Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 00:14   #121
Give, give, give member

Re: Yet another dog kills a child...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimaster View Post
thought i'd better add before anyone decides to tar me with the same brush
i didnt purposely get a rottweiler i rescued him from a bad owner!!!

As you say, it's bad owners, not bad dogs that are the problem.

You not being one of them.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2007, 00:50   #122
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Various attacks by other breeds, and a man dieing after being 'nipped' on the thumb by a Labrador and an infection developing, doesn't lessen the argument about freakin' ass wipes having these dogs.

Why so defensive?

What's your dog?
Im not being defensive, just stating, pointing out other facts.

Ass wipes can as easly get a knife, gun, crossbow, sword which could also cause harm.

Ass Wipes could leave nasty pills lying around that kids could eat upon.

You cannot (IMO) say that a breed of dog will do one thing only, its the upbringing of the dog in question.

My point has been that you cannot blame a breed of dog because 'ass wipes' may own them.
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:15   #123
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Im not being defensive, just stating, pointing out other facts.

Ass wipes can as easly get a knife, gun, crossbow, sword which could also cause harm.

Ass Wipes could leave nasty pills lying around that kids could eat upon.

You cannot (IMO) say that a breed of dog will do one thing only, its the upbringing of the dog in question.

My point has been that you cannot blame a breed of dog because 'ass wipes' may own them.
Yes but pills, guns, knives, crossbows etc., can't escape through a hole in the fence, or sneak out of the room whilst the said ass wipe is asleep or off his t*ts, and kill a child, can they?

Old 05-01-2007, 03:19   #124
God Member

we had case a few years back relating to dangerous dogs , see attached for details ....http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/Whipple.html
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:54   #125
Resident Waffler

Maybe there should be some sort of vetting (no pun intended) of people who wish to keep a dog and only then should they be issued with a licence and have to produce the licence when obtaining a dog - but how would you monitor that?

The "Lassie" type dogs are rough collies. Border collies are the black and white normal sheep dog variety. We once had a rough collie which had been mstreated by previous owners. They had encourage him to bark and howl which he did at every opportunity. It was difficult to get him to stop and also to get him to learn that he was not the boss but eventually we got through to him. However because of his previous upbringing I would never trust him 100%. He was a beautiful dog and his main focus in life seemed to be rounding us up into one room where he could keep an eye on us all. I think he thought we were sheep he had to protect from wolves - which could have meant that he would have attacked anyone he perceived to be a threat to the flock.

He was great to train eventually though as he was intelligent and responded well, keen to please. He loved being groomed and would hold up alternate paws to be brushed.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:15   #126
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes but pills, guns, knives, crossbows etc., can't escape through a hole in the fence, or sneak out of the room whilst the said ass wipe is asleep or off his t*ts, and kill a child, can they?
No but a bag of pills shared between friends could kill a few. Lets say the Child took a bag of pills to school and shared them out as sweets?

Most of the points I make can be backed up by hard FACTS.

All you seem to do is tar every thing with one brush and its obvious you have a hatred and very little knowledge of dogs.

Do you work for the Press?

Please have a little read on dogs, written by DOG experts not people trying to sell a news paper. Then come back and argue your FACTS.

Oh and as for your love of Smack Head picture's, saying these are the ones who have the 'Pit Bull'. How could a Smack Head afford a Dog, he would probably sell it? Steriotypical.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:20   #127
Senior Member+

As mad as it sounds, 2 days ago I was bitten on the back of the leg by a dog.

This was not a 'Dangerous Dog' breed it was a cross from what I would say a Spaniel (SP) Sort.

The dog was left in a pub door way whilst its owner was having a drink of BEER, as I have run past the door way it has run out and bit my leg.

There was Blood but not a lot, the dog Bit & Run so to speak.

This was not a dog that you would think would attack you (I personally am carefull of all dogs) but it did.

I blame the Owner not the Dog.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:35   #128
God Member

Seems to mee the dog was a bit peed of Mr D and used you as the target for its frustration. Just shows how much the owner cared about the dog in so much as a quick beer was mor important than his dog. Sue the owner!

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:43   #129
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Seems to mee the dog was a bit peed of Mr D and used you as the target for its frustration. Just shows how much the owner cared about the dog in so much as a quick beer was mor important than his dog. Sue the owner!
Totally the owners fault, idiots both of them as they where a couple.

On confrontation I asked them what they was going to do and I got the impression they didnt give a sh*t, I asked them to make sure that they kept there dog under better control as if I was a child it could of been a nasty situation.

But they where just drunk and didnt show much interest.

I was in a bit of shock as I should of rung the police immediatly, but didnt went home first, then went back to the pub as I had to take this further but they where gone. So no point in reporting to police really, then to hospital for a tetnas (SP).
Old 05-01-2007, 09:52   #130
Give, give, give member

Quote:
No but a bag of pills shared between friends could kill a few. Lets say the Child took a bag of pills to school and shared them out as sweets?

Most of the points I make can be backed up by hard FACTS.

All you seem to do is tar every thing with one brush and its obvious you have a hatred and very little knowledge of dogs.

Do you work for the Press?

Please have a little read on dogs, written by DOG experts not people trying to sell a news paper. Then come back and argue your FACTS.

Oh and as for your love of Smack Head picture's, saying these are the ones who have the 'Pit Bull'. How could a Smack Head afford a Dog, he would probably sell it? Steriotypical.
The only facts I'm interested in are that in the last six months in the UK, two innocent children have been attacked and killed by these dogs. FACT.

As for your poorly thought out analogy between these dogs and drugs, (notice you dropped your comparisson with guns, knives etc.) do remember that this is the dog of choice for most drug pushers, at least around here. Although concerned about any unfortunate children that may live with them, I'm more worried about the children in the neighbourhood of these dogs, all of whom are at risk if the dog is badly trained.

You still didn't answer my question.

Do you have one of these dogs?

Funny how the people who are defending them haven't said they have one. How can they possibly know so much about them, and their safety?

No, and I'm not a journalist. Doh.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:04   #131
Senior Member+

Quote:
The only facts I'm interested in are that in the last six months in the UK, two innocent children have been attacked and killed by these dogs. FACT.

As for your poorly thought out analogy between these dogs and drugs, (notice you dropped your comparisson with guns, knives etc.) do remember that this is the dog of choice for most drug pushers, at least around here. Although concerned about any unfortunate children that may live with them, I'm more worried about the children in the neighbourhood of these dogs, all of whom are at risk if the dog is badly trained.

You still didn't answer my question.

Do you have one of these dogs?

Funny how the people who are defending them haven't said they have one. How can they possibly know so much about them, and their safety?

No, and I'm not a journalist. Doh.
Not really dropped my Comparrison (SP) I could compair with a lot more than that as i look at ALL the FACTS.

Lets take cars for Example of another Killer.

I have a English Bull Mastiff.

I used to own a Staffy Cross, with my NEW BORN BABY at the time, NO trouble AT ALL. So ye I do Know what BIG POWERFULL Dogs are like. form A PERSONAL point of VIEW, not just MEDIA rubbish.

Try reading some PROFFESSIONALLS (SP) points of View.

As I have Maintained its not the BREED its the DEED, the owner makes the dog.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:09   #132
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Not really dropped my Comparrison (SP) I could compair with a lot more than that as i look at ALL the FACTS.

Lets take cars for Example of another Killer.

I have a English Bull Mastiff.

I used to own a Staffy Cross, with my NEW BORN BABY at the time, NO trouble AT ALL. So ye I do Know what BIG POWERFULL Dogs are like. form A PERSONAL point of VIEW, not just MEDIA rubbish.

Try reading some PROFFESSIONALLS (SP) points of View.

Well since you don't own or have owned one of these dogs you don't know how they would react if badly trained or controlled do you?

You obviously think more of the scummy person's right to have, and use as a status symbol, these dogs, than the lives of innocent children.

Sick.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:11   #133
Give, give, give member

Quote:
FFS. As I've said umpteen times, I've nothing against the breed per se. It's the uncontrolled legislation that allows every little trackie wearin' scummy chav that uses them to make them feel like a man, that is the problem, and the danger, as can be seen by the recent deaths in the UK of children.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:12   #134
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well since you don't own or have owned one of these dogs you don't know how they would react if badly trained or controlled do you?

You obviously think more of the scummy person's right to have, and use as a status symbol, these dogs, than the lives of innocent children.

Sick.
and You Do??

Grow Up
Old 05-01-2007, 10:13   #135
Senior Member+

Quote:
FFS. As I've said umpteen times, I've nothing against the breed per se. It's the uncontrolled legislation that allows every little trackie wearin' scummy chav that uses them to make them feel like a man.
You do nothing but call the breed from what I have read.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..