Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2011, 17:56   #181
God Member

Re: Open Forum Event

Maybe we should look at a sandwich board person or walk round with big placards like they do in the big smoke for the various attractions.

Joking apart the trailer unit that used to be around would be the perfect thing if something could be implemented into it with being able to change opposition dates & kick off time the beauty of being mobile is it can be moved around.

Or on the Crown Wall but also needs to be something in the centre as well alongside Ossy Mills these are also musts.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-02-2011, 18:08   #182

I hope that the CEO is successful in his approach to the council.

However, my question was "Did anybody see advertising for the Morecambe match around the borough?" That they would be was an assurance given at the Open Forum.

The event at ASDA to-day was a great move,
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:35   #183
God Member

Didn't want to start another thread on the thorny topic of ownership but I found these two articles of interest.
First the problem.
Stanley owner wait delays deals (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Then one possible answer.
BBC - Matt Slater: Fans club together to claim fair share
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 18:36   #184
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Didn't want to start another thread on the thorny topic of ownership but I found these two articles of interest.
First the problem.
Stanley owner wait delays deals (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Then one possible answer.
BBC - Matt Slater: Fans club together to claim fair share

Interesting comment in the Telegraph article. How come players like Jimmy Ryan contract can't be expanded because of the situation but Ian Craney was given an 18 month contract
Old 09-02-2011, 07:42   #185
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Interesting comment in the Telegraph article. How come players like Jimmy Ryan contract can't be expanded because of the situation but Ian Craney was given an 18 month contract
I don't know, but I guess it takes two to sign a contract, and maybe some players are understandably reluctant to commit to a club whose owner(s), whoever they may be, seem unwilling to commit to its future.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:51   #186
Full Member+

Ian Craney's 18-month contract takes him to the end of next season.

Jimmy Ryan currently has a 2-year contract and would expect/deserve at least another 2-year contract when it expires at the end of this season. Maybe the current regime won't sanction any contract beyond the end of next season?
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:54   #187
God Member

Quote:
I don't know, but I guess it takes two to sign a contract, and maybe some players are understandably reluctant to commit to a club whose owner(s), whoever they may be, seem unwilling to commit to its future.
Good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post

Jimmy Ryan currently has a 2-year contract and would expect/deserve at least another 2-year contract when it expires at the end of this season. Maybe the current regime won't sanction any contract beyond the end of next season?
Given his potential even 2 years is probably too short if as expected they want to cash him on him one day
Old 09-02-2011, 11:21   #188
God Member

Quote:

But, I thought that it was signed 18 mths ago???

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:05   #189
Full Member+

Jimmy Ryan, Phil Edwards and Chris Turner all signed two-year deals in June 2009 ... they will expire at the end of this season.

My point was that the current regime may not be committing funds for more than one season at a time.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:22   #190
God Member

My point was that the current regime may not be committing funds for more than one season at a time.[/quote]

There will be some of us who hope that it's because they know they won't be around next season. The current regime, that is, not the club.
The big question is, who goes first - Hosni Mubarrak or the Cardboard Millionaire?
Old 09-02-2011, 12:43   #191
Resting in Peace

Quote:
My point was that the current regime may not be committing funds for more than one season at a time.[/quote]The current regime, that is, not the club.
The big question is, who goes first - Hosni Mubarrak or the Cardboard Millionaire?
Mubarak, unless we organise a protest occupation of the Broadway precinct.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:48   #192

Quote:
Jimmy Ryan, Phil Edwards and Chris Turner all signed two-year deals in June 2009 ... they will expire at the end of this season.

My point was that the current regime may not be committing funds for more than one season at a time.
At the lower end of the Football Leasgue it is very rare for any club to offer more than two year deals. We have had enough players who have suffered long term injuries. Liam, Cavanagh, The defender we signed from Hereford (he hardly played at all) we cant afford to have money tied up in players who cant play. risking money on long term deals could finish us
two year max. But please dont let it drag on so we lose any good young ones.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 17:27   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long time red View Post
The defender we signed from Hereford (he hardly played at all) .
Are you referring to Mr Andy Tretton? How dare you....I'll have you know he played a gargantuan 7 times for us and played a blinder against Ramsbottom in the Lancashire Junior Cup

Seriously if the power struggle is making players question their future at the Crown it's just one more in a long list of reasons to (sorry Macca) "Jog On Don".
Old 09-02-2011, 18:20   #194
God Member

Smile Re: Open Forum Event

Quote:

Sorry Whalley Red Mis-read your post!! 2 year contracts are iffy at our level, but exceptions must always be made, Jimmy Ryan is an exception!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 21:05   #195
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Sorry Whalley Red Mis-read your post!! 2 year contracts are iffy at our level, but exceptions must always be made, Jimmy Ryan is an exception!!
Bang on the nail Joe, Mr Ryan will play at a higher level i have no doubt, just hope its wi stanley.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..