Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: As a result of ths latest incident should Britcliffe resign?
Yes ? 21 53.85%
No ? 18 46.15%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2008, 18:13   #46
Senior Member+

Re: "Silly Cow" Poll

Unfortunately not Eric, though some of them may make for interesting, slightly hysterical viewing !
Old 22-02-2008, 18:17   #47
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Because Clr B told lies. Read the initial post. You seem to only post party political views and never check any facts. You attack all progressives, such as Gayle. It's your job. When PB drops the letter off to the Ob via your house, you just sign it. You can recognise Peter's words, peters insider argument, a mile off. I am fed up of pandering to people who think they are the political elite and the rest of us should just shut up and play fairy.

Your man has been caught with his pants down to use an old fashioned saying, and he should own up!
Your mouth wash ain't making it Graham your talkin B******* as usual, I have never or will never put MY NAME to any letter that isn't written by me, you can think what you like, I do have a hard copy of every letter I have ever sent to the press and if you like you can come round and I'll show you. It seems there is some kind of fixation with your lot, some one here actually thought that jaysay was Britcliffe. Be quite honest the truth is you can't get the better of PB politically, but don't despair Graham old son your not the first and you won't be the last who have tried an failed

Last edited by jaysay; 22-02-2008 at 18:19. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 18:22   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
And that is because;
a) You don't want to vote, you've have no affinity to any party or politics. Your a man of the people, an innocent truthsayer OR,
b) There are no elections in your Ward, Immanuel?
Answer B, no fooling you Graham is there, sharp as a button, outside the Council Chamber that is
Old 22-02-2008, 18:23   #49

Oh Dear what have I let myself in for

.. "The more u see the less u know. The less u find out as u go." 'Sir Bono'

WalkOnBRFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 18:27   #50
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
If it costs a small amount to get councillors focused on the job at hand, then it's money well spent.
And what exactly is your current focus? From here it looks like taking every opertuneaty to poke your opposite numbers.

Quote:
Shame the voters were conned into putting these deceitful there in the first place.
I voted for Peter. I have admitted it several times on here. I am not ashamed about it either. I think he is doing good things for Ossy. The latest being our four new CCTV cameras. One of which will hopefully reduce the anti social behavour I experiance on a regular basis with teenagers entering/exiting the park.

I have worked with Gayle for well over 12 months with the Friends of Rhyddings Park and I think very highly of her. I would however still have to vote for Peter should she stand against him again. Not because I don't think she would make a first class Councillor, I know she would. The reason is that I would not want to assist the Labour Party take control of HBC while you are still the leader.

You talk about honestly and not conning us, the voters, why don't you explain to us all about the rift within the local Labour Party since you became leader? Or maybe you would rather stay quiet and deny it exists.

Open and honest works two ways.

While we are talking about petty bickering will you be providing the Torys with some pictures for their campaign leaflets this time
Old 22-02-2008, 18:30   #51
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
... he's not Bill Clinton, (the man who convinced America that a blow job is not sex).
Bill is my hero, what a guy. I wonder if I can convince my wife the same thing
Old 22-02-2008, 19:10   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Bill is my hero, what a guy. I wonder if I can convince my wife the same thing
Not unless you you have a good divorce lawyer on hand

Our City Council meetings are televised on the local cable channel. Not too many people watch ... although, when the Council was debating spending $50 million dollars on a new sports and entertainment facility, it became more popular. If council are going to spend fifty million of our dollars they should be watched by as many taxpayers as possible As an aside, the facility opens today and I have tickets for the Tragically Hip concert tomorrow night.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 19:19   #53
God Member

Didn't Mr. Jones refer to the Conservatives as a 'Shower of sh1te' on this very message board and then delete it? What on earth is he getting his knickers in a twist about because a fellow representative of the the electorate cannot recall using the term 'Silly Cow' ? Which is the more offensive ?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 20:29   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Didn't Mr. Jones refer to the Conservatives as a 'Shower of sh1te' on this very message board and then delete it? What on earth is he getting his knickers in a twist about because a fellow representative of the the electorate cannot recall using the term 'Silly Cow' ? Which is the more offensive ?
but it is a well established fact that the conservatives are shower of sh1t where as it has yet to be established if the said lady is indeed a silly cow

lets face it any excuse to get rid of the old puff will do ,we have suffered from him enough
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 20:49   #55
God Member

I think that all councillors should refrain from making personal remarks and insults and concentrate on the matters in hand but I won't hold my breath for that one. I did not witness this particular discussion but did witness unpleasant behaviour at the count for last year's elections.

At the time I was shocked but the more I read and hear, the more I have come to see that this is just the way it is for a lot of people in the political world. It shouldn't be though. It is very unpleasant.

I don't think that Peter Britcliffe should resign. As has been said, if all councillors guilty of calling others names were to resign there'd be no councillors left!
Old 22-02-2008, 21:34   #56
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
if all councillors guilty of calling others names were to resign there'd be no councillors left!
Is that supposed to be a good or bad thing?
Old 22-02-2008, 22:07   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Is that supposed to be a good or bad thing?
We'd have to have someone at the helm though, wouldn't we? Who would we have?
Old 22-02-2008, 22:09   #58
God Member

Quote:
Captain Birds Eye?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 23:13   #59
Give, give, give member

Blimey, all these bruised egos.

Good job you didn't grow up queer round here.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 23:28   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Jambutty?..

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..