Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2013, 08:46   #1
Senior Member+

I want to know ....

... if DAV007 and others calling for the dismissal of the manager will be there on Saturday giving 100% support to the players - and manager, and staff. Or will they be there - but outside the ground with their 'Richardson Out' placards? Come on - tell us please.
mab likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2013, 08:54   #2
Senior Member+

Re: I want to know ....

You could fill the stadium, everyone shouting and cheering but as the manager isnt upto it, it wont make much difference.
Support the club, support the team, but dont support blind naivety.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 09:08   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
You could fill the stadium, everyone shouting and cheering but as the manager isnt upto it, it wont make much difference.
you'd be better of stopping away then, if your not 110% behind every aspect of the club
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 09:19   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Any chance of you answering the question?
mab likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 09:28   #5
Resting in Peace

Does anybody know who this gadgy is
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 09:47   #6
Senior Member+

Yes.
Why cant some of you admit, the style of football has been dire since Cook left
Old 19-02-2013, 12:44   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Does anybody know who this gadgy is
I've no idea who he ( or possibly SHE ?) is either. However from his rather forthright posts I feel certain that he is not a 'gadgy' ( a north-eastern expression for a gypsy..or worse still their expression for 'a grumpy old gentleman who chases children' !)...
Or perhaps you choose to use the term as a shortened version of 'Gadget-whore'?..now there's a term to conjure with !!...roughly translated as :-

'A person who has an abundance of gadgets many of which create more of an inconvenience than convenience. This person will usually pay an exorbitant amount for a gadget/service to replace the burden of thinking about simple chores or using common sense.'.....not very likely in DAV's case I'll be bound !.
Or perhaps you might, without insulting DAV,feel able to enlighten us all with a definition of your own construction which might intellectually satisfy our readers ?.
Can I in passing remind you of the advice which you proffered to mein another thread ...
'
always using the yard stick if you can't say anything nice about a person better to keep your gob shut '.
Of course this doesn't mean that I agree with his blinkered opinions or that I don't join with Revived Red in his challenge made to 007 !.... The Reds are between a rock and a hard place and no mistake !!.... but a destruction of the status quo at this juncture would in MY opinion do little but harm the chances of Accrington Stanley remaining as a Football League Team..... A change in fortune and the run of the ball will !... ...I hope !!.

stanley convert likes this.

Last edited by yonmon; 19-02-2013 at 12:51.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 13:25   #8

You do make me laugh Mr Yonmon
Old 19-02-2013, 14:54   #9

Town win and untied then he be happy
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 15:52   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes.
Why cant some of you admit, the style of football has been dire since Cook left
You still cannot answer the question put to you. And no-one on this site is saying the football is not dire or the circumstances are not dire, but rather than be negative about the team and management, try being positive towards them. The feel good factor from the TRUE supporters will help the club regardless of where the club ends up at the end of this season.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 16:11   #11
Senior Member+

clearly Ozzy you dont understand what the word 'yes' means.
Old 19-02-2013, 16:20   #12
Senior Member+

ozzy outback - will you be there on saturday wearing a blindfold alongside the others with their heads in the sand?

Its very important the forum gets to know.
According to revived red and jaysay, going on Saturday determines if you have a valid argument.
Old 19-02-2013, 18:45   #13
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
ozzy outback - will you be there on saturday wearing a blindfold alongside the others with their heads in the sand?

Its very important the forum gets to know.
According to revived red and jaysay, going on Saturday determines if you have a valid argument.
I'll be there on saturday in my usual seat next to the home dug out!! And shaking Leams hand pryer to him signing the teamsheet for GtG My self im a 100% behind Leam and the team.I'm proud to support my team through thick and thin .on stanley on.
Greeny, smobile and Dazzagee like this.
Old 19-02-2013, 18:56   #14
Senior Member+

Davo,you never answered my previous question on why you think Leams not upto it and what would you have done differently?If its purely down to results,then cookys first 19 games yielded 3 wins,was he also not upto it?.
I suspect now you have an hidden agenda ,resulting in the changing of the management team,and for the comment regarding the players not behind leam,that's bu--s--t,and whoever s told you that is telling porkies.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 20:07   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Davo,you never answered my previous question on why you think Leams not upto it and what would you have done differently?If its purely down to results,then cookys first 19 games yielded 3 wins,was he also not upto it?.
I suspect now you have an hidden agenda ,resulting in the changing of the management team,and for the comment regarding the players not behind leam,that's bu--s--t,and whoever s told you that is telling porkies.
No agenda other than Stanley staying in the league,
as I have said numerous times, Leam is a nice bloke but is the wrong person at the wrong time for the Stanley job.
The results prove this to be correct.

I base my opinion on facts, under Leam's leadership we are heading towards relegation.

Dont let facts get in the way of your agenda.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..