Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2012, 15:35   #106
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Going far too far!

Cheers fer the response, with what yeh say, i being a cynical git, suspect even more someone has been mischief making. I could venture even more, but pointless cos they don't come on here, bar 1.
Old 02-02-2012, 15:39   #107
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
You appeared to be perhaps the 'new broom', that is desperately needed, well, new certainly but it appears that almost all the bristles fell out allowing you only to make this sweeping sentence but not to fulfil your promises of keeping us informed.

AccyWeb could still be fun for you, all you have to do is start posting again, believe it or not, I suspect the reason for the flak is because we have missed you.

So, take a deep political breath, cast to one side your fear of criticism, (it will still happen it happens to all of us), get posting and prove yourself to be above the need to run off and hide from us now that you have, 'control'.

Hope you sort your homepage out see you soon.
I take that as a compliment Less, thank you.

For two years I have tried to find out what I can for this forum and I pledged to carry on after we took control. What I didn't pledge was that I would suddenly accept everything I said being thrown into doubt. I like to think that I have been straight with everyone who has come a-knocking so it seemed very odd and a bit of a betrayal, to be frank.

Despite what some may think, I haven't changed apart from laying off Cllr Britcliffe after the elections. He's currently an ex-council leader, seemingly convinced that he will regain control in May and picking the flimsiest of holes in Labour policies. He reportedly isn't even putting up Conservative budget proposals this year for the Full Council on 23rd February.

I have better people to go after these days than those who can't even argue against us properly.

Ask me anything Accywebbers, just do me a favour and believe that I'm telling you the truth?

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 15:42   #108
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Good. Would you care to mosey on over to the "Internationalist Approach at H.B.C." thread and explain the thinking behind that particular decision? I've already asked your colleague, Councillor Dawson, but he seems strangely silent on the subject.
Well it would be good if someone had the balls to enlighten people about this un.
Old 02-02-2012, 15:44   #109
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I stand by every one of the changes.
Does that include the removal of the benches from outside the Market Hall?

Which you said on here were removed as an experiment, and will be later returned.

When does the 'experiment' end, and the benches returned, so people can once again make use of them?

Do you also stand by voting in favour of this council motion?

'That this Council supports the Kashmir community here in Hyndburn in condemning the atrocities committed and acts of barbaric violence by Indian Forces in Indian occupied Kashmir which has resulted in women been gang raped, children lined up and shot dead in front of their parents, people been torched and set on fire in their jail cells.'

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...to_Council.pdf

If H.B.C. haven't issued dog wardens with night vision goggles, are you going to sue the press, who have published the story, and who have brought shame and ridicule to Hyndburn?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 16:01   #110
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Does that include the removal of the benches from outside the Market Hall?

Which you said on here were removed as an experiment, and will be later returned.

When does the 'experiment' end, and the benches returned, so people can once again make use of them?
Yes it does, based purely on the reasoning that it solved the problem that it set out to solve. I never said it was an ideal solution but I am not directly involved with this so I would once again direct you to the Enquiries address for a full, impartial, civil service answer.

Quote:
Do you also stand by voting in favour of this council motion?

'That this Council supports the Kashmir community here in Hyndburn in condemning the atrocities committed and acts of barbaric violence by Indian Forces in Indian occupied Kashmir which has resulted in women been gang raped, children lined up and shot dead in front of their parents, people been torched and set on fire in their jail cells.'

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...to_Council.pdf
As I have just said in a PM, the Kashmiri motion was put to council by Cllr Allah Dad and it can't simply be thrown out just because someone doesn't like it. I understand that Cllr Dad has quite a few Kashmiri residents in his ward (there are several thousand in Hyndburn). The motion was amended by the Labour party to take a slightly less biased view and also passed on to Graham Jones for action in Westminster. Despite protests from Cllr Britcliffe, Cllr Dad agreed to the changes.

I must admit since I had no knowledge of the Kashmiri situation or have any residents in Rishton that are affected I needed to ask some background details. I'd have preferred not to have had to vote on it, it seemed irrelevant to me at the time, but unfortunately we can't simply ignore motions put up by other councillors.

I hope that answers your question regarding myself but several councillors in Accrington wards have decent sized Kashmiri populations so it will have relevance to those residents. It isn't a situation I look forward to again though, pure electioneering in my view and there are more pressing matters to discuss nearer to home.

Quote:
If H.B.C. haven't issued dog wardens with night vision goggles, are you going to sue the press, who have published the story, and who have brought shame and ridicule to Hyndburn?
No, I'm not going to sue the press. I haven't been libelled and I can't see anyone up at HBC being so incensed that a big deal needs to be made of it. Mistakes happen, people are misquoted all the time (and not just in the press), best thing is just to get on with things and worry when something major really does go wrong.

Old 02-02-2012, 16:12   #111
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Yes it does, based purely on the reasoning that it solved the problem that it set out to solve.
So removing the benches has solved the problems associated with drinkers in the town centre?

There were plenty in evidence on Tuesday, causing mayhem on Church Street, and on Broadway.

Perhaps it's not the dog wardens who need new goggles.

As you say, this is nothing at all to do with you.

However, given that, you did take it on yourself to publicly state this was an experiment, and the benches will be returned.

When will this happen?

Old 02-02-2012, 16:22   #112
Give, give, give member

Quote:
As I have just said in a PM, the Kashmiri motion was put to council by Cllr Allah Dad and it can't simply be thrown out just because someone doesn't like it. I understand that Cllr Dad has quite a few Kashmiri residents in his ward (there are several thousand in Hyndburn). The motion was amended by the Labour party to take a slightly less biased view and also passed on to Graham Jones for action in Westminster. Despite protests from Cllr Britcliffe, Cllr Dad agreed to the changes.

I must admit since I had no knowledge of the Kashmiri situation or have any residents in Rishton that are affected I needed to ask some background details. I'd have preferred not to have had to vote on it, it seemed irrelevant to me at the time, but unfortunately we can't simply ignore motions put up by other councillors.

I hope that answers your question regarding myself but several councillors in Accrington wards have decent sized Kashmiri populations so it will have relevance to those residents. It isn't a situation I look forward to again though, pure electioneering in my view and there are more pressing matters to discuss nearer to home.
According to the time scale on the Observer's Twitter feed, the motion was voted on, and suported within ten minutes.

When did the 'Labour party amend' the original motion, put forward by Cllr. Dad?

Was it on the night of November the tenth?

Old 02-02-2012, 16:27   #113
Common Sense Member

Quote:
So removing the benches has solved the problems associated with drinkers in the town centre?

There were plenty in evidence on Tuesday, causing mayhem on Church Street, and on Broadway.

Perhaps it's not the dog wardens who need new goggles.

As you say, this is nothing at all to do with you.

However, given that, you did take it on yourself to publicly state this was an experiment, and the benches will be returned.

When will this happen?
Of course it has, that was the intention all along - to completely solve the problem of drunken vagrants across all of Accrington....by removing two benches. This is clearly a subject very close to your heart and I will openly admit that I am not the best man to sort this out.

How about you ask the Leader of the Council to dip into the Cabinet Action Fund and replace them?

Oh no, because an entire year's budget was spent last April leaving nothing for the new administration.

Try asking Cllr Britcliffe about that at your next Area Council meeting.

Old 02-02-2012, 16:29   #114
Common Sense Member

Red face Re: Going far too far!

Quote:
According to the time scale on the Observer's Twitter feed, the motion was voted on, and suported within ten minutes.

When did the 'Labour party amend' the original motion, put forward by Cllr. Dad?

Was it on the night of November the tenth?
Yes, it was.

By actually reading the agenda before the meeting and drafting something more suitable.

I think it's called 'preparation'.

Old 02-02-2012, 16:29   #115
Give, give, give member

Quote:
...several councillors in Accrington wards have decent sized Kashmiri populations so it will have relevance to those residents.
Since our local council now involves itself with matters that aren't local.

More than several councillors have decent sized populations who are demanding a referendum, on our continued membership of the European Union.

Are the council planning to support these residents in their struggle for democracy?

Old 02-02-2012, 16:32   #116
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Yes, it was.

By actually reading the agenda before the meeting and drafting something more suitable.

I think it's called 'preparation'.
So the wording of the motion that was voted on that night, was the one recorded in the minutes?

Well that's a crumb of comfort.

Thank you.

Old 02-02-2012, 16:35   #117
Common Sense Member

Quote:
So the wording of the motion that was voted on that night, was the one recorded in the minutes?

Well that's a crumb of comfort.

Thank you.
We haven't voted to approve them yet so they aren't online.

If you've got the minutes of that meeting do let me know how.

Old 02-02-2012, 16:37   #118
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Of course it has, that was the intention all along - to completely solve the problem of drunken vagrants across all of Accrington....by removing two benches. This is clearly a subject very close to your heart and I will openly admit that I am not the best man to sort this out.

How about you ask the Leader of the Council to dip into the Cabinet Action Fund and replace them?

Oh no, because an entire year's budget was spent last April leaving nothing for the new administration.

Try asking Cllr Britcliffe about that at your next Area Council meeting.
Ask to replace them?

But they were just removed as an experiment, and we were informed by yourself that they'll be returned.

I could ask when they are to be returned.

I'd only ask that they be replaced if it was true that they were damaged beyond repair whilst they were being removed, and they were later taken from where they were being stored at the council yard, after someone phoned some gypsies, and told them they could take them away.

Old 02-02-2012, 16:44   #119
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Ask to replace them?

But they were just removed as an experiment, and we were informed by yourself that they'll be returned.

I could ask when they are to be returned.

I'd only ask that they be replaced if it was true that they were damaged beyond repair whilst they were being removed, and they were later taken from where they were being stored at the council yard, after someone phoned some gypsies, and told them they could take them away.
So I did, how remiss of me, passing on information like that.

Regrettably, it seems that your 'source' has better information than was given to me.

Care to name them so that a full and proper investigation can be carried out?

Old 02-02-2012, 16:51   #120
Give, give, give member

Quote:
We haven't voted to approve them yet so they aren't online.

If you've got the minutes of that meeting do let me know how.
The minutes of the meeting of the full council meeting of November 10th were put on the H.B.C. website, on the 12th January.

That's when the discrepency became apparent, between Cllr. Dad's motion, again on the council's website, and the less inflamatory wording, recorded in the minutes.

As per Gynn's post (#313), when they quoted from the minutes.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...-59847-21.html

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..