Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2008, 00:02   #61
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Tesco for ossy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
Ooh could get a transfer, that would be easier to get to work!!
Get your name down for that transfer
Old 23-07-2008, 00:30   #62
God Member

Have noticed lots of complaints about the service offered by the Co-ops in both Ossy and Gt.Harwood ,and how both stores may close if a new store comes into each town , has anyone made a complaint to the management about these places and what has been the response ?
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 09:56   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Get your name down for that transfer
I dont work for Tesco anymore, I will shop there but would never in a million years work for them again, the words p**s up and brewery spring to mind!!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 12:47   #64
God Member

Quote:
I will be shopping at the new Tesco. The Co-Op is now an even bigger pile of pooh than is was before they made it smaller
I don't go to the Co-op much either.

I have said before that my reason I am against Tesco for Ossy is that I think it will be detrimental to small businesses in the town.

I like to get my meat from the butcher, newspapers from the newsagent and if I buy a sandwich I go to a baker's shop.

It is the survival of these shops that I am worried about.
Old 23-07-2008, 12:57   #65
Resting in Peace

I think the one advantage they will gain over local shops is that they will be open until 11 o'clock at night ... unlike local traders, and the Co-op (well, think Co-op was 9 p.m. not sure if still this ?)

This was always a disadvantage, 'til I retired in January, to buying from my local butcher in Clayton.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 14:06   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I don't go to the Co-op much either.

I have said before that my reason I am against Tesco for Ossy is that I think it will be detrimental to small businesses in the town.

I like to get my meat from the butcher, newspapers from the newsagent and if I buy a sandwich I go to a baker's shop.

It is the survival of these shops that I am worried about.
i aint sure it will be detrimental Lilly? i live in accy but i go up to the butchers up ossy fer all me meat, lidl n asda are virtually on me doorstep.supermarket meat is "Cat" in comparison, the big Tesco in burnley don't seem to have affected trade much. a first class local will always be ok i reckon.
Old 23-07-2008, 19:05   #67
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Co-op is crap, I will defo shop at this new tesco, ...well ya have to try things at least once dont ya?...
Old 23-07-2008, 20:42   #68
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
...well ya have to try things at least once dont ya?...
Well if your offering it would be rude to turn you down
Old 24-07-2008, 10:27   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Behave yourself Neil you'll have panther blushing
Old 24-07-2008, 11:49   #70
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
ooo ill keep that in mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Behave yourself Neil you'll have panther blushing
LOL.....dont ya mean Ill have him blushing?!!....th_mood_nervous.gifevilgrin0039.gif
Old 25-07-2008, 10:45   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
ooo ill keep that in mind

LOL.....dont ya mean Ill have him blushing?!!....Attachment 12251Attachment 12252
Never thought of it like that panther
Old 22-08-2008, 21:04   #72
God Member

About 20 men in suits with clipboards measuring up the Ossy site today. I went over to talk to them and I think they expected an argument, I bet they get that a lot, but I was just being nosy!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 19:57   #73
God Member

Lets hope the ban the Murry's

Dear Mrs. Murray,

While we thank you for your valued custom and use of the Tesco Loyalty Card, the Manager of our store is considering banning you and your family from shopping with us, unless your husband stops his antics.

Below is a list of offences over the past few months all verified by our surveillance cameras:

1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's trolleys when they weren't looking.

2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

3. July 7: Made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to feminine products aisle.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official tone, 'Code 3' in house wares..... and watched what happened.

5. August 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

6. September 15: Set up a tent in the outdoor clothing department and told shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring sausages and a Calor gas stove.

7. September 23: When the Deputy Manager asked if she could help him, he began to cry and asked, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?'

8. October 4: Looked right into the security camera; used it as a mirror, picked his nose, and ate it.

9. November 10: While appearing to be choosing kitchen knives in the House wares aisle asked an assistant if he knew where the antidepressants were.

10.. December 3: Darted around the store suspiciously, loudly humming the Mission Impossible' theme.

11. December 6: In the kitchenware aisle, practised the 'Madonna look' using different size funnels.

12. December 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed, yelled 'PICK ME!' 'PICK ME!'

13. December 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, assumed the foetal position and screamed 'NO! NO! It's those voices again.'

And; last, but not least:

14. December 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited a while; then yelled, very loudly, 'There is no
toilet paper in here.'

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 11:58   #74
Senior Member+

Just walked past now, and the demolition men have started, theres a portacabin there and a temporary generator.

Although all the workmen were in the butty shop. lol.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 17:08   #75

hi i work for morrison not in blackburn .my store mange always use his mobile on the shop floor.in are rule book you should not use inside when working .this assaint manager got the trolley porter into trouble because he was using his mobile outside and he got dispiline for.the letter he put in defence.if you dont have 2 way communitony if they were trouble on the car park .he said why dont you tell th store mange off.he said he used on the shop floor and put his name on.it got pass to him tothe store manager he never took any more hige up
new accy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..