Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2011, 12:41   #16
God Member

Re: Hollands Pies 160th Anniversary Exhibition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudwoppa View Post
Funny how people get so touchy; whilst calling me touchy. I don't have any particular fondness to Hollands. I simply thought it was interesting.

I knew the comments were light hearted - as was my response. Thus why my comment was sarcastic if you want to get into semantics The basis of my comment was the wider problem in general. People moan that everything is crap. If you don't like things - change them. Otherwise - keep schtum. Or start your own thread :P
Holland's pies as a symbol for the problems facing the modern world Let me think about that one
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-11-2011, 12:57   #17
God Member

I haven't eaten a Hollands pie for a long time -
ever since I found a 'tube' in one.
It was the size of penne pasta - must have been a part of a cow's bronchial system.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 13:36   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Holland's pies as a symbol for the problems facing the modern world Let me think about that one
I'm going to assume you misread that last message for comic effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I haven't eaten a Hollands pie for a long time -
ever since I found a 'tube' in one. It was the size of penne pasta - must have been a part of a cow's bronchial system.
Waste not, want not.

Could someone please start a 'we hate hollands pies' thread, so this one can return to the original topic.
Pudwoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 15:39   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well i aint gonna start one they aint worth discussing.
Old 21-11-2011, 15:51   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well i aint gonna start one they aint worth discussing.
So you're just posting here for attention then? :P
Old 21-11-2011, 17:10   #21
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Will you please stop coming onto this thread just to whinge at other members?
You are ruining it for us all.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 17:47   #22

Seems like I've managed to create a lot more traffic to the Heritage and History section tbh. Not that it was my intention of course.
Old 21-11-2011, 17:50   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Funny how people get so touchy; whilst calling me touchy. I don't have any particular fondness to Hollands. I simply thought it was interesting.

I knew the comments were light hearted - as was my response. Thus why my comment was sarcastic if you want to get into semantics The basis of my comment was the wider problem in general. People moan that everything is crap. If you don't like things - change them. Otherwise - keep schtum. Or start your own thread :P
Whoooooo Semantics
Old 21-11-2011, 17:55   #24
Give, give, give member

Holland's have a first class marketing team.

They need them.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 19:00   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
The day i crave yer or anyones attention, is the day i will also become a sad individual, i shall continue posting me opinion, matters not if you or anyone agrees, so here goes another, yeh posted this thread about n exhibition of pies,which yer perfectly entitled to do, its threads that keep forums active, up to press though, no-one has said they have been to it,nor expressed a wish to go see it, some have given comments on those pies,you don't like it, n have got the hump.but never mind i understand the fact that "Attack is the best Form of Defence" so carry on regardless, now ive posted this,perhaps someone will take pity n say they will go see it,if so ive done yeh a favour.
Old 21-11-2011, 19:03   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The day i crave yer or anyones attention, is the day i will also become a sad individual, i shall continue posting me opinion, matters not if you or anyone agrees, so here goes another, yeh posted this thread about n exhibition of pies,which yer perfectly entitled to do, its threads that keep forums active, up to press though, no-one has said they have been to it,nor expressed a wish to go see it, some have given comments on those pies,you don't like it, n have got the hump.but never mind i understand the fact that "Attack is the best Form of Defence" so carry on regardless, now ive posted this,perhaps someone will take pity n say they will go see it,if so ive done yeh a favour.
Pass
Old 21-11-2011, 21:39   #27
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Pass
Did you mean,

Pass the pies

Or

I'll pass on having a pie?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 21:52   #28
Give, give, give member

I feel sorry for the people of the Netherlands.

Some will think they must be partly to blame.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 22:45   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Just had a thought,they make 12 pies/pudding/pastys plus a sausage roll, wont need much room.they can have the exhibition in the Museum Toilets.
Old 21-11-2011, 23:10   #30

Quote:
I started a thread. People went off topic in an attempt to be humorous/whimsical. I responded in kind. I find it quite funny how people are making this into a melodrama. I'm going to start reading this with popcorn (not pies).

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..