Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2009, 10:57   #61
God Member

Re: Brittania Crossroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I don't think you can say that is the only reason for the roundabout.

I can remember the LCC traffic chap saying that he did not think that a roundabout will be the end of accidents at that junction

and hes probably correct its not as though there arnt accidents on roundabouts and like i stated earlier accrington town centers big roundabout is a good example of plenty of accidents which are caused mainly by numpties that dont nkow how to use a roundabout or simply dont care to use them correctly and boy racers seeing how fast they can go around the roundabout with their new improved lowered suspension before zooming into mcdonalds carpark

i suppose with the rondabout there will be slower impact when teh accidents occur but there will still be accidents just not as fast i guess

no way should there be a memorial my sons uncle died in a car crash in whalley and his family put flowers down at the crash site like most other people do when they loose a loved one in a car crash and that is quite surfice in my opinion or we would end up having the country littered with memorials if we started putting them up for car acident victims, may seem harsh but realistic

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 27-04-2009 at 11:01.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-04-2009, 11:12   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Love role playing ..

No, musn't go off thread ... this is a serious subject which concerns the whole of Hyndburn.

Just to get back to it ... on that report there was the addition that the parents of the young lad that lost his life there requested a memorial which was being discussed with the engineers ... thought that was a lovely thing to do as a reminder to us all of safer driving.
Love roll playing do ya kate, my kind a gal
Old 27-04-2009, 11:39   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Love roll playing do ya kate, my kind a gal

i dont think she meant the recreation of the battle of hastings jaysay ,i dont think she would be pleased at you turning up with your shiney helmet and mighty sword in your hands .... but then again

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 27-04-2009, 15:33   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i dont think she meant the recreation of the battle of hastings jaysay ,i dont think she would be pleased at you turning up with your shiney helmet and mighty sword in your hands .... but then again

Old 27-04-2009, 16:28   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I'm waiting to see what kate has to say about that accyman
Old 27-04-2009, 16:30   #66
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
He should be careful with Kate after she has had a few drinks, I saw her in the park last year .

She might take his mighty sword in her hand and polish his helmet for him
Old 27-04-2009, 18:44   #67
God Member

Quote:
He should be careful with Kate after she has had a few drinks, I saw her in the park last year .

his pink helmet looks polished enough to me

Old 27-04-2009, 21:12   #68
God Member

Quote:

I have lost wee now!
Old 27-04-2009, 22:30   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
his pink helmet looks polished enough to me

Is that a Jewish helmet Accyman ?

I'll be your Guinevere, if you will bring your white charger Jaysay.
These posts going to get deleted I think ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 04:31   #70
Resting in Peace

Re: Britannia Crossroads

Quote:
Is that a Jewish helmet Accyman ?

I'll be your Guinevere, if you will bring your white charger Jaysay.
These posts going to get deleted I think ...
Unfortunately I haven't got the white charger anymore kate, its a broken down old nag these days
Old 04-05-2009, 18:32   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Unfortunately I haven't got the white charger anymore kate, its a broken down old nag these days

Aw bless.

See there will be a 30 m.p.h. restriction at this junction from 19th May until 15th June, so take care.
Old 04-05-2009, 22:17   #72
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

It has been set at 30mph since they started work in November 2008
Old 04-05-2009, 22:29   #73
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It has been set at 30mph since they started work in November 2008
Yeh, you right Neil .. didn't read the LCC notice properly in the Observer, seems is an extension of the original notice .. which was made on the 19th May 2008 and is an extension of the order now until 15th June, 2009 which was the new completion date specified lately .. hopefully. Sorry.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:11   #74
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

They are just temporary road works type signs.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:30   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yeh, you right Neil .. didn't read the LCC notice properly in the Observer, seems is an extension of the original notice .. which was made on the 19th May 2008 and is an extension of the order now until 15th June, 2009 which was the new completion date specified lately .. hopefully. Sorry.
You tend not to read things properly when you get to a certain age kate, the only thing is I got to that age a lot earlier than is normal

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..