Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2017, 19:57   #226

Re: Who ate all the pies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Normally made next week. also Fishy is slang Abbreviation for official.
Thought that must be what was meant just didnt get the fishy bit

Cheers Boys
cashman likes this.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-03-2017, 21:23   #227
Super Moderator

Had my first Pukka Pie today - peppered steak. Truly a prince amongst pies! Well done, Stanley, on procuring these excellent comestibles!
keep the faith likes this.
Old 25-03-2017, 22:16   #228
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Had my first Pukka Pie today - peppered steak. Truly a prince amongst pies! Well done, Stanley, on procuring these excellent comestibles!
Welcome home buddy!! I had one too v good!
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 25-03-2017, 22:59   #229
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Welcome home buddy!! I had one too v good!
Cheers, mate. A good afternoon, but too soddin' cold for me. See you soon.
Old 25-03-2017, 23:18   #230
Senior Member+

Quote:
Steve !....I am still eructating from the few bites I took from this afternoons aberration of being persuaded by Alfred.E ( who is back again to annoy me !) to purchase one of Pukka Pies Meat and Potato offerings.
I have described the offending comestible on the Grimsby thread in some detail. However I am glad that you discovered some delight in the Pie which you purchased.

Sorry to have missed you this afternoon !.

KTF.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 08:39   #231
Super Moderator

On this subject, Alan, we will have to agree to differ. Hope to run in to you and Alfred E. soon!
Old 27-03-2017, 11:02   #232

Quote:
Can't wait to give them a try and offer my opinion Wyn. Looking forward to standing with you and the rest of the lads as soon as the "gammy leg" allows.
Wynonie Harris and cashman like this.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 12:44   #233
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
Can't wait to give them a try and offer my opinion Wyn. Looking forward to standing with you and the rest of the lads as soon as the "gammy leg" allows.
Your place is ready and waiting for you, mate. As for Pukka Pies, I await your opinion with interest!
Old 27-03-2017, 15:25   #234
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Your place is ready and waiting for you, mate. As for Pukka Pies, I await your opinion with interest!
KTF will eat any owd crap.
Old 27-03-2017, 15:46   #235
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Who ate all the pies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
DONT DO IT !
KTF...at the risk of being accused of losing the Club a little much-needed revenue, think again !.

KTF.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 07:56   #236
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
Anyway despite the catering I'll be back tomorrow!!!
and me. stanley do have something in common with most league and top non league clubs that catering is poor and expensive. a lot of grounds however are closer to town centres where there are plenty of other places to eat and drink at normal prices. grimsby, bradford, stockport, hartlepool for a start. stanley really have a captive audiance especially for away fans as drinking points and eateries are a bit thin on the ground around the crown. for this reason in my eyes is common sense to improve on the facilities as much as the club is able to do.

Last edited by Neil; 28-03-2017 at 09:56. Reason: fix quote
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 08:19   #237
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
and me. stanley do have something in common with most league and top non league clubs that catering is poor and expensive. a lot of grounds however are closer to town centres where there are plenty of other places to eat and drink at normal prices. grimsby, bradford, stockport, hartlepool for a start. stanley really have a captive audiance especially for away fans as drinking points and eateries are a bit thin on the ground around the crown. for this reason in my eyes is common sense to improve on the facilities as much as the club is able to do.
Common sense and Stanley??? I just had to fill a form in yesterday and provide I.D. to renew a concession season ticket. Wham must think pensioners get younger? utterly STUPID IMHO.

Last edited by Neil; 28-03-2017 at 10:01. Reason: fix quote
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 08:45   #238
God Member

I'm just thinking, after the dark days not so long ago when we were on our bad run & some were talking about the 'R' word being a real possibility - thank goodness our biggest worry now with 8 games still to play is whether Pukka pies are suitable replacements for Hollands
yonmon and Lord Stiffupperlip like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 08:50   #239
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Only those with a low I.Q. were talking about the "R" word being a possibility! every clubs got em.
Old 28-03-2017, 12:46   #240
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Only those with a low I.Q. were talking about the "R" word being a possibility! every clubs got em.
although we were playing well in parts earlier we were not scoring and giving the odd goal a game away relagation could have been a possibility. the phrase, we,re too good to go down, has been used many time before this season by others and will certainly be heard again.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..