Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2009, 11:46   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Brittania Crossroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

I want to know why it has taken so long to build it? June will be 7 months plus to build a roundabout. I bet it would not have taken that long if the roadworks were in the middle of Preston

Whoever is responsible for this work should be explaining what is taking so long.
No idea Neil, but this was what was estimated for length of time it would take when it was proposed to go ahead in August, so they must have foreseen a lengthy construction somewhere along the line. Suppose would have to access details of the actual engineering plans, etc., to find out why.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-04-2009, 12:26   #32
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I still suspect the duration is down to cost. It is rare to see more than a couple of people working up there. I think the contractor is doing bits when he has spare blokes from other jobs.
Old 25-04-2009, 12:38   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I still suspect the duration is down to cost. It is rare to see more than a couple of people working up there. I think the contractor is doing bits when he has spare blokes from other jobs.
Possibly they could be waiting for the other utilities to attend ? Just a guess like.
Old 25-04-2009, 12:38   #34
Resting in Peace

Re: Britannia Crossroads

Quote:
I was sat next to her for 2 hours at the last Area Council meeting and forgot to ask her what the completion date is and why it has taken so long.

I think they are using it as a fill in job to make it as cheap as possible. I feel sorry for the people who live up there. Living next to that mess for all these months is out of order.
Could it be the completion date will be Wednesday 3rd June Neil
Old 25-04-2009, 12:42   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Maybe if our County Councillor Dorothy Westell lived in Ossy and used the junction almost daily as I do she would have kicked ass and had it sorted months ago.
Ossy has been unrepresented since 1993, we actually should have a county councillor who lives in Ossy not bloody clayton, they have their own
Old 25-04-2009, 12:45   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Possibly they could be waiting for the other utilities to attend ? Just a guess like.
If thats the case kate its down to lack of forward planning, but there again its only Ossy ain't it, they don't give a stuff
Old 25-04-2009, 16:35   #37
God Member

i will look forward to using this roundabout and encountering teh same amount of idiots that dont give a stuff or know how to use one just liek teh big one in accy center

its ok putting a roundabout there but people dont even slow down whe approaching them anymore which explains why theres so many accidents on accy center one

unless the are puttig traffic light on this roundabout liek at blackburn i cant see teh accident rate dropping

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 17:19   #38
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=jaysay;708014]Ossy has been unrepresented since 1993, we actually should have a county councillor who lives in Ossy not bloody clayton, they have their own[/QUOTt

The two Tory Councillors for Barnfield ward in Acrington both live in Ossy. Do you think that's wrong as well?
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 17:48   #39
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
The two Tory Councillors for Barnfield ward in Acrington both live in Ossy. Do you think that's wrong as well?
I do.
I think it is better if they at least live nearish so are more aware of the day to day issues around their ward.

I gave an example of where things might have moved faster if Dorothy was using the junction as much as I do.
Old 25-04-2009, 19:51   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
I do.
I think it is better if they at least live nearish so are more aware of the day to day issues around their ward.

I gave an example of where things might have moved faster if Dorothy was using the junction as much as I do.
I'm not sure that it comes down to where the Councillor lives. If you take Ossy it's a massive County Council area. The County Councillor could live at the bottom of say union rd and still be along way from the britannia crossroads.

The problems at that junction have been well known for along while. And what people want from their County Councillor, is that he or she works hard to get the problem rectified, irrespective of where that councillor might live.
Old 25-04-2009, 20:33   #41
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
And what people want from their County Councillor, is that he or she works hard to get the problem rectified, irrespective of where that councillor might live.
This is going off thread but I don't honestly know what my County Councillor does. Thats the problem. LCC don't come across as doing anything. People always blame HBC when things are wrong because they think "The Council" is HBC alone.

I know what my ward councillors do. They come to the Friends of Rhyddings Park meetings and try to help us out every way they can to improve things.

I have emailed my County Councillor on the topic of school zig zags and the issue was quickly sorted. I suspect that was more to do with me badgering an LCC cabinet member and asking the engineer responsible by email, why he had put children at risk by his actions - that soon got him moving
Old 25-04-2009, 22:04   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ossy has been unrepresented since 1993, we actually should have a county councillor who lives in Ossy not bloody clayton, they have their own
i think thats a great idea P.B. would be fine- outa the way.
Old 25-04-2009, 23:58   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
This is going off thread but I don't honestly know what my County Councillor does. Thats the problem. LCC don't come across as doing anything. People always blame HBC when things are wrong because they think "The Council" is HBC alone.

I know what my ward councillors do. They come to the Friends of Rhyddings Park meetings and try to help us out every way they can to improve things.

I have emailed my County Councillor on the topic of school zig zags and the issue was quickly sorted. I suspect that was more to do with me badgering an LCC cabinet member and asking the engineer responsible by email, why he had put children at risk by his actions - that soon got him moving
The point I was trying to make is that people want County Councillors, Local Councillors to deal with the problems in the areas they represent.

Dorothy Westell, even though she may not live in Ossy has been extremely effective over the years in getting a lot of problems solved that matter to people in Ossy.

And that in my opinion is what good local Councillors should be about.
Old 26-04-2009, 00:48   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Maybe if our County Councillor Dorothy Westell lived in Ossy and used the junction almost daily as I do she would have kicked ass and had it sorted months ago.
Quote:
Quote:
Could it be the completion date will be Wednesday 3rd June Neil
Quote:
If thats the case kate its down to lack of forward planning, but there again its only Ossy ain't it, they don't give a stuff
You two do talk a load of crap at times.

Dorothy was chairperson at most of the planning meetings re. Britannia, and would have done her utmost to see that this project was done to suit all residents in the area. Don't think it matters whether she lives there or not, only 10 minutes drive away, and issues no different than they are in Clayton. A road in trouble is nationwide.

Nowt to do with elections Jaysay ! Has been going on for months ... always political to you, ain' it ?

Forward Planning ?... suspect this is one controversial road improvement that has had the heaviest forward planning ever, in order to get it right. Who doesn't 'care a stuff' about Ossy ? .. Ossy gets lots of attention. !
Old 26-04-2009, 08:55   #45
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Forward Planning ?... suspect this is one controversial road improvement that has had the heaviest forward planning ever, in order to get it right.
So would you like to explain why the work on the ground started in November 2008 and will not finish until June 2009.

They could have put a third lane on the M65 in that time.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..