rule the French action unlawful and no doubt the French government will completely ignore the ruling.

Meanwhile, I'm seriously thinking of joining the French Foreign Legion in order to get French citizenship. Does anyone know the upper age limit?

Beau Geste here we come.
Does that mean you'll have to stick of garlic too Tealeaf
Old 11-04-2011, 10:23   #125
Senior Member+

Re: Frogs ban Burqa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Does that mean you'll have to stick of garlic too Tealeaf

Does Garlic come in stick's now John?!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:19   #126
mez
God Member

oh tea youv'e just missed it your just over the 40yrs age limit to join the foreign legion
Old 11-04-2011, 14:44   #127
Senior Member+

Anybody caught forcing women to wear them they are going to get fined 30 thousand euro's and upto 2 years in prison... wow thats a hefty fine!!

Muslim girl at work told me that muslim women are not actually forced or required to wear them, or at least not supposed to, to her knoledge

I don't know how people can find them offensive. I do find them a bit weird though.
Old 11-04-2011, 14:55   #128
Beacon of light

this item of clothing is not in itself offensive, but it does stop these women who wear them from integrating or even interacting in the most basic way........we (the human race) recognise each other by facial features.
The wearing of this clothing is an indication that the woman wearing it does not want to be part of western society.......it is also used as a badge of devoutness......now forgive me, but I think that is immodest, almost arrogant......'I am holier than you' sort of thing.
Also, it is a great security risk.........anyone could be under one of those tent-like garments.....and could resist the possibility of being searched because the garb signifies a woman.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 17:05   #129
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
good

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 17:37   #130
Full Member+

They should certainly be banned from wearing them whilst driving. Saw one burkha-clad female driving along Burnley Road last week veering from side to side whilst texting on her mobile phone, and she had kids in the car with her.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 18:42   #131
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Anybody caught forcing women to wear them they are going to get fined 30 thousand euro's and upto 2 years in prison... wow thats a hefty fine!!

Muslim girl at work told me that muslim women are not actually forced or required to wear them, or at least not supposed to, to her knoledge

I don't know how people can find them offensive. I do find them a bit weird though.
Let's face It we all have to have rules and now after all these years France have got one.Don't knock It out of hand.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 18:45   #132
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Let's face It we all have to have rules and now after all these years France have got one.Don't knock It out of hand.
Have they not surrendered yet Beni
Old 11-04-2011, 18:56   #133
God Member

my guess is those that willingly wear them only do so because it is drummed into them from an early age to expect to wear them.Its abit like how we are subjected to sunday school and brainwashed into believing there is a god while our minds are young and very impresionable.

iv pobably said this earlier in this thread but i asked an asian taxi driver why they were worn and he said to show respect for their husbands but didnt have an answer when i asked why he wasnt wearing one to show respect for his wife

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 11-04-2011, 20:01   #134
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
They should certainly be banned from wearing them whilst driving.
But Officer ........ that is my official picture !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dvr Licence.jpg (29.1 KB, 12 views)
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 20:17   #135
God Member

for some reason teh french are allowing them to be worn whilst driving still which i would have thought would have been in the top 5 reasons for not allowing them to be worn.

just as you think the french have got somthing right they drop that clanger lol.

but respect where respect is due they did torpedo the rainbow warrior and that act alone secured my respect for the french.This burkah thing is a just a bonus

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..