Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2011, 20:48   #76
God Member

Re: Season Tickets - 2011/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister Onymfo View Post
If appear (ahem) somewhat narked it is because people seem oblivious to the fact that the club needs millions of pounds to run at this level, and the level has a good chance of being another notch higher next season. If we aren't prepared to pay for it then who are we expecting to pay for it?
Millions of pounds at this level - what leagues do they have in brazil we are still league 2 atm, & with proper sound careful running of the finances I'm sure we'll do ok without having to jump to premiership levels yet we're not league 1 yet lol let's not count chickens too soon before hatched.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2011, 20:50   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I think the biggest complaint on this thread is the clubhouse charge not the season ticket price.
I think you must be, apart from me, the only one who has sussed this... too much hot air on here from people who will eventually pay up for the increased season ticket anyway.

As you say, the underlying argument is the excessive premium to be able to drink in our clubhouse before, & during the game.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 20:55   #78

Quote:
I am asking where are the people who turned up when entry was subsidised. Not the 1600 regulars or those who give their heart and soul, both past and present. I'm having ago at those who only come near the place when there is something in it for them.

Surely everyone can see that the club cannot afford to give away entry into the ground. The season tickets have been underpriced for far too long. When we play well people come and some come back. When we subsidise matches people don't return once the cheap deal is over
They are not reading this, for sure!!
Old 07-04-2011, 20:59   #79
Senior Member+

I am sure MRT will tell them as he is looking NOW ! Strange he is not replying ?
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 21:06   #80

My earlier atrempt at maths wasn't too great but if you will:-

We probably have a squad over the season of 26 players if for instance they are all on minimum wage

52 weeks x 40 hours x 26 x £6.25?

= £338,000 (this is a totally unrealistically low level)

managers and assistants at league two level will be on a minimum of £80,00 for the pair so

=£80,000

I don't know how many backroom staff we have but just look in the front of the program:-

doctor, physio, security, stewards, groundsman, shop staff, office staff, gate people, fifty-fifty draw sellers, gold bond draw sellers, commercial, youthteam staff, community staff

I once read we employ 100+ staff (average of £6.25 per hour)

the pitch had £70,000 spent on it as a special case but needs fertilising rotovating sanding etc on a regular basis

£30,000 on seats one season,

£30,000 on the temporary away end

Electric bill will be about £15000

Water Bill ? 5-10K?

Outstanding debt and interest

Away accomodation for say 15 away games for John Jim and 1st team Squad @ (cheap room £29)

Stanley do it by halves and I bet we spend well over £1 million easily, remember none of the squad will be on £6.25 per hour

Last edited by Minister Onymfo; 07-04-2011 at 21:08. Reason: typo
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 21:07   #81

wow, what an incredible amount of feedback. One thing i can promise is that Rob and his team at the club take very seriously the feedback here.

I wont comment on the season ticket package, other than to say that I believe the club will be responsive to feedback and that we accept that we must be open to suggestions.

What I would like to say is that on the basis of the time I have been involved, every single penny of income that supplements the footy league money is of great value. If the total cost of running a club is well in excess of £1m, and possibly closer to £1.2million, then the season ticket sales, as well as gate receipts in general, are critical. In our case we have not been able to get as much other sponsorship and help from the community as we would have liked, but I do hope that as many of you as possible will be thinking of the season ticket as an investment in our collective future. I can also promise you that not a penny of the revenue we receive is going into the pocket of shareholders in any form. No loan repayments or salaries or fees or commissions. Clearly the club still needs help from me in order to make the sums add up, but a nice sale of season tickets is really quite important to our situation. I guess I am stating the obvious, but given the wide range of opinions being expressed I thought it only fair to acknowledge that Rob and his team certainly dont ignore the comments. cheers
Ilyas
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 21:13   #82
Senior Member+

Have the staff been payed yet Ilyas ?
Old 07-04-2011, 21:13   #83
Super Moderator

Think the club are caught between two stools here. Put the prices up and people (especially "casuals") will be reluctant to come. Don't put the prices up and carry on running up debts. As Mr Kitch has said though, fifty quid for the privilege of spending money in our own club is a bit rich...and I predict that this idea will be quietly dropped (and you know how accurate my predictions are!).
Old 07-04-2011, 21:15   #84
God Member

Quote:
I don't know how many backroom staff we have but just look in the fron of the program:-

stewards - Paid in washers

fifty-fifty draw sellers - voluntary helpers,

gold bond draw sellers - probably commision based,

community staff - Totally independent of the club, not even based there.
The reality is even if Stanley sold out the home end it would never be anywhere near surviving on gate money. It's the commercial side which is the key issue, and one which has been compromised with previous poor relationship from the club to it's partners
Old 07-04-2011, 21:16   #85

hello David. I cant answer the question with a definite yes, but to the best of my understanding (and i will know for certain by close of play on Monday), all of the previous month's staff salaries should be cleared, as should a large amount of trade creditors, as well the critical HMRC payments that were leading to bailiff calls. I also think that the current month (ie salaries due in april) will be paid up by the end of next week. Does that answer your question ?
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 21:18   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
hello David. I cant answer the question with a definite yes, but to the best of my understanding (and i will know for certain by close of play on Monday), all of the previous month's staff salaries should be cleared, as should a large amount of trade creditors, as well the critical HMRC payments that were leading to bailiff calls. I also think that the current month (ie salaries due in april) will be paid up by the end of next week. Does that answer your question ?
Thankyou Ilyas
Old 07-04-2011, 21:21   #87

I think if you buy a season ticket you should get free entrance anyway and if you want to make it a members lounge charge say £25 thats not £1 a match including cup games. God I never go and I'd pay that like its been said earlier some other clubs charge for entrance into their clubhouses but a members lounge sounds a good idea.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 21:23   #88

Thanks Mr K for your comments.
Although we all are thankful for everything you have done for us & the club,I hope that you, as as business man, will be able to convince your co-directors, that putting a premium on use of the bar is a bit of a daft idea.
Old 07-04-2011, 21:26   #89
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Evening Ilyas,and thank you for coming on the forum and posting Is it possible for you to ask that the dead line for early bird prices be extended to say mid to end of may so it gives my self as well as others time to save the extra £ needed to cove the rise in season tickets,
Old 07-04-2011, 21:28   #90
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
In our case we have not been able to get as much other sponsorship and help from the community
Understandable considering the issues that have been surrounding the club over the last couple of years. But surely the new situation must make the club much more attractive to potential sponsors and the commercial staff should be going out into the local community and pushing that to maximum effect?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..