Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2005, 14:38   #76
Give, give, give member

Re: Park lights ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I think the friends group will be in place by the end of next month. Or that is what should be happening.
I really hope so, other friends groups I've been involved with have made a big difference.

Like I said though, the much heralded million pound grant is far from a certainty, and sounds to me more like a bit of spin from HBC.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-09-2005, 16:35   #77
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I really hope so, other friends groups I've been involved with have made a big difference.
It's not that sort of group
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2005, 17:00   #78
Senior Member+

If they don't get something in place fairly quick, and get the grant applied for, HBC could be forced to close the park as being a risk to the public, there is so much maintenance work needs doing, the paths are a prime example. Are the main gates still chained up ?

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2005, 19:04   #79
God Member

If HBC were to grant the money what strings would be attached? A park is for the pleasure of Joe Public so why should they stall or contemplate shuting it. Its time the purse a public purse that was opened for people to enjoy pubic ammenities.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2005, 19:37   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
If HBC were to grant the money what strings would be attached? A park is for the pleasure of Joe Public so why should they stall or contemplate shuting it. Its time the purse a public purse that was opened for people to enjoy pubic ammenities.
No HBC are looking for a "lottery grant" to cover up all the years of nothing being done in rhyddings park.

Albert Einstein.

Old 14-09-2005, 19:37   #81
Give, give, give member

Quote:
It's not that sort of group
No you are right, it was a common group, ie: The Friends of Tooting Common, and we were very succesful, thank you.

God are you never serious? I'm having a gold medal made for poor Romps having to put up with you.

Old 14-09-2005, 19:45   #82
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
If they don't get something in place fairly quick, and get the grant applied for, HBC could be forced to close the park as being a risk to the public, there is so much maintenance work needs doing, the paths are a prime example. Are the main gates still chained up ?
Yes part of the main gate is still chained shut, probably to stop people from Park Lane driving in there to park. The smaller gate is still open, and you can even get a pram through there.

The park won't be closed because of safety issues, it's still, even in it's sorry state of affairs, in better repair than the newly laid flags in Accrington town centre. The council will just continue paying out any claim against them uncontested.

The grant isn't from HBC, it is to be applied for from the Lottery grants agency, although reading the press releases you'd think it was already in the bag, in fact any park in the borough, or indeed the country, can apply.

Old 14-09-2005, 19:48   #83
God Member

Quote:
No HBC are looking for a "lottery grant" to cover up all the years of nothing being done in rhyddings park.
Now thats what I call out and out cheek they are resposible for parks. Ryddings park was a beautiful place to visit once upon a time so HBC need to get toout of the preverbial and fix it their fingers wether they get lottery money or not.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 14-09-2005, 19:53   #84
God Member

I didnt know there was lottery grants available for parks, that could be an intresting snippet for the future.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 14-09-2005, 19:53   #85
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
God are you never serious?
I know you think of me as a God but some people on here may be offended . I am serious when required, I use AccyWeb for recreation and de-stressing myself.

Quote:
Yes part of the main gate is still chained shut
It has been half open for a few days, with the chain removed. I worked through it this morning and noticed it does not look like it has not been repaired yet.
Old 14-09-2005, 19:57   #86
Give, give, give member

Quote:

It has been half open for a few days, with the chain removed. I worked through it this morning and noticed it does not look like it has not been repaired yet.

Worked through it?

You only got little hands?

Old 14-09-2005, 19:59   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes part of the main gate is still chained shut, probably to stop people from Park Lane driving in there to park.
Now if you had said that in the old days when the doctor lived next door to us, then yes I could understand that, cause he left his car anywhere, his wife was a brilliant pianist following her afternnon sherry

Albert Einstein.

Old 14-09-2005, 20:05   #88
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Now if you had said that in the old days when the doctor lived next door to us, then yes I could understand that, cause he left his car anywhere, his wife was a brilliant pianist following her afternnon sherry
I know, he once drove into my Dad's car whilst pished.

Ah, the good old days when you could look up to the professional classes.

Old 14-09-2005, 20:09   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
Half open, you mean it's still resting on the tarmac

Albert Einstein.

Old 14-09-2005, 20:15   #90
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Half open, you mean it's still resting on the tarmac
Yes................

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..