Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2009, 00:09   #406
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Forced Vaccinations

Could you imagine life suffering a major break down on his computer, diverting from this thread and asking for help?

After ranting about how this is only because MI5 or the other one are trying to silence him.

Would anyone actually want to help him repair his P.C.?
Accrington Web
Old 15-10-2009, 05:10   #407
Resting in Peace

"Life" with all these conspiracy theories and tails of woe

"Good Grief. can we ban laughter and smiling as well. please"

does this quote ring any bells
Old 15-10-2009, 08:53   #408
Resting in Peace

In a way you have really to feel sorry for the poor chap, when he was a kid he was probable always the last to be picked for the football team in the playground, then they'd shove him in the goals, or a loner stood in the corner of the playground with all the girls laughing at him calling him a nerd or a geek (if he wasn't then he is now) Its only with the onset of the Internet that people like Life have found a purpose in HIS life trying to scare the crap out of the rest of us with his tales from the dark side (I never liked sci fi much anyway) To be quite honest if I had the same outlook as this guy I'd chomped on a cyanide pill a long time ago. So Life do us all a favour crawl back under your stone up Fern Gore and leave the rest of use to get on with our mundane lives young man
Old 15-10-2009, 11:19   #409

Jaysay - your last post was out of order, there was no need for such insults especially as you don't even know Life's personal history. He, like us all, is entitled to his opinion, and reading his thread he seems very passionate about his subject, which isn't a bad thing as most people don't even seem to care whats happening in the world. Of course you can disagree with his theories, but please no nasty personnel comments.
Old 15-10-2009, 12:08   #410
Give, give, give member

After reading all this I've had enough of Life.

(Departs to start licking the smoke alarm.)

Old 15-10-2009, 12:25   #411
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
In a way you have really to feel sorry for the poor chap, when he was a kid he was probable always the last to be picked for the football team in the playground, then they'd shove him in the goals, or a loner stood in the corner of the playground with all the girls laughing at him calling him a nerd or a geek (if he wasn't then he is now) Its only with the onset of the Internet that people like Life have found a purpose in HIS life trying to scare the crap out of the rest of us with his tales from the dark side (I never liked sci fi much anyway) To be quite honest if I had the same outlook as this guy I'd chomped on a cyanide pill a long time ago. So Life do us all a favour crawl back under your stone up Fern Gore and leave the rest of use to get on with our mundane lives young man
Are you expressing a THEORY here?

Old 15-10-2009, 12:29   #412
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Mods have better things to do than write down a list of what topics you can and cannot make threads on. Life continues to use this thread as a platform to air his fringe views and hurl insult at the non-belivers. It wouldn't be acceptable if every member of the forum used their own individual thread which they kept bumping with nonsense - it would make Accringtonweb completely unreadable. Having reasoned debate is one thing, posting reams and reams of conspiracy theory is another thing altogether.

We must of course remember that Life hasn't been a contributing member of the forum and suddenly found something interesting on the internet that he wishes to show us. He has come to Accringtonweb in order to show us his theories or rather ram them down our throats.
Insults are thrown at him, No mention of that, Insults get thrown at me, no mention of this either. (from the none believers)

Like you can say what can and cannot be posted (Obvious some things cannot (Using common sense)). If it got to that stage happen there would be even less members posting/joining.

I still dont see what your problem is, So what he has made one thred with his thoughts on, I see that as better than making lots of different threds?

Same could be said for all the policical threds, I couldnt care about them, Why is there so many, why are they ok and ONE little thred isnt.

I dont think life has just stumbled across something on the internet, Have you looked at his OWN site (I presume its his) you can see he has done a lot of reasearch and actually wrote to MP'S (Greg Pope) (Political part just for you).

He also mentions he has made flyers up and spread them aound. In Accrington, He Is local and IMO has every right to post on Accrington Web.
Old 15-10-2009, 12:38   #413
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
probable always the last to be picked for the football team in the playground, then they'd shove him in the goals,
think you're mistaking life for me Actually I dont like football, never have & it was defence they put me in
Old 15-10-2009, 13:02   #414
God Member

You may not like Life's views but it's the most posted-on thread for weeks. 400+ posts so far.

It baffles me when people don't like the thread, or more importantly the poster, the easiest way to get rid of it is to ignore it and let it fizzle to the bottom of the page and no one will bother with it any more. Instead people keep posting about how much they hate it all being there so it stays at the top and gives more opportunity for counter arguments.

Personally, I think Life's views are a bit extreme but who's to say that there isn't a kernal of truth in some of the things he's trying to say and that perhaps, just perhaps, we should listen and weed out the bits that might make sense.

Two things always cross my mind when I hear these stories and I hear people dismissing them without thinking about them

1. Wasn't there a time when the finest scientists in the world thought that the world was flat?
2. Wasn't there a time when smoking was promoted as being healthy?

Just a thought that the scientists could get it wrong and that sometimes, even when they know the facts they choose to hide them from the population.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Old 15-10-2009, 13:17   #415
Beacon of light

I agree with Gayle's Post 100%.........it has stirred up a lot of interest.
There are a variety of opinions, all of them valid to the person who holds them.
We know less than 1% about the world in which we live........and scientists are like a donkey in a field....they like to hear themsleves bray....and they like other people to take notice of their braying.

If life has caused anyone to think about any of the topics that he has posted links to(even if folk have considered them, and dismissed them as conspiracy/nonsense) then he has done a decent job of getting folk to use their brains.

While I consider his views extreme, and the way he has promoted his passion to let us all know about the dangers that he perceives us all to be in, to be misguided.....(has he never heard of the phrase 'softly, softly catchee monkey') I think he has caused some mental activity in members on the forum.

I will post no more to this thread.
Old 15-10-2009, 15:57   #416
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
Jaysay - your last post was out of order, there was no need for such insults especially as you don't even know Life's personal history. He, like us all, is entitled to his opinion, and reading his thread he seems very passionate about his subject, which isn't a bad thing as most people don't even seem to care whats happening in the world. Of course you can disagree with his theories, but please no nasty personnel comments.
Kittykat Read the all bloody thread then you may understand why I made my post, he's not passionate he's a exhibitionist that likes people to listen to him, nobody else's opinions count because he he's always right, or so he thinks

I'm now following Rindi and Margaret P amen to this fool

Last edited by jaysay; 15-10-2009 at 16:00.
Old 15-10-2009, 16:12   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post

1. Wasn't there a time when the finest scientists in the world thought that the world was flat?
2. Wasn't there a time when smoking was promoted as being healthy?
in answer to that,

1/ No they didn't if you check even Columbus knew the world was round,

How did Christopher Columbus come to believe the Earth was not flat?

2/ Yes, and it keeps me calm when answering weirdo idiots, but wasn't there also a time when mercury, and then radiation, where claimed to be 'cure alls'?

At the moment so far as smoking is concerned, hopefully, those of us smoking now will be the last generation to fall foul of it, So let us cough ourselves to death in peace.

P.S. why on Earth are you, as a so called intelligent women taking the side of a freerange nutter, surely we don't need such guff confusing the real world that you once attempted to represent?
Old 15-10-2009, 16:24   #418

Quote:
It baffles me when people don't like the thread, or more importantly the poster, the easiest way to get rid of it is to ignore it and let it fizzle to the bottom of the page and no one will bother with it any more. Instead people keep posting about how much they hate it all being there so it stays at the top and gives more opportunity for counter arguments.

It's called keeping him contained, we may not like what he say's but until he goes that one step too far and get's himself banned, (again), at least while he is kept entertained in here he isn't polluting the rest of the site!

And which would be your choice?
Old 15-10-2009, 16:59   #419
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

P.S. why on Earth are you, as a so called intelligent women taking the side of a freerange nutter, surely we don't need such guff confusing the real world that you once attempted to represent?
Well I never claimed to be intelligent - for some reason that's what people seem to call me, so I don't contradict them.

I'm not defending his views, just his right to post them.

P.S. This thread has kept me amused for days.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Old 15-10-2009, 17:16   #420

Quote:

I'm not defending his views, just his right to post them.
He has a right to post, just a shame he chose here, maybe he's been having a slow year on his own website and thought he could attract our nutters to join him?

Quote:
P.S. This thread has kept me amused for days.
Don't tell anyone but, me too, I'll miss him when he's gone.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..