Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2011, 06:50   #106
God Member

Re: Open Forum Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I dont actually get what is the point of the PDF though. I downloaded it expecting to get an 8 page document outlining what the club proposed to do in this campaign, what I got were 8 quotes on 8 pages.
I'm not convinced about Rob's quote. I understand why he said it, he probably has one of the most difficult jobs in football because of the situation , and a constant headache from banging his head against the wall, BUT is positivity that difficult to achieve ?

One change and Stanley will have more positivity than they can possibly handle. They will have enough to bottle it, sell it and compete for the Champions League on the proceeds

I can't wait to see Jimmy's 101 ways to support the club. do you reckon it was on off the cuff remark and Coley has made him sit in a corner and write them all out. I think I would struggle to get to double figures. I hope he has copyrighted the book
Old 21-01-2011, 11:58   #107
God Member

Reading some these posts is enough to make you cry.
Here we have a club that so many love and want to help develop in so many ways but, apparently, with one exception - the person who claims to own it.

Stanley needs regime change in the boardroom.

But, and I really don't like to admit to thoughts like this, I fear the club will be forced to sink again before anything changes where it matters. I just hope I'm wrong.

At the moment the team and fans are like the crew and passengers of a ship but it's captain/owner (having already jumped off once) seems willing to see it scuttled.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 12:20   #108
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

The bulk of the views seem to repeat the same feelings, that being the case what can be done ? If you've got a splinter you dig it out with a sharp pin ! So what in this case is the metaphorical pin ? Lawyers, board of enquiry by the FA ? What do you set in motion to dig it out & stop the infection ? Sort that & you're half way to fixing the injury !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 19:39   #109
Senior Member+

got no interest in getting involved while oneill and co remain
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 21:21   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
The bulk of the views seem to repeat the same feelings, that being the case what can be done ? If you've got a splinter you dig it out with a sharp pin ! So what in this case is the metaphorical pin ? Lawyers, board of enquiry by the FA ? What do you set in motion to dig it out & stop the infection ? Sort that & you're half way to fixing the injury !
Well, it's easy for me to agitate from afar, so why not:

back in the mid 1990s, Brighton fans were becoming increasingly upset with their chairman (Bill Archer, I think). They took the fight (peacefully) to him. This included, whilst on an away trip in Lancashire, demonstrations outside his house and the chain of DIY stores he owned. The gruesome twosome appear to lack shame, but perhaps a the threat of a demo and media presence outside businesses with the accompanying embarressment might concentrate peoples minds?

But peacefully.

Maybe with flags, providing of course they are suitably fire retardent...

however, as others have, I note Ilyas' lower profile. I guess he has his reasons and that's fine and I respect that and all he has done for the club. But if the aim is to create room at the top, let's make sure that the person we want to fill it can do.
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 21:52   #111
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BedsRed
however, as others have, I note Ilyas' lower profile.
Ever heard the old saying 'Everything comes to him who waits' ?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 21:59   #112
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Ever heard the old saying 'Everything comes to him who waits' ?
Perfectly true yerself, trouble wi that though tis very hard to get folk to return when they got used to other things.
Old 21-01-2011, 23:00   #113
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Perfectly true yerself, trouble wi that though tis very hard to get folk to return when they got used to other things.
the present club could have some success in winning people back, the team could undoubtedly do that by winning a lot more games. However I would suspect that should Ilyas finally get the keys to the kingdom then that would spur a huge and immediate influx of glory hunters. The team and the Ultras would then have to keep them there
Old 21-01-2011, 23:29   #114
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
the present club could have some success in winning people back, the team could undoubtedly do that by winning a lot more games. However I would suspect that should Ilyas finally get the keys to the kingdom then that would spur a huge and immediate influx of glory hunters. The team and the Ultras would then have to keep them there
agree rob the present team is very fair IMHO, sustaining a long winning run though would be a tough un though, wi small good squad. Ilyas to my mind is the only key to a big improvement.
Old 22-01-2011, 09:04   #115
Super Moderator

Quote:
However I would suspect that should Ilyas finally get the keys to the kingdom then that would spur a huge and immediate influx of glory hunters. The team and the Ultras would then have to keep them there
I'd rather be in the position of attempting to keep the glory hunters who had turned up, rather than the present situation of trying to entice an indifferent and sceptical public who are resolutely staying away. The only way forward is with Ilyas (provided he still wants to be involved!).
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2011, 13:04   #116
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

As you say, Ilyas seems to be the designated saviour, but isn't it expecting a little too much from the man ? It's always coming down to what he can do for the club, maybe he's just as annoyed at the lack of compromise & movement & has decided that his position has been made & that he isn't going to throw more good money after bad.

Let's be honest, wouldn't you feel the same if you were in his position ? There is only so much he or anyone can do & as long as these efforts are rebuked & denigrated personal patience will run out & a declaration of enough is enough will be given. The situation then arises that the fella sits back & tells you to sort your own mess out ! A clear case of biting the hand .........

Some people won't & don't want to learn !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2011, 14:14   #117
God Member

I think the hope is that Ilyas has decided to sit back and let whatever unfolds be, at the right moment, hopefully, he'll step forward again.
Old 23-01-2011, 18:23   #118
bdc

In regards to Ilyas it seems very unlike him to be so quiet recently and hasn't replied to PM's left for him. He is normally the approachable person that we have been seeking. I am glad that the forum was held for fans to ask what questions they wanted to. There did seem to be a few loaded questions asked of Rob Heys.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 18:36   #119

To be honest someone should of told the club theres no point tryin to attract new fans when the existing one get treat like ****e and no body knows who exactly they are giving there money to!

But yet they will smile and say 'come support accy' but then will **** on you behind your back!

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 18:46   #120
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
There did seem to be a few loaded questions asked of Rob Heys.

Not sure what you mean by laoded questions ? Until one issue is resolved either way then the questions will always be the same no matter how many forums they arrange. Unfortunatley until somebody comes out and says something else, then the answers willl always be the same too

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..