Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2005, 20:31   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Park lights ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Ah, the good old days when you could look up to the professional classes.
Remember the day we moved in, a well dressed gent dashed out from his front door and stood in front of me asking " and what do you do for a living young man", "I'm just a chimney sweep sir" I replied, what a laugh

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-09-2005, 22:20   #92
God Member

I think the funding that they're talking about is English Heritage. I'm not sure but I don't think that's the same as Heritage Lottery. Anyway, yes any project can apply that has a heritage theme which of course, restoring an old park would be. Not just any old park can apply, Rhyddings is able to apply because it's a site with some history.

I'm still unsure about the status of the funding bid though. But FYI - to be able to apply you need to consult the public and local community groups, you then need to decide what specific restoration work you want to take place and how it will work for the community. So far, from what I understand the council has only discussed a restoration grant with the funders in principle. That means a rough outline of the work needed and a visit from the funders to the park - we know this has happened.

After that a bid would need a lot of work to put together properly for something of this size - I'm guessing at least a couple of month's worth of work to get all the consultation in and the quotes that you need to back up the ideas. Then it takes about four months for it to go through the funders system.

I see no sign of any consultation at this stage and the group hasn't even been formed yet. This is not going to be a quick process.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2005, 22:27   #93
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Knight
Not just any old park can apply, Rhyddings is able to apply because it's a site with some history.
Since the park was only farmland until mid Victorian times, this would apply to an awful lot if not most parks. I can't think of any new parks that would wish to apply, if there are any.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2005, 06:34   #94
Senior Member+

Was there not a condition of the grant, where HBC had to add some funding as well.

I know the head of parks did a presentation at one of the area council meetings, looked like they had the scheme outlined then, paths, new signs, and the refurbishment of the existing buildings were amongst the proposed works.

Albert Einstein.

Old 15-09-2005, 07:03   #95
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Yes Park. If the bid is less than £1 million, 10% has to be found. If more than £1 million then 25% has to be found. You can guess why they want the grant to be £999,999.99 can't you.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2005, 07:14   #96
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Yes Park. If the bid is less than £1 million, 10% has to be found. If more than £1 million then 25% has to be found. You can guess why they want the grant to be £999,999.99 can't you.
That would be a very fine line eh.
Could be they will ask the Friends of the park for help raising the 10%

Albert Einstein.

Old 15-09-2005, 08:16   #97
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
That would be a very fine line eh.
Could be they will ask the Friends of the park for help raising the 10%
You are probably right. Fund raising is one of the groups purposes.
Old 15-09-2005, 08:17   #98
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

HBC have committed themselves to find the £100,000 for the grant.
Old 15-09-2005, 14:51   #99
God Member

The only way HBC will find 100k is to take a cut in allowences and hell would freeze over first before that happens.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2005, 16:29   #100
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
The only way HBC will find 100k is to take a cut in allowences and hell would freeze over first before that happens.
You mean ask PB to take a cut in his exs

Albert Einstein.

Old 15-09-2005, 18:37   #101
God Member

He wouldnt miss it besides the park needs it more. He serves the comunity and if he aint listening he better beware a size 12 up the arthur could be his next big suprise. There will be plenty of willing people so are you first in the que park381?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 15-09-2005, 18:55   #102
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
He wouldnt miss it besides the park needs it more. He serves the comunity and if he aint listening he better beware a size 12 up the arthur could be his next big suprise. There will be plenty of willing people so are you first in the que park381?
Think a size 12 would be a big surprise.......................count me in

Albert Einstein.

Old 15-09-2005, 19:38   #103
God Member

It will be an even bigger suprise when we find it fits nice and snug up there.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 15-09-2005, 20:20   #104
God Member

PB did say that the £100k would come from the council as match. When asked how they would find that he just said, 'well, we'll have to'.

Not that I wouldn't be grateful for the park getting the money, I wonder where he's thinking of slashing the budget to find it?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2005, 20:48   #105
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Knight
PB did say that the £100k would come from the council as match. When asked how they would find that he just said, 'well, we'll have to'.

Not that I wouldn't be grateful for the park getting the money, I wonder where he's thinking of slashing the budget to find it?
Would have thought the total parks budget would be thrown in to the pot, leaving all the other parks in the borough with no maintenance budget. Not that they seem to have had much anyway.
But I'm sure HBC will find another grant from some where to contribute as their share

Albert Einstein.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..