Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2011, 20:41   #151
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Open Forum Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
What is his role now then ?
Think hes still on the board and Managing Director,
Old 25-01-2011, 21:07   #152
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
I come in Giftprint tomorrow I want five polo shirts
There you are, Dave, you've got an order.

PS - He wants "O'Neill and Whalley out" printing on 'em.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 21:10   #153
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
What is his role now then ?
He's starring in "How To Win Friends And Influence People"
Old 25-01-2011, 21:11   #154
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
There you are, Dave, you've got an order.

PS - He wants "O'Neill and Whalley out" printing on 'em.
The printing will be free
Old 25-01-2011, 21:16   #155
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
If 51% means you own it then yes,but if hes not interested in the day to day running of the club and has no active part in any of the decision, which come from the board or Rob what can he do..
So EW doesn't get any income from it? He don't have to do the day to day that's what robs there for but does bet he still has a say in what's going on with the day to day

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 21:50   #156
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
So EW doesn't get any income from it? He don't have to do the day to day that's what robs there for but does bet he still has a say in what's going on with the day to day
So what income do you think EW gets from the club SM, and how long do you think Rob would last if he was leting EW have a say in the day to day of the club if Ilyas thought that!! lets not foreget that its Robs chance and may be his only chance to prove to Ilyas that he is the right man in the job, and i cant see Rob wanting to jeopardize his position. IMHO
Old 25-01-2011, 22:21   #157
Member.

Part of the problem with Stanley is that it’s never taken itself seriously, it been too accepting of tat and make-do policies in the past and a something will turn up attitude to the future of the club; this is an attitude that pre dates the current club and still haunts all of us today.

Nothing less than a full on engagement with the community and a substantial inward investment into its infrastructure will do if Stanley is to remain a viable asset to anyone.
We have had to very good seasons under Coley working with a minimum budget, that clearly can’t go on if supporters are staying away and the business community won’t invest in the club with the two aforementioned gentlemen insitu.

Maybe it’s time to take a different approach, maybe if some of the community’s Key Businesses with an interest in the club; along with supportive elements of the council where to form a delegation and took the message directly to the board that there is a total lack of faith in the current establishment, maybe someone may wake up.

Failing that; form another SOS campaign and buy them out

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 05:08   #158
God Member

Quote:
Something Jimmy or John said at the forum made me wonder. I think it was Jimmy that said they didn't know of any bitterness from the fans following the SOS appeal.

Does this mean Accyweb is not representative of the fans ? Some people we speak to at the shop who are Stanley season ticket holders don't have a good word to say about what happened then and is still happening, yet they aren't Accyweb members. Are they in the minority as well ?

So do people at the top really know the true feelings of fans, after all there has never been a presence to tell them otherwise, or are people who post on here really just the minority who feel things aren't right. ?
Must admit when I asked the question I felt uneasy with the answers

I think regardless of if they read the messageboard or not they must now have understood some of the depth of feeling towards what has gone on, certainly after the forum.

There are bigger questions that we perhaps can pose but whether we get the answers to those I am not sure?

I suppose something Mab has posted makes you think we are on the outside looking in what must it be like on the inside looking out?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 05:18   #159
God Member

Taking on some of Doug's points you can also be in a system that means you can become over streched in staffing terms and perhaps just end up fire fighting on a day to day basis?

Who would support an SOS campaign?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 06:12   #160
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Part of the problem with Stanley is that it’s never taken itself seriously, it been too accepting of tat and make-do policies in the past and a something will turn up attitude to the future of the club; this is an attitude that pre dates the current club and still haunts all of us today.

Nothing less than a full on engagement with the community and a substantial inward investment into its infrastructure will do if Stanley is to remain a viable asset to anyone.
We have had to very good seasons under Coley working with a minimum budget, that clearly can’t go on if supporters are staying away and the business community won’t invest in the club with the two aforementioned gentlemen insitu.

Maybe it’s time to take a different approach, maybe if some of the community’s Key Businesses with an interest in the club; along with supportive elements of the council where to form a delegation and took the message directly to the board that there is a total lack of faith in the current establishment, maybe someone may wake up.

Failing that; form another SOS campaign and buy them out
Not much anybody can add to that
Old 26-01-2011, 12:52   #161
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Who would support an SOS campaign?

How about this for a novel idea. You give the club some money and they give you a share, bit like actually owning a stake in the club. Then if there's enough people owning these small stakes they could call it something like a community club. Bit far fetched da ya reckon ?
Old 26-01-2011, 13:48   #162
God Member

Quote:
... You give the club a bit of money and they give you a share, bit like actually owning a stake in the club. Then if there's enough people owning these small stakes they could call it something like a community club. Bit far fetched da ya reckon ?
or try ... you could give the club a lot of money and they give you a share, bit like actually owning a stake in the club - except that it isn't cos your share wasn't a share it was a share package which isn't actually a share cos it was never registered
Old 26-01-2011, 14:39   #163
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
or try ... you could give the club a lot of money and they give you a share, bit like actually owning a stake in the club - except that it isn't cos your share wasn't a share it was a share package which isn't actually a share cos it was never registered
well i must be totally stupid, cos that to me is a Criminal Offence? Deception? or did i have a bad dream.?
Old 26-01-2011, 15:30   #164
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
or try ... except that it isn't cos your share wasn't a share it was a share package which isn't actually a share cos it was never registered

Is that what happened with the (in)famous share issue that DonGon pulled eighteen months ago?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 16:34   #165
God Member

We've all been fooled and continuously fooled by the cardboard owner and his twin and will always try to fool us! It's still happening all under handed of course they honestly think we're stupid. Think those that bought shares get together and pressurise them to get it registered wonder if trading standards apply to footy clubs ???

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..