Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: As a result of ths latest incident should Britcliffe resign?
Yes ? 21 53.85%
No ? 18 46.15%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2008, 16:47   #31
Senior Member+

Re: "Silly Cow" Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
then thats not just 1 lie,but 2, as those who heard it will testify.
Well said. 2 lies.

I don't care much for the silly cow bit. Unpleasant, but I wouldn't have reported it. The history of abuse from Clr B to Clr McC led up to this, as well as excessive abuse towards women on the Council.

I am a man and I receive about three quarters the abuse Clr McC receives amazingly. I understand her position and she was, on balance, right to make the complaint. If it costs a small amount to get councillors focused on the job at hand, then it's money well spent. Shame the voters were conned into putting these deceitful there in the first place.

I thank Katex and ClaytonEnder for telling the truth and being there.

The issue has been like this for the 6 years I have been on the Council. Constant lies. This is hidden from the people of Hyndburn. This event however demonstrates for me what has been happening, and AccyWeb members honesty has shown that (at least on this issue) that some of us strive for the truth, and some of us strive for naked power.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2008, 16:48   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
This is nonsense. I reported him once only. He insisted at every public meeting that the bus station was staying on Peel Street. The bus operators then (and still do) refuse to speak to that man. He had/has a shop on Infant Street. He should have declared it and left the room.

The Standards Board Agreed and gave Britcliffe a severe warning. However the constitution of Hyndburn had been watered down and the advice from the SB to me was this could proceed no furthur as Mr Britcliffe had not broken one of his own rules.

Mr Britcliffe then ran to the papers and proclaimed he had been found innocent. That's not what the SBE had said and the report is still in my office. So I would be careful what you say JAYSAY. The truth has always hurt you and will continue to do so so long as you pander to petty party politics and personal political friendships rather than speak as an honest resident.

AND CONTRARY to your jump in with two feet views. We do not discuss, organise, have a group decision on personal matters like this. Cllr McCormack (ring her to check if you doubt) made her own decision and no-one else got involved. So to suggest it was the Labour Party as a Group decision is a made up lie and one phone call would have cleared your mind on that.
The only answer I would have expected from a very poor narcissistic Labour Politician
Old 22-02-2008, 16:49   #33
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
So to suggest it was the Labour Party as a Group decision is a made up lie and one phone call would have cleared your mind on that.
Get a grip man, do you really think we are stupid enough to believe that she did not check with you first?
Old 22-02-2008, 16:49   #34
Senior Member+

BTW i voted NO, he should not resign. I don;t like Lies but there should be better ways to deal with this. After all the voters voted his crackpot brigade in and they have the right to serve no matter how bitter i feel about there conduct.
Old 22-02-2008, 16:54   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The only answer I would have expected from a very poor narcissistic Labour Politician
Just like your best mate Britcliffe, has to resort to personal attacks!!!! Enough said.
Old 22-02-2008, 16:54   #36
God Member

Quote:
This is nonsense. I reported him once only.
Possibly true but members of the Labour party have reported him quite a few times over the last few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones

AND CONTRARY to your jump in with two feet views. We do not discuss, organise, have a group decision on personal matters like this. Cllr McCormack (ring her to check if you doubt) made her own decision and no-one else got involved. So to suggest it was the Labour Party as a Group decision is a made up lie and one phone call would have cleared your mind on that.
Surely as leader of the Labour Group in Hyndburn you should know if your own party members are going to the standards board or are they doing it without your approval or without your knowledge?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 17:00   #37
Senior Member+

I voted yes, purely because he is untrustworthy, well, even more so than before !
Old 22-02-2008, 17:20   #38
Resident Waffler

That's why I'm for 'yes' - and the fact that he hasn't even got the courage to stand by his own convictions.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 17:36   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Just like your best mate Britcliffe, has to resort to personal attacks!!!! Enough said.
Unfortunatly Graham, I haven't seen Peter since May Day last year, and I have spoken to him three times, none of which were about politics, but our mutual love of Blackburn Rovers, now if you had said another councillor was my best mate it may have been nearer the mark
Old 22-02-2008, 17:37   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Get a grip man, do you really think we are stupid enough to believe that she did not check with you first?
I said a Group decision.

When you have an issue, you seek advice. I know she asked me. I thought on balance because of the abuse she had received that it would highlight the issue. I don't think she asked many others in the group and it was never discussed at Labour Group. We have better and more important things to talk about. It was and is a personal issue.
Old 22-02-2008, 17:41   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
BTW i voted NO, he should not resign. I don;t like Lies but there should be better ways to deal with this. After all the voters voted his crackpot brigade in and they have the right to serve no matter how bitter i feel about there conduct.
You have voted no, so whats all the fuse about infact this poll was daft in the first place, because the only poll that matters is the one which takes place in May every year, not on an internet web site, infact I will not even be votting this year
Old 22-02-2008, 17:45   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I said a Group decision.

When you have an issue, you seek advice. I know she asked me. I thought on balance because of the abuse she had received that it would highlight the issue. I don't think she asked many others in the group and it was never discussed at Labour Group. We have better and more important things to talk about. It was and is a personal issue.
In that case Graham, if it was a personal issue why was it YOU who introduced it onto this web site, political double speak me thinks
Old 22-02-2008, 17:47   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
You have voted no, so whats all the fuse about infact this poll was daft in the first place, because the only poll that matters is the one which takes place in May every year, not on an internet web site, infact I will not even be votting this year
And that is because;
a) You don't want to vote, you've have no affinity to any party or politics. Your a man of the people, an innocent truthsayer OR,
b) There are no elections in your Ward, Immanuel?
Old 22-02-2008, 17:51   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
In that case Graham, if it was a personal issue why was it YOU who introduced it onto this web site, political double speak me thinks
Because Clr B told lies. Read the initial post. You seem to only post party political views and never check any facts. You attack all progressives, such as Gayle. It's your job. When PB drops the letter off to the Ob via your house, you just sign it. You can recognise Peter's words, peters insider argument, a mile off. I am fed up of pandering to people who think they are the political elite and the rest of us should just shut up and play fairy.

Your man has been caught with his pants down to use an old fashioned saying, and he should own up!
Old 22-02-2008, 18:05   #45
God Member

Quote:
Because Clr B told lies. Read the initial post. You seem to only post party political views and never check any facts. You attack all progressives, such as Gayle. It's your job. When PB drops the letter off to the Ob via your house, you just sign it. You can recognise Peter's words, peters insider argument, a mile off. I am fed up of pandering to people who think they are the political elite and the rest of us should just shut up and play fairy.

Your man has been caught with his pants down to use an old fashioned saying, and he should own up!
I don't think it has anything to do with his pants ... he's not Bill Clinton, (the man who convinced America that a blow job is not sex). But politicians are noted for blurting out things in debate. Our late PM, Pierre Trudeau, once told a member of the opposition to eff off in the House of Commons. Canadians thought this was ok, even funny. Unfortunately, he denied saying it, claiming that what came out of his mouth was "fuddle duddle." I still have a fuddle duddle coffee mug.

Question: are your council debates televised?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..