Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 10:15   #136
Give, give, give member

Re: Yet another dog kills a child...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
and You Do??

Grow Up

Er...no, I don't own one.

My thoughts are based purely on the scum I see in charge of these dogs, and the two recent killing by children by these dogs.

Getting aggressive now aren't you.

Going to set your dog on me?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2007, 10:16   #137
Resident Waffler

I saw those Merseyside dogs being rounded up and not one of them behaved aggressively. Strangers picked them up and dumped them in vans with others and yet there was no barking let alone fighting. Had they been drugged prior to picking up? Or were they simply well behaved dogs that just happen to look similar to a killer dog?

Tinks had a Staffie which looks similar. She now has a Rottie pup. The former never attacked anyone as far as I know and I presume that with similar training her new baby won't either. It's the 'scumbags' who have status symbol dogs to 'prove' how tough they are that need to be tackled.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:16   #138
Give, give, give member

Quote:
You do nothing but call the breed from what I have read.

Rubbish.

Learn to read.

It's the ass wipes who think these dogs are a status symbol I have a problem with.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:19   #139
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Er...no, I don't own one.

My thoughts are based purely on the scum I see in charge of these dogs, and the two recent killing by children by these dogs.

Getting aggressive now aren't you.

Going to set your dog on me?
Aggression?? Where??

Getting Childish now??
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:23   #140
Give, give, give member

I'm not getting into a slanging match with you.

I've already said my piece, which basically is that children's lives are more important than the right for unregulated ownership of these dogs.

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/pitbullDenver.pdf

Old 05-01-2007, 10:25   #141
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

erm....now now children
Old 05-01-2007, 10:36   #142
Senior Member+

Quote:
I think it's the owners of Pit Bulls who should be rounded up, and taken away in vans.
Classing ALL pitbull owners with one brush there?

Quote:
I'm not getting into a slanging match with you.

I've already said my piece, which basically is that children's lives are more important than the right for unregulated ownership of these dogs.

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/pitbullDenver.pdf
I am not getting into a slanging match, just debating, discussing.

I have looked at your posts and I admit you do not individulise the breed as much as I though you had.

I do agree with the fact the IDIOTS should'nt be allowed to own these dogs, but that should apply to ANY DOG. not BREED BASHING.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:40   #143
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Classing ALL pitbull owners with one brush there?

I am not getting into a slanging match, just debating, discussing.

I have looked at your posts and I admit you do not individulise the breed as much as I though you had.

I do agree with the fact the IDIOTS should'nt be allowed to own these dogs, but that should apply to ANY DOG. not BREED BASHING.
Well then we agree then don't we.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:46   #144
Give, give, give member

It's the law regarding these dogs which needs upholding, and in some cases clarifying and changing, not the demonising of any particular dog.

http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/informat...gerousdogsact/

Old 05-01-2007, 11:08   #145
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Under the DDA 1991, owners convicted of having either an ‘illegal dog’ or a dog which has injured a person for any reason, no matter how minor the injury, could have received a criminal record, up to £5000 fine and up to six months in prison. The dog would have been destroyed.
So why the heck do people get away with keeping a dog which has inflicted a minor injury? Then the dog goes on to inflict major injuries or kill. My Dad always used to say that once a dog had tasted blood it was no longer a pet and should be put down.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:36   #146
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well then we agree then don't we.
We strangly do agree.

I understand the public outrage that a low life of society owned a dog that has caused major upset and loss to one poor family.

But I cannot allow ANY single breed of dog to be stigmatised becasue of this.

Its the Owners who should be accountable.
Old 05-01-2007, 14:23   #147

[quote=***Mr D***;361317]As mad as it sounds, 2 days ago I was bitten on the back of the leg by a dog.

This was not a 'Dangerous Dog' breed it was a cross from what I would say a Spaniel (SP) Sort.

The dog was left in a pub door way whilst its owner was having a drink of BEER, as I have run past the door way it has run out and bit my leg.

That Sounds awful Mr ***D***.Hope they gave the poor dog a Tetanus Shot. Church Boy
Church Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 14:25   #148
Passed away 25-11-09

The latest news on the dogs impounded in St Helens and Widnes says that one had cropped ears - "a sure sign that it's been used for fighting"! I don't know a lot about dog-fighting in this country but I do know that, in America, ear-cropping (which I, personally, deplore) is quite fashionable, especially in pitbulls. For some reason the Americans treat it like we treat tail-docking (which I also deplore) and it's not a practice confined to aggressive dogs - have a close look at Scooby-Doo, he's a Great Dane with cropped ears.

The death of this poor child is terrible but, as usual, the reaction is way over the top and isn't addressing the real problem. I've had dogs all my life but I still think dog-ownership is far too easy and far too lax. It's owners who need to be controlled and it doesn't matter what the breed of dog is. You could make a Poodle into a vicious killer if you're that way inclined.
Old 05-01-2007, 14:44   #149

[quote=West Ender;361460]The latest news on the dogs impounded in St Helens and Widnes says that one had cropped ears - "a sure sign that it's been used for fighting"! I don't know a lot about dog-fighting in this country but I do know that, in America, ear-cropping (which I, personally, deplore) is quite fashionable, especially in pitbulls. For some reason the Americans treat it like we treat tail-docking (which I also deplore) and it's not a practice confined to aggressive dogs - have a close look at Scooby-Doo, he's a Great Dane with cropped ears.

In Scoobies case,He decided early on in his acting career that he needed cosmetic Enhancment.Church Boy
Church Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 14:59   #150
Senior Member+

[quote=Church Boy;361459]
Quote:
As mad as it sounds, 2 days ago I was bitten on the back of the leg by a dog.

This was not a 'Dangerous Dog' breed it was a cross from what I would say a Spaniel (SP) Sort.

The dog was left in a pub door way whilst its owner was having a drink of BEER, as I have run past the door way it has run out and bit my leg.

That Sounds awful Mr ***D***.Hope they gave the poor dog a Tetanus Shot. Church Boy
ROFLMAO - Seriously.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..