Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2018, 19:17   #1831
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Looks like "Brexit means Brexit" & "No deal is better than a bad deal" aren't! Traitor DisMay really has got my gorge up with her latest antics of appeasing her party remainers, she really needs to go, now!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...hard-brexit-eu
Old 12-06-2018, 20:36   #1832
Beacon of light

This is not what the electorate voted for.
But remove TM and replace her with who?
Son, who can you see in the political spectrum, in ANY party who would deliver what the electorate voted for.
I know my eyesight is poor, but even with a microscope I can see no one who has the mettle or the following to get the job done.
TM's main problem is that she does not have a workable majority....and she has MP's in her party....and in government(Philip Hammond for one) who are divisive.
They are the EU's greatest weapon against us....because by dividing the party they are giving the EU a view of he game plan.
You cannot beat an enemy who has outposts in your head....the government is the head....and the EU have outposts(in the shape of remainder dissenting MP's) well entrenched in the head.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 05:25   #1833
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
But remove TM and replace her with who?

At this present moment in time I really don't care who steps up & replaces DisMay! The only stipulation I'd have is that they must be an out & out leaver, 210% behind getting the UK out of the eu cesspit & that he/she surrounds themselves with like minded individuals.

JRM may not be everyones favourite & even I am a tad wary of his attitudes after initially thinking he may well be the person for the job, but according to the article below from February this year, his "Peers" seem to think he might fit the bill.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/ja...party-members/

Like I said earlier I really don't care who steps up, but step up they should & disMay & her remainer cronies should be banned from ever practicing politics in Uk for the rest of their miserable scheming lives!
Old 13-06-2018, 06:14   #1834
Beacon of light

The thing is a vote of no confidence will not solve the problems.
It could bring down the government and create a general election....opening the way for Commie Corbyn(I know Cashy thinks that could NEVER happen...but I do not share his optimism).

I fear that we will never get out of the web that is the EU.

That this betrayal by politicians(not just TM, but the snakes who would use any tactics to keep us in the straitjacket that the EU has become) of the concept of democracy....I have said in the past that there is no democracy....that voting changes nothing....it just gives the politicians someone to blame when it all goes belly up.

I really feel that many of those disrupts are in the pay of the EU...the EU cannot afford for us to leave.
It is in their interests to cause as much confusion and division as will scare the bejasus out of the people...yet it is NOT the people who are afraid...it is the MP's who will lose their nice fat pensions.
Old 13-06-2018, 06:49   #1835
Beacon of light

Then of course there are those vermin in ermine who have done all they can to undermine the process of Brexit...these are unelected and in many cases 'failed' MP's....all being paid out of the public purse.
It is time they were culled as inhumanely as possible. This geriatric crčche does the UK no favours, then there is Justin Welby....a cleric meddling in political affairs.
None of these are worth a pinch of donkey droppings.
Old 13-06-2018, 07:30   #1836
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Whilst there is that many of M.P.s of all parties, that do "NOT" recognize what the people voted for, its a complete waste of time voting for any party imho. in fact personally i have no intention of doing so.
Old 13-06-2018, 09:55   #1837
Beacon of light

Cashy, I never ever thought I would hear you say that.
Things must have come to a pretty pass.
Old 13-06-2018, 10:01   #1838
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Cashy, I never ever thought I would hear you say that.
Things must have come to a pretty pass.
Very much so Margaret i am sick to the back teeth of the lot of em.there is just too many Remoaners in all parties.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 13-06-2018, 19:18   #1839
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I thought the tories were bad with their infighting & division, seems Corpybins lot are having just as much fun too.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ter-Government
cashman likes this.
Old 13-06-2018, 19:38   #1840
Beacon of light

You could not put a sheet of Bronco between the parties.
They are all a shower of fisons, with absolutely no interest in the wishes that the electorate
Demonstrated by their vote to leave the EU.

How much weaker is the bargaining hand when those at the negotiating table KNOW we will not walk away....because the MP's want a soft deal....and this soft deal means that we continue to pay in....with no say in the formulation of policies.
Although in truth we never EVER had a vote go in our favour.
We have to accept free movement.....we have to follow the directives of the ECJ.
So we won't be OUT!
I think my Dom Perignon will be on my coffin....unopened!
Old 17-06-2018, 13:31   #1841
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

So tomorrow, 18 Jun 2018, our elders & betters in the HoC will discuss the slimeballs & deadbeats of the HoL & their uppity anti attitude to the populace. I don't really hold out much hope for a positve result going the way of Joe public, but it's nice to think they may just be a tad irked at the peasantrys temerity to gripe about their appetites.

I also don't think much of our current political caste regardless of party loyalties, but one man I do respect for his stance & seemly integrity (a scarcity amongst politicoes these days) is Frank Field, gentleman & Labour MP (Birkenhead) amongst the grubbing pygmies of parliament he stands tall & truly deserves the honorific "Honourable" when he speaks. Even he has warned the shysters in the HoL off, but will they listen to the words of the wise ...... somehow I doubt it, someone call the irinmongers & order 800 gert big shovels for delivery to the house of Scroungers Wasteminster, Londonistan express delivery!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/97...it-theresa-may

Oh & youll probably need to send a few navvies to because the lazy B'stards are quite happy to dig their own hole but don't think they should have to do any real work, hence the navvies.
Old 18-06-2018, 08:22   #1842
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Whilst there is that many of M.P.s of all parties, that do "NOT" recognize what the people voted for, its a complete waste of time voting for any party imho. in fact personally i have no intention of doing so.
agree cashy there is no point whatsoever when you vote for something, get a majority and so many of em will do anything to scupper the will of the people. been the biggest waste of time in my long lifetime. said from the beginning that we will not get what we voted for and time has not changed this view. do not worry though in areas of a high out vote come the next election they will be saying that it was not their fault it did not happen. as for the rich mans care home quicker that goes the better but holding your breath comes to mind.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 07:57   #1843
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
There needs to be some kind of reform of the House of Lords.
These 800 dodderers should not be permitted to deny the votes of 17.4 million of the electorate who voted to leave.
We do not want any customs union which is tied to free movement.
In any case we actually buy more from EU countries than they buy from us...I am sure that they will be only too pleased to trade with us.
We cannot do ANY trade deals outside the EU if we remain in a customs union.
This would be the very worst option...we would still be paying, we would still be shackled and yet we would have no say.
Not that having a say in the past has made much difference...a vote has never gone in our favour.
We need to be OUT....right OUT....this is not the Hokey Cokey....one foot in and one foot out.
Got an e-mail today about the "Scrap the house of lords" that 169,000 voted for, that Government have said they will do "SOD ALL" about this, its not a priority with them. dont surprise me much, but it to me is another glaring example of how the electorate are ignored by them.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 20-06-2018, 08:37   #1844
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Got an e-mail today about the "Scrap the house of lords" that 169,000 voted for, that Government have said they will do "SOD ALL" about this, its not a priority with them. dont surprise me much, but it to me is another glaring example of how the electorate are ignored by them.
they were never going to do anything about it cashy even if 16 million had signed the petition.
KiTChener likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 08:55   #1845
Beacon of light

Yes Cashy, I got the same e-mail.
It is no surprise at all that they plan to do nothing.
I would have been far more shocked(and shocked is exactly the right word) if they had said they would tip the whole lot of them out on their well padded behinds.

At the very least their needs to be a cull....and a downsizing of the House of Lords,
But it is NEVER going to,happen in our lifetime Cashy....it would be akin to Turkeys volunteering to stuff themselves with Paxo.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..