Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2013, 07:41   #466

Re: Christian Science

Do we take it from Mr. K99WARD's comments that he has been a member of other forums? Wonder which and what about. He's a bit of a human sort of oxymoron (with or without the oxy) such a do-gooder Christian on the one hand and so vicious on the other. Quite nasty at times as a matter-of-fact.....
....and before you correct me K99 I DO know what oxymoron really means....
jaysay likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 13-11-2013, 08:39   #467
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
Hi Barry,

I don't think that we have spoken before. I have answered question a. before but as it is such a large thread thanks mainly to the interest of all you Accringtonians I will do so again. b. and c. Are in a similar vein.

Man is born in sin. Although 'man' is singular we are all affected. It is the reason why Jesus had to be born supernaturally. Otherwise he would have been a sinner too and unable to offer himself as the one perfect sacrifice to atone for those sins. It is God's demand that a blood sacrifice be offered for sin. In the Old Testament there were animal sacrifices but the problem was they had to be offered time and time again for each new sin. God solved that by sending his son to die in our stead as the one perfect sacrifice for all our sins but it does require us to put our trust in him.

That is the background. Now for the answers. God gives us free will. Unfortunately it does mean that he doesn't intervene as a rule in MAN'S sin. He has been known to but only in exceptional cases. For example I don't think we would have won WWII had it not been for his intervention causing the enemy to make horrendous mistakes. This pattern can be seen in the Old Testament too.

Remember that it is man's sin and not God's.

b. and c. really have the same answers. This may not be the answer you would like but it is the truth and if man doesn't repent of his sin he will perish.
The usual load of platitudes. How many of the members various religious orders have committed cruel and unnatural acts against children and then been absolved by the leaders of the particular orders - don't tell me that they will finish up in hell or purgatory unless you can give a location for these two places - must be a very large place. Likewise, where is heaven, or paradise or nirvana?
I note that you still remain anonymous - makes me wonder what you are trying to hide. If you are attempting to promulgate the Word of God surely you should be proud to let everyone know who you are - unless you are a troll or a perv
jaysay and Boeing Guy like this.
Old 13-11-2013, 08:39   #468
Full Member+

Dictionary definition of BIGOT : A person who is obstinately or Intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred or intolerance. K99 to a T I think.
Less and Big Dave like this.
Old 13-11-2013, 11:38   #469
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Let's not be precipitate about this ... think of AccyWeb as a village ... a place where everyone knows everyone else ... we may not all be friends; but we are a community. Now, what every village needs is a village idiot. We now have Kevin. Hi Kevin. Of course, in the next transfer window, we might be tempted to sell him to Knuzden.
Excuse me my overseas friend but I am the AccyWeb village idiot although at the moment this place is more like an asylum than a village.

Can't believe all the reports at the moment about one member. Who cares if he believes in God, the tooth fairy of whatever, reporting a member and then doing the exact same things you report him for is just stupidity, thread wondering, threatening behaviour, space wasting you are all doing it by replying to to goad him, just who is doing the trolling here?

A few of you need to grow up and act like adults for once!!
Alan Varrechia likes this.

Last edited by Neil; 13-11-2013 at 11:51. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 13-11-2013, 11:40   #470
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Dictionary definition of BIGOT : A person who is obstinately or Intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred or intolerance. K99 to a T I think.
Oh please don't you start as well, you are one of the sensible ones on here.

Are the ones abusing him not also bigots because they are intolerant of his opinions?
Old 13-11-2013, 12:09   #471
Senior Member+

He's told us his opinion. Now we are just requesting that he stops bible bashing us.
Less, Boeing Guy, Eric and 1 others like this.
Old 13-11-2013, 12:25   #472
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
He's told us his opinion. Now we are just requesting that he stops bible bashing us.
Many of the responses have been rude and insulting and posted just to try and get a negative response, that is trolling and we don't need it on this site.

If you could see some of the reported posts you would laugh at the irony of them - obviously I will not mention names but how several members can report an abusive post one minute and abuse another member next is just wrong.
Restless likes this.
Old 13-11-2013, 12:46   #473
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Many of the responses have been rude and insulting and posted just to try and get a negative response, that is trolling and we don't need it on this site.

If you could see some of the reported posts you would laugh at the irony of them - obviously I will not mention names but how several members can report an abusive post one minute and abuse another member next is just wrong.
Chocolate fire guard anyone?
jaysay and Boeing Guy like this.
Old 13-11-2013, 12:47   #474
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Please don't knock housework, dotti. How would we ever manage without the little woman as helpmeet? I am not a women's libber. I have seen their rise and the fall of man and just look at the marriage statistics.
Pass the sick bag somebody.
jaysay, Boeing Guy, Eric and 1 others like this.
Old 13-11-2013, 12:51   #475
Resting In Peace

Quote:
One thing I particularly like about the Accrington web is that you are all good spellers. You must have had good teachers at school, but for whatever reason keep it up. Some web forums (or should it be fori) are a tribute to lax teaching.

I think it's fora actually. Posted by one of Accyweb's resident spelling and grammar Nazis. Can't help it I just am.
Old 13-11-2013, 12:54   #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Are you for real, K99? Let’s get a couple of things straight.
First of all, God didn’t create me – I was not some Immaculate Conception. According to what my mother told me I was my dad’s birthday present to her. She said to him ‘it’s my birthday next week what are you going to give me?’ and 9 months later I came along……enough said!
Secondly, I object to the ‘little woman’ tag – I am nobody’s ‘little woman’.
Thirdly, you come across as an egotistical bigot, did you think that only a Christian woman would be worthy to be your wife? Being a Christian doesn’t mean that person is better than someone of another religion – or (dare I say) no religion at all.
As a matter-of-fact my husband (of almost 57 years I might add) thinks I’m the best thing that has happened since sliced bread – I’ve told him this so often that now he really believes it!!!!!
And while we’re at it, you really do have a big opinion of yourself which doesn’t gel with being a humble servant, etc., etc…..
…and last but not least, please do me a favour and DON’T be interested in me.
Hi dotti,

You really are a scream. You will be quoting me the facts of life next. My mother found me under a gooseberry bush. She swore it hand on the bible. I had no idea that Accrington folks had so much steam inside them. If you are right about your existence that I would like to ask you a couple of questions.

1. Who were Adam's father and mother?

2. Who were Eve's father and mother?

No doubt I shall get some fancy wisecrack but I shall expect a proper answer from our dotti.

As for having a big ego I can only say that my dad is bigger than your dad. Lol
Old 13-11-2013, 12:56   #477
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Chocolate fire guard anyone?
What do you want me to do, delete all the off topic posts and 3 day ban everyone involved for trolling/being abusive/breaking rules?

I can do that but it's not how it usually works on here, a bit of slack is expected and given but when it goes to far the slack has to be wound back in.
Old 13-11-2013, 13:03   #478
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What do you want me to do, delete all the off topic posts and 3 day ban everyone involved for trolling/being abusive/breaking rules?

I can do that but it's not how it usually works on here, a bit of slack is expected and given but when it goes to far the slack has to be wound back in.
So everyone is wrong except for the newbie?
Doing nothing would have been better than commenting on it, now watch him come on with a feeling he is untouchable, he's already bragged about what he's done to other sites and now you've given him the go ahead to do the same on here!

R.I.P. AccyWeb.
Boeing Guy and Barrie Yates like this.
Old 13-11-2013, 13:08   #479
Resting In Peace

Quote:

That is the background. Now for the answers. God gives us free will. Unfortunately it does mean that he doesn't intervene as a rule in MAN'S sin. He has been known to but only in exceptional cases. For example I don't think we would have won WWII had it not been for his intervention causing the enemy to make horrendous mistakes. This pattern can be seen in the Old Testament too.

Remember that it is man's sin and not God's.
So what makes "us" so special? Aren't the enemy Christians too? OR at least men? Doesn't god love all men? using the term in the sense of human beings. Why this selective and patronising attitude in certain cases. If God has given me free will even though I'm an atheist I choose it to stay away from people like you and reject such attitudes. Please don't report me for rudeness to you, "people like you" here means your fellow Christians and what you believe. My mind is still boggling at what you said about WWII. It's worse than some of Margaret R's conspiracy theories. Maybe she has one to explain it. Can't be worse than your Christian idea.
Old 13-11-2013, 13:18   #480

I prefer On the Origin of Species by Darwin to the bible.
Boeing Guy and susie123 like this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..