Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/mancies-thread-the-road-to-the-titles-64407.html)

Barrie Yates 19-06-2013 16:48

Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

As Mancie hasn't been around for a while I thought I would start a thread along the lines of the one normally started by him - come back soon Mancie.:)

Difficult start to the season for La Crème, Swansea, Chelsea and then doomsville against the Scouse lot. Difficult enough for Moyes without a start like this.:eek:

Can Stanley push for promotion this season? New manager who was a decent player. let us hope he can provide the inspiration - they could have a local derby in '14/'15.;)

Deadwood gang? well what is there to say - another flirtation with relegation perhaps or a push for a return to the Premiership?:rolleyes::D

jaysay 19-06-2013 17:05

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1063418)
As Mancie hasn't been around for a while I thought I would start a thread along the lines of the one normally started by him - come back soon Mancie.:)

Difficult start to the season for La Crème, Swansea, Chelsea and then doomsville against the Scouse lot. Difficult enough for Moyes without a start like this.:eek:

Can Stanley push for promotion this season? New manager who was a decent player. let us hope he can provide the inspiration - they could have a local derby in '14/'15.;)

Deadwood gang? well what is there to say - another flirtation with relegation perhaps or a push for a return to the Premiership?:rolleyes::D

This sites about local teams Stanley being the main aspect with Burnley and Rovers thrown in, who gives a toss about the premiership if you want to discuss that Google "Plastics Are Us", you'll find millions there to chat with

DaveinGermany 19-06-2013 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1063420)
This sites about local teams

Ooh, have a Snickers! :s_aim1:

Barrie Yates 19-06-2013 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1063445)
Ooh, have a Snickers! :s_aim1:

Looks as though someone has thrown his dummy out of the pram already, don't think he would be allowed Snickers, probably make too much of a mess.:rolleyes::D

Barrie Yates 19-06-2013 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1063420)
This sites about local teams Stanley being the main aspect with Burnley and Rovers thrown in, who gives a toss about the premiership if you want to discuss that Google "Plastics Are Us", you'll find millions there to chat with

Does this mean that you won't be coming out with your usual bigoted drivel on this thread?:alright:

jaysay 20-06-2013 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1063472)
Does this mean that you won't be coming out with your usual bigoted drivel on this thread?:alright:

No there's no point in actually contributing to it at all, seeing I've no interest in it;)

Barrie Yates 20-06-2013 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1063493)
No there's no point in actually contributing to it at all, seeing I've no interest in it;)

Does this not count as a contribution?
As for "no interest" you spouted enough on the subject in the past - OK, rabid ramblings maybe, but you contributed then and are still doing so:tongueout:D

DaveinGermany 20-06-2013 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1063493)

Wanna bet? You can't help yourself, you'll be chipping in right enough! :)

Barrie Yates 22-06-2013 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1063605)
Wanna bet? You can't help yourself, you'll be chipping in right enough! :)

I see that your lot are splashing the cash - are there many more cars without hub caps in Liverpool these days?;):D

DaveinGermany 22-06-2013 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1063862)
I see that your lot are splashing the cash - are there many more cars without hub caps in Liverpool these days?;):D

Eh! If there is it's not my doing, but around here on the other hand ........ :D

yerself 22-06-2013 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay

The header to this sub-forum:

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

That precludes the deadwood gang then, you can hardly call that football.
Bet he posts on here now.:D:D:rolleyes:

Bagpuss 03-08-2013 21:25

I see read even if I choose not to post these days ;-)

Guinness 03-08-2013 23:09

Thing is..Woevers, Stanley, Dingles, Scousers, even the southern nancies, in fact 99.999% of supporters, fans, merchandise buyers, armchair pundits etc..etc...all admit their shortcomings...

They take the flak, they suck up the jibes, argue their case and take the rough with the smooth. They smile, sulk, get sheepish, they clutch at straws with their arguments. They do it with a passion borne of love for their club

The plastics, however are a different breed entirely....

They only speak when in a position of power, they go silent in dark days, hide when they lose. They have zero humility, zero respect of any other club, zero tolerance of being outplayed or beaten fair and square, (it's the ref, the pitch, the timekeeper, the weather or the colour of the shirts), according to them they are never beaten but always cheated. They think they have an inherent right to be superior. They do it with a passion borne from a brand name....'I luv MUFC' aint that much different from 'I luv KFC' and there ain't much difference between the supporters of either brand

Barrie Yates 04-08-2013 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 1069749)
Thing is..Woevers, Stanley, Dingles, Scousers, even the southern nancies, in fact 99.999% of supporters, fans, merchandise buyers, armchair pundits etc..etc...all admit their shortcomings...

They take the flak, they suck up the jibes, argue their case and take the rough with the smooth. They smile, sulk, get sheepish, they clutch at straws with their arguments. They do it with a passion borne of love for their club

The plastics, however are a different breed entirely....

They only speak when in a position of power, they go silent in dark days, hide when they lose. They have zero humility, zero respect of any other club, zero tolerance of being outplayed or beaten fair and square, (it's the ref, the pitch, the timekeeper, the weather or the colour of the shirts), according to them they are never beaten but always cheated. They think they have an inherent right to be superior. They do it with a passion borne from a brand name....'I luv MUFC' aint that much different from 'I luv KFC' and there ain't much difference between the supporters of either brand

Have you become Jays ghost writer? Perhaps you have picked up a dose of rabid bigotry from him?:rolleyes::p

cashman 04-08-2013 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1069776)
Have you become Jays ghost writer? Perhaps you have picked up a dose of rabid bigotry from him?:rolleyes::p

Nah its a dose of honesty.:D

Barrie Yates 04-08-2013 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1069786)
Nah its a dose of honesty.:D

Rightly expected you to post on Jay's behalf, at least it won't be dyslexic when you and G do.

I expect Jay to be doing a lap of celebration around the lounge on his scooter after today's result - a cracking goal.

Stanley probably got the worst possible opening match. It often happens that the promoted teams in all the leagues seem to get away with a flyer - probably because they play a different style and unsettle the opposition.

Waiting patiently (I lie;)) for next Sunday to see how Moyes puts it together for his first competitive match, we might get some idea of his mindset then:)

cashman 04-08-2013 17:21

Hey twas a cracker, just watched match on internet.:)

Barrie Yates 10-08-2013 19:15

The season already under way, a mixed start for Stanley, but at least a fantastic win, let's hope they can now kick on for the rest of the season. Rovers - as expected I suppose, but never mind, there is a full season before Division 1. Burnley doing better than the Deadwoods.
I heard that the scouse rubbish collectors were on strike - reckoned there was so much rubbish on the field at Anfield they might as well follow the trend in the city streets. Of course the papers and TV are full of the Vampire transfer saga - where will it end, but there is a rumour that many clubs are substituting oak for plastic for the corner flag poles.
Should get some idea of La Creme's chances tomorrow, they have been crap so far but he has played just about everyone - I even thought the tea lady had played in one game. Will Jay's Fatboy go or stay. Can't see him going to Chelsea before the end of the window so the season will be 8 or so matches old before he gets match fit enough to play, and there is no sign of anyone else - PSG, Monaco et al coming in for him.

Only time will tell

Guinness 10-08-2013 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1070775)
The season already under way, a mixed start for Stanley, but at least a fantastic win, let's hope they can now kick on for the rest of the season. Rovers - as expected I suppose, but never mind, there is a full season before Division 1. Burnley doing better than the Deadwoods.
I heard that the scouse rubbish collectors were on strike - reckoned there was so much rubbish on the field at Anfield they might as well follow the trend in the city streets. Of course the papers and TV are full of the Vampire transfer saga - where will it end, but there is a rumour that many clubs are substituting oak for plastic for the corner flag poles.
Should get some idea of La Creme's chances tomorrow, they have been crap so far but he has played just about everyone - I even thought the tea lady had played in one game. Will Jay's Fatboy go or stay. Can't see him going to Chelsea before the end of the window so the season will be 8 or so matches old before he gets match fit enough to play, and there is no sign of anyone else - PSG, Monaco et al coming in for him.

Only time will tell

I'll have a gallon of what you're drinking please :P

Barrie Yates 11-08-2013 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 1070805)
I'll have a gallon of what you're drinking please :P

Pay for it yourself - 15 year old Glen Morange:D

jaysay 11-08-2013 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1070775)

Only time will tell

I heard Liverpool had got rid of most of its rubbish and dumped it on Old Trafford:rolleyes:

jaysay 11-08-2013 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1070811)
Pay for it yourself - 15 year old Glen Morange:D

A bit more class than the team you support:p:p:p:D

Barrie Yates 11-08-2013 09:25

Someone must have hacked into Jays computer:eek: - or DinG was absolutely spot on with his forecast that Jay would do a U-turn and be back on this thread with his rabid ramblings:rolleyes: Nostradamus watch out, you have serious competition from the new mystic DinG:tongueout:D

Eric 11-08-2013 19:54

Is it my imagination or does it seem as if the Premier League is being run by the WWE:confused: Seems to me, admitedly in the land where hockey is king, that the Premier League is the worst thing that has happened to English football ... a few folks make millions of bucks, and the fans get the shaft.

Barrie Yates 11-08-2013 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1070915)
Is it my imagination or does it seem as if the Premier League is being run by the WWE:confused: Seems to me, admitedly in the land where hockey is king, that the Premier League is the worst thing that has happened to English football ... a few folks make millions of bucks, and the fans get the shaft.

Stick to your Ice Hockey and Lacrosse:rolleyes:

Eric 11-08-2013 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1070921)
Stick to your Ice Hockey and Lacrosse:rolleyes:

Still better than watching a league where they should hand out Oscars instead of golden boots and silver jock straps.

cashman 11-08-2013 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1070915)

Yer imagining nowt Eric, The Premier League along wi Sky are the worst things that happened to our game imho.:(

Barrie Yates 12-08-2013 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1070929)
Still better than watching a league where they should hand out Oscars instead of golden boots and silver jock straps.

Don't your top Ice Hockey teams play in a foreign league? Seem to remember that the salaries in American sport are far higher than in the English Football Leagues;)

Barrie Yates 12-08-2013 09:23

A great win by Stanley - and it was shown on Sky. I think there is need for them to keep it on the ground more than the hopeful long ball, when they did keep it down they showed some real promise.:D

Pity the same can't be said for the Deadwoods - maybe next year we will get a real local derby - Stanley v Deadwoods, that will be worth seeing.:rolleyes:

As expected at the Community Shield, some nice football from both sides although Wigan didn't make many chances. Still hoping that La Crème strengthen the mid field. Even though Jay isn't going to contribute to this thread:rolleyes: I wonder who his slagging target is going to be this season now that SAF has gone and his "Fatboy" could be on his way:rolleyes::D

cashman 12-08-2013 10:52

The community shield???? Both sides were sod all special.:rolleyes:

DaveinGermany 12-08-2013 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1063605)
Wanna bet? You can't help yourself, :)

M'lud, the evidence below is clearly presented for your verification! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1070823)
I heard Liverpool had got rid of most of its rubbish and dumped it on Old Trafford:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1070824)
A bit more class than the team you support:p:p:p:D

Tah-Da !!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1070830)
:eek: - or DinG was absolutely spot on with his forecast that Jay would do a U-turn and be back on this thread with his rabid ramblings:rolleyes:

Now, if only I could be so accurate with the lottery numbers! :D

Eric 12-08-2013 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1071002)
Don't your top Ice Hockey teams play in a foreign league? Seem to remember that the salaries in American sport are far higher than in the English Football Leagues;)

Of course Canadian teams play in the NHL ... and the yanks have done all they can to turn that league from "sport" to "investment opportunity" ... but that's the yanks. We expect it of them. But what is important about hockey is that there is a lot of effort put into minor hockey. That's why our national team is always competitive .... unlike, say, England in football.:D And the NHL has a salary cap and a draft system for bringing young players into the league ... it's not the same few teams (the ones with the big bucks) that win every year. And the most valuable franchise in the league is that of the Toronto Maple Leafs, one of the least successful collection of stumble bums ever to lace up skates ... can't quite figure that one out.:confused: I don't think that there is any sport left in US "sport" ... folks are more interested in what the overpaid clowns do off the field (or ice, or court) than they do on it. A lot like the Premier League.:rolleyes:

Barrie Yates 12-08-2013 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1071030)
I don't think that there is any sport left in US "sport" ...

But Canadian teams play in the US leagues - I suppose they are mercenaries looking for the big bucks;):D

Barrie Yates 12-08-2013 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1071015)
M'lud, the evidence below is clearly presented for your verification! :)

Tah-Da !!!!

Now, if only I could be so accurate with the lottery numbers! :D

Nice one DinG, but I think we all knew that he couldn't keep to his word about that, he has got to have somewhere to vent his spleen;)

Barrie Yates 12-08-2013 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1071012)
The community shield???? Both sides were sod all special.:rolleyes:

Agreed, but they were there:p

Eric 13-08-2013 02:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1071050)
But Canadian teams play in the US leagues - I suppose they are mercenaries looking for the big bucks;):D

But Canadian teams are Canadian owned, and they field teams dominated by Canadian players. Look at the rosters of the "English" Premier League. What is it .... about 30 per cent English players? The Germans seem to be getting it right ... teams in the Bundesliga are full of talented German players. Ok, Bayern have Robben and Ribbery, but the rest of them are mostly krauts. That's why they have such a strong national team. It's the same in Italy ... probably 60 per cent of the players in Serie A are Italian. The Premier League is not helping English football ... in fact, it is probably hurting it. Let's face it, you are no longer a major power in your national sport. Famous teams are English in name only. And until talented young English players are given a chance to participate at the highest level your national team will remain an embarassing also ran.

Last year Canadian teams sucked in the Stanley Cup (mmm, that has a nice ring to it:D), and the trophy went to the Chicago Blackhawks. Yet, half the guys, including the captain and the two assistant captains, who suited up for the Hawks were Canadian.:alright:

Boeing Guy 15-08-2013 18:09

Its nice to see nothing has changed,
BBC Sport - Man Utd: David Moyes criticises Premier League fixture list

Looks like Red noses apprentice has got his excuses in early. 'Hardest start for 20 years...' and "I hope it's not because Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last year [that] the fixtures have been made much more difficult."

Wow if Rodgers said that he would be ridiculed by the plastic army. Cue Barry....

Barrie Yates 15-08-2013 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1071453)

Looks like Red noses apprentice has got his excuses in early. 'Hardest start for 20 years...' and "I hope it's not because Manchester United won the league quite comfortably last year [that] the fixtures have been made much more difficult."

Wow if Rodgers said that he would be ridiculed by the plastic army. Cue Barry....

I think it was a stupid comment - but then again, if you don't believe in coincidence you could well think it was a conspiracy;):D

cashman 17-08-2013 18:08

Well just to brass most people off Scum are top of Premier after only 71 mins of the season.:D

DaveinGermany 17-08-2013 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1071793)
Well just to brass most people off Scum are top of Premier after only 71 mins of the season.:D

Only on goal difference, the pool are up there too, :)

Barrie Yates 17-08-2013 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1071795)
Only on goal difference, the pool are up there too, :)

Now DinG, we all knew that for Jay to maintain his alleged absence from this thread he would have his Sancho post bigoted remarks.

Good result for you DinG, but thought you may have lost it right at the death.

A cracking result for La Crème, but that worries me - we don't normally win the opening game, but we still need a mid-field player. Swansea are going to give a few teams a real game this season.

Same old story for the Deadwood gang - crap, they could probably lose against Stanley. Must be galling to see Burnley in the top two when your team is in the bottom three.

Looks as though it could be a yo-yo season for Stanley, let us hope they can really put it together soon and look forward to playing the Deadwood gang next season

Let's see what the rest of the weekend has in store for us.:D

DaveinGermany 18-08-2013 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1071812)
Now DinG, we all knew that for Jay to maintain his alleged absence from this thread he would have his Sancho post bigoted remarks.

Ooh! What you said! I see Donkey Oatey's been on & it must be killing him not being able to have his Tuppence worth of pokes. Come on Jay, you know you want to! :s_aim1:

U turns are allowed you know mate, just look how many "Call me Dave" has made, if he can do it, well, little people like us surely can too. ;)

cashman 18-08-2013 21:04

The Special One is coming...................:D:D:D:D

Barrie Yates 19-08-2013 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1071946)
The Special One is coming...................:D:D:D:D

Didn't watch the full match, only MOTD2. Very slick passing and penetration in the first half by Cheski, Hull seemed to be overawed by it all and what a superb goal by Lampard. However, second half was a different story, never looked as though Chelsea would lose but they will have to play better against the NN, La Crème and the Scousers, and a few other teams. Chelski are a brilliant attacking team but I think they are still a bit lacking at the back. Lots to come I think.:D

Eric 20-08-2013 15:58

Here's a short post with a link ... in the style of C'mon:

Revealed: The Premier League reaches an all-time low of English players | Football | The Guardian

DAV007 20-08-2013 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1071453)

David Moyes has history when it comes to conspiracy theories.

David Moyes Adamant UEFA?s ?Hot Balls? Put Everton Out Of 2005 Champions League | Who Ate all the Pies

He is an Ok manager, but certainly nothing special.

Expect to win nothing.

Barrie Yates 20-08-2013 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1072251)

Expect to win nothing.

United never expect to win nothing, perhaps you should have worded your statement differently.:rolleyes:

DAV007 20-08-2013 21:55

your right,
don't expect any trophies from moyes.

after watching his 10 years at Goodison Park, the guy still has a lot to prove.
His tactical ability is his weakest point, he always struggled against other clubs who's managers where good tacticians.
Its also a myth he brings through youth, at Everton he often stifled youth and always played his favourites even when they where badly out of form or clearly not good enough.

Barrie Yates 27-08-2013 16:54

A mixed weekend for the teams supported on here. The Scousers and the Deadwoods both on a charge for winning their leagues, Deadwoods even closed the gap on Burnley and all the scouse gits must have nose bleeds and hypoxia, can't remember when they had such a high position in the league. Stanley will surely get themselves together soon, let us hope so.
La Crème didn't lose as they usually do to Chelski, who played without a striker - obviously they wanted to make sure they didn't lose. It did show again the need for a class midfield playmaker at OT.
Great that the NN got beaten at Cardiff with a United old boy doing the damage.
The big one next weekend DinG -sure it will be interesting.;):D

cashman 27-08-2013 17:59

Well if its out like last nights effort, Not that interesting.:D

Barrie Yates 27-08-2013 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1073166)
Well if its out like last nights effort, Not that interesting.:D

You stick to your level Cashy - at least we didn't get beaten:p

cashman 27-08-2013 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1073169)
You stick to your level Cashy - at least we didn't get beaten:p

At least my levels me home town.:rolleyes: So on that basis alone i'm happy.

DaveinGermany 27-08-2013 18:38

Quote:

at least we didn't get beaten:p

Don't get to comfortable with that comment Barrie. :D

Boeing Guy 27-08-2013 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1073180)

Nicley said Dave:hothothot

Barrie Yates 27-08-2013 21:55

Quote:

Must admit I am worried, we are not used to having such a good start to the season:rolleyes:

Boeing Guy 30-08-2013 09:30

Well i for one am praying that David Moyes's record at Anfield does not go unbroken this weekend:D

Barrie Yates 30-08-2013 12:56

At least the United players won't have to wear wooden crucifixes and garlic to keep the Vampire away from them in this game;):p

Boeing Guy 30-08-2013 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1073636)
At least the United players won't have to wear wooden crucifixes and garlic to keep the Vampire away from them in this game;):p

You needn't worry Barrie, we have him safely under lock and key, anyway we haven't needed him this campaign yet. :cool::p:eek:

cashman 30-08-2013 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1073636)

But Liverpool may have to, if the Gypo plays.:D

Barrie Yates 30-08-2013 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1073639)

Was this yours or one of the Don Qixote's thoughts? - original thought would be an improvement:p

cashman 30-08-2013 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1073653)
Was this yours or one of the Don Qixote's thoughts? - original thought would be an improvement:p

I have always thought theres gypsy in him,since he was at everton, as those who have known me a long while will verify,:rolleyes: i have never needed thoughts of any beggar to make me mind up, doubt if you could say the same.:tongueout

Barrie Yates 31-08-2013 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1073639)

You should really take more care in your choice of words - a woman was recently fined for a racial comment using the same word that you posted :rolleyes:

cashman 31-08-2013 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1073790)
You should really take more care in your choice of words - a woman was recently fined for a racial comment using the same word that you posted :rolleyes:

Never mistake me fer somebody that gives a feck.

DaveinGermany 01-09-2013 12:37

Sturridge! ;) :D

cashman 01-09-2013 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1073911)
Sturridge! ;) :D

Yeh but after 1 hour, Uniteds 4-1 up in bookings.:D

cashman 01-09-2013 14:27

All over bar the laughing.:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:: rofl38:

DaveinGermany 01-09-2013 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1073153)
The big one next weekend DinG -sure it will be interesting.;):D

It certainly was. :)

Quote:

at least we didn't get beaten:p

Whoops-a-daisy! :D

Quote:

Ahem! :s_aim1:

Boeing Guy 01-09-2013 14:33

Daivd Moyes made a massive mistake with his team selection today.... shocking, I mean how could you leave Howard Webb out:D

Barrie Yates 01-09-2013 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1073926)
Daivd Moyes made a massive mistake with his team selection today.... shocking, I mean how could you leave Howard Webb out:D

Your post was absolutely spot on - until you ruined it with another of your daft quips.
Sturridge took the one chance he got, in fact the only worthwhile chance in the whole match. Moyes certainly got it wrong at the start and took too long to try and recover. In my eyes Young is a no-no and Giggs should never be in a starting line up, and Nani is long past his sell by date.:confused:
Ah well, that is almost the end of a difficult start, only NN to come and then we can play some of the easy teams. You scousers must be overjoyed - after such a good start you are certainly heading for a European slot at the end of the season - Europa Cup seems a certainty for you;)
Deadwoods off to a real flyer - only 3 Lancashire clubs ahead of them, but how long before VFC or their all knowing adviser SS, screw it up for them.:rolleyes:
Burnley are flying even higher, probably rubbing a bit more salt into the KFC.:)
But what is happening to Stanley? Let us hope that they can get themselves into gear very soon and start piling on some wins and get well away from the bottom three.:alright:
Roll on the next confrontation with the scousers - did hear that the scousers were trying to corner the wholesale market for garlic so that they can sell it to Liverpool's opposition teams when the Vampire returns:rolleyes::D

Barrie Yates 01-09-2013 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1073800)
Never mistake me fer somebody that gives a feck.

So it won't bother you at all if there is a traveller amongst this community who reports you?

The woman has had to pay out over £1400 - obviously you won't mind about having to pay out such a sum, nor the laughter that will ensue:alright:

Boeing Guy 01-09-2013 15:22

Barrie, when your manager says this:
after match interview, pulled off the BBC
Manchester United manager David Moyes: "I thought we played really well. We had long periods of the game but couldn't score. Apart from the lapse in concentration for their goal, we played well.
"We got two or three opportunities but it was unfortunate we didn't take them.
"I thought Danny Welbeck got kicked in the back of the leg, for me it was a penalty.
"Phil Jones went over on his ankle, we don't know how bad it is.
"From what I saw today, I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's the best we've played this season. I wouldn't be worried if I didn't add to the squad."

I have highlighted and underlined the bit I would worry about if I were you.

A year ago we would have lost or at best got a draw, we were a lot better today and are getting better, just like La creme used to be.

I made the joke to bait you, looks like it worked. :D

cashman 01-09-2013 15:42

Is what i said a foreign language to yeh Barrie?:rolleyes: Hard to understand?

DaveinGermany 01-09-2013 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1073934)
Roll on the next confrontation with the scousers - did hear that the scousers were trying to corner the wholesale market for garlic :rolleyes::D

Most certainly are, you forgot the steaks though Barrie, those that the garlics to be smothered over in the exec boxes. :D

Boeing Guy 01-09-2013 18:26

Whos top of the table???

"It wasn't a win but I could see why we were champions." Moyes, he doesn't need wins to be a winner but he is a winner.
What a man!

cashman 02-09-2013 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1073976)
Whos top of the table???

"It wasn't a win but I could see why we were champions." Moyes, he doesn't need wins to be a winner but he is a winner.
What a man!

Now yer being unfair, they are on a Par wi Cardiff n Southampton.:hehetable W1-D1-L1.

Barrie Yates 02-09-2013 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1074058)
Now yer being unfair, they are on a Par wi Cardiff n Southampton.:hehetable W1-D1-L1.

Early doors though, a long way to go. Not an unusual start for us, although it is new ground for the scousers - how long before they are back to their usual level - struggling to get a Europa League place:p And while we are on about poor starts to the season, your lot aren't setting the 2nd Division on fire:bingobang

Boeing Guy 02-09-2013 14:08

Let us not forget the Pool were not their best yesterday yet we still managed to carve out the result against the Manc's.
The team that won the premiership by a mile last season, but of course you have winning manager now, David Moyes is a born winner, you don't need cups to be one.
Looks like Manc can look forward to the Europa League next year.

Last day of the Transfer window and he's after some great Everton players, who are also winners, just like the manager:D

cashman 02-09-2013 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1074079)
And while we are on about poor starts to the season, your lot aren't setting the 2nd Division on fire:bingobang

Ah but NO Stanley fan expects em to set Div2 on fire, Unlike the Prawn Sandwich Brigade, who think they got a goddam right to win everything, They have no concept of what its like to support a proper club n should be pitied.

Barrie Yates 02-09-2013 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1074104)
Ah but NO Stanley fan expects em to set Div2 on fire, Unlike the Prawn Sandwich Brigade, who think they got a goddam right to win everything, They have no concept of what its like to support a proper club n should be pitied.

Pity should be reserved for the sad people whose lives are blighted by the bigotry which they continually spout:tongue:

Barrie Yates 02-09-2013 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1074097)
Let us not forget the Pool were not their best yesterday yet we still managed to carve out the result against the Manc's.
The team that won the premiership by a mile last season, but of course you have winning manager now, David Moyes is a born winner, you don't need cups to be one.
Looks like Manc can look forward to the Europa League next year.

Last day of the Transfer window and he's after some great Everton players, who are also winners, just like the manager:D

We will see, long time to go before the fat lady sings:)

cashman 02-09-2013 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1074108)
Pity should be reserved for the sad people whose lives are blighted by the bigotry which they continually spout:tongue:

True n you got 70000 of em.:D I know well what bigotry means n stand by this comment,

Barrie Yates 02-09-2013 15:27

Just heard that someone has put a bid in for Rhodes - there will be a clause in the contract that he doesn't have to do any chicken adverts:D

Barrie Yates 02-09-2013 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1074112)
True n you got 70000 of em.:D

Do I take it that you haven't looked up the meaning of "bigotry":rolleyes:

cashman 02-09-2013 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1074112)
True n you got 70000 of em.:D I know well what bigotry means n stand by this comment,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1074115)
Do I take it that you haven't looked up the meaning of "bigotry":rolleyes:

Boeing Guy 03-09-2013 06:41

Well now the dust has settled on transfer day I am quite happy, we have got 3 good players in. I as sure the mancs are just as happy, after all they managed to get someone, they may have missed out on on a few but when your a team of winners , managed by a winner himself, you only need players from his old winning club.

I bet Barrie is beside himself with joy....:D

cashman 03-09-2013 07:07

Perhaps Moysies hanging back? His budget only allows fer Loans, A bit like us at Stanley!!:D

Boeing Guy 03-09-2013 07:23

You know Cashy, for a club their size and stature, i was supprised at their behaviour. If I was a plastic, i would be beside myself. It remimds me of the Souness years at the pool. Looks like the party,may soon be over

Eric 03-09-2013 19:54

Well, the drama of the transfer window is all over ... and most of the players "not for sale at any price" have been sold. And now the pampered ballerinas of the EPL take the field for the 2013-2014 version of their soap opera ... all the noise of the WWE with less excitement. Problem is that all we get over here is EPL, no real football like you get in the "lower" leagues.:mad: Meanwhile, my team keeps truckin' along with their best start ever ... or best start in 103 years, whichever sounds better:D

Saskatchewan Roughriders improve to 8-1 for 1st time in franchise history | canada.com

Boeing Guy 04-09-2013 08:31

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTFaLjJCIAIQZsK.jpg

That said, we are playing so bad, we haven't beaten a team above us yet and I very much doubt we will get any points in the next week or so:eek:

Barrie Yates 05-09-2013 16:30

If you lot got your heads out of your nether regions, you might have realised that Moyes, in fact any manager, does not conduct transfer dealings, they just inform the CEO or whoever is responsible for transfer dealings who they would like - such as Shebby the VFC expert. Perhaps CEO at United was one step too far at the wrong time for Woodward, although he did a brilliant job as head of merchandising.
We will see what we will see as the season progresses, and unlike you experts, La Crème supporters don't expect to win every season but we know that we will try our very best, which has proved, in the previous seasons of the PL, to be far better than all the other clubs combined.:p:D

cashman 05-09-2013 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1074517)
La Crème supporters don't expect to win every season but we know that we will try our very best, which has proved, in the previous seasons of the PL, to be far better than all the other clubs combined.:p:D

Being the richest club in England wouldn't be a factor in this success would it?:rolleyes: Nothing wrong wi that, somebody has to be, But what yer saying about the majority of yer supporters is utter balls.:dflam:

Mancie 05-09-2013 20:47

Next the league this next or other and years ago.. Liverpool any the premier. ha ha ha

Boeing Guy 06-09-2013 09:59

I for one am so happy that Manchester United has appointed David Moyes, given him a SIX year contract and allowed him to bring in the most talented coaches and back room staff.

I mean just look at them;
Steve Round, assistant manager, great experience with Steve McClarens England reign, Newcastle and Everton, a true winner.

Chris Woods as Goalkeeping Coach another great steal off Everton

Jimmy Lumsden, been with David 'winning' Moyes since he started his managerial career, need I say more!
and many many more, no wonder the rest of us are quaking.

The experience and stamina he brings is unreal, after all Brendan Rodgers cannot even hope to get near to Davids record of his 11 years of success at Everton.:D

On a side note, nice to have you back Mancie, you have been missed.

Eric 06-09-2013 15:02

Just been reading an article about what's going on at Pompey ... seems like the fans now own the club, and they drew a crowd of 16,000 for their game last weekend ... now that's a great football story ... much better than reading about which foreign prima donna has been bought for a fee that is substantially higher than the GNP of many third world countries. Way to go Pompey:dancedog: And Stanley ... and all the other real football clubs.:alright:

Oh, and real beer too:thepint::thepint::thepint: Ah ... three's enough. It's still morning over here .... I'll drink the rest when the sun is over the yard arm.;)

Boeing Guy 06-09-2013 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1074659)
Oh, and real beer too:thepint::thepint::thepint: Ah ... three's enough. It's still morning over here .... I'll drink the rest when the sun is over the yard arm.;)

Well according to one Senior Cabin Crew friend of mine, he's ex British Airways, Cabin Services Director!, the sun is always over the yardarm somewhere in the world.:alright:

Barrie Yates 06-09-2013 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1074548)
Being the richest club in England wouldn't be a factor in this success would it?:rolleyes: Nothing wrong wi that, somebody has to be, But what yer saying about the majority of yer supporters is utter balls.:dflam:

I will always give credit for your superior knowledge of what is "utter balls" as that is all that you seem to post on this thread:alright:

Barrie Yates 06-09-2013 15:25

Good to see you posting again Mancie - it certainly improves the quality on here. Welcome back:)

Eric 06-09-2013 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1074661)
Well according to one Senior Cabin Crew friend of mine, he's ex British Airways, Cabin Services Director!, the sun is always over the yardarm somewhere in the world.:alright:

In a country the size of ours, it's always over the yardarm somewhere in Canada:dancedog: I can be half cut before Ossykid finishes his cornflakes:D

DaveinGermany 06-09-2013 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1074659)

Fill yer boots Eric! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1074661)
the sun is always over the yardarm somewhere in the world.:alright:

The World my dear Chap? Surely somewhere within our magnificent Empire by jingo? :s_aim1:

Barrie Yates 07-09-2013 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1074621)
I for one am so happy that Manchester United has appointed David Moyes, given him a SIX year contract and allowed him to bring in the most talented coaches and back room staff.

I mean just look at them;
Steve Round, assistant manager, great experience with Steve McClarens England reign, Newcastle and Everton, a true winner.

Chris Woods as Goalkeeping Coach another great steal off Everton

Jimmy Lumsden, been with David 'winning' Moyes since he started his managerial career, need I say more!
and many many more, no wonder the rest of us are quaking.

The experience and stamina he brings is unreal, after all Brendan Rodgers cannot even hope to get near to Davids record of his 11 years of success at Everton.:D

On a side note, nice to have you back Mancie, you have been missed.

Perhaps you could remind me of the honours won by BR and his crew as my grey cells appear to have given up the search for the information:D