Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2009, 14:27   #16

Re: Brittania Crossroads

THE parents of a man who died in a smash at a notorious junction have hit out after a £650,000 safety scheme was delayed.

Lancashire County Council has already approved the spending of £50,000 to buy three areas of land at the Britannia crossroads in Oswaldtwistle to build the "life-saving" roundabout.

But the scheme has hit delays. Although the money is in place there have been problems with acquiring the land.
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-04-2009, 16:25   #17
Resting in Peace

Re: Britannia Crossroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
THE parents of a man who died in a smash at a notorious junction have hit out after a £650,000 safety scheme was delayed.

Lancashire County Council has already approved the spending of £50,000 to buy three areas of land at the Britannia crossroads in Oswaldtwistle to build the "life-saving" roundabout.

But the scheme has hit delays. Although the money is in place there have been problems with acquiring the land.
That don't surprise me one little bit
Old 22-04-2009, 16:36   #18
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post

So why was it not finished months ago???

They started work in November, could have been October but definitely mentioned at the November Area Council Meeting.

I pass almost daily and there is almost nothing done from one day to the next.
Old 22-04-2009, 22:02   #19
Senior Member+

They have built a little island on the left on the new lane side, i run past most mornings, thats biggest change in how many months
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 06:08   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
thats biggest change in how many months
Its getting on for 6 months now
Old 23-04-2009, 09:27   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Its getting on for 6 months now
Their waiting for a photo call with Dorothy, Neil
Old 23-04-2009, 16:34   #22
God Member

perhaps they are taking so long in doing it so that it sinks into the thick head boy racers that are the cause of the majority of accidents up there that the road is actually changing

after they have zoomed past for a few months it may gradually sink in that they have to slow down

shoudla slapped a speed camera at the junction and made money instead of spending it , they would only zoom past once lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 11:56   #23
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device
I would whole heartidly agree. This is absolutely one place a speed camera would be welcomed and seen not as a cash cow.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 13:35   #24
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

You would need two, one in each direction. Or one of those reversible ones.

Next we need Lottice Lane resurfacing. It must be one of the worst roads in Hyndburn.
Old 24-04-2009, 16:26   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Next we need Lottice Lane resurfacing. It must be one of the worst roads in Hyndburn.
Get onto your County Councillor Neil, mind you you'll have to pop over to Clayton to see her, we don't have a county councillor living in Ossy, well not at the moment that is
Old 24-04-2009, 17:13   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Get onto your County Councillor Neil, mind you you'll have to pop over to Clayton to see her, we don't have a county councillor living in Ossy, well not at the moment that is
I was sat next to her for 2 hours at the last Area Council meeting and forgot to ask her what the completion date is and why it has taken so long.

I think they are using it as a fill in job to make it as cheap as possible. I feel sorry for the people who live up there. Living next to that mess for all these months is out of order.
Old 24-04-2009, 21:48   #27
God Member

i suppose its good if tehir kids are bob teh builder fans in which case it will be like a 2 year long play for teh kids to watch through tehir windows at this rate lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 11:20   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I was sat next to her for 2 hours at the last Area Council meeting and forgot to ask her what the completion date is and why it has taken so long.

I think they are using it as a fill in job to make it as cheap as possible. I feel sorry for the people who live up there. Living next to that mess for all these months is out of order.
It is due to be completed 15th June Neil ... so a few weeks as yet.
Think the council have been cautious on this one to get it right as very controversial and, of course, the land acquisition took time.

Quote:

Does say includes road reconstruction on Lottice Lane, not sure to what extent though ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 11:35   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Kate, they started work in early November 2008 if not sooner. Weeks have past with no work being done. Nothing to do with cautious, all the planning was done well over 3 years ago. Yes they said delays were down to acquiring the land.

I want to know why it has taken so long to build it? June will be 7 months plus to build a roundabout. I bet it would not have taken that long if the roadworks were in the middle of Preston

Whoever is responsible for this work should be explaining what is taking so long.
Old 25-04-2009, 11:37   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Maybe if our County Councillor Dorothy Westell lived in Ossy and used the junction almost daily as I do she would have kicked ass and had it sorted months ago.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..