Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2006, 12:58   #16

Re: Asda Car Park

So it's only me then that has no bother wot so ever with Asda Accy. I consider it a joy to go food shopping. There is only me to cater for though!
Old 07-02-2006, 18:11   #17
Resting in Peace

Well I guess there is 2 ways of looking at this thread.

1 ASDA is so busy cause of good value (well I think so and that is not cause other half works there) so stock is sold and fresh items brought it.

If you want fresh stuff then I for one would (and do) my shopping at ASDA as it can be fresher, but sometimes have to put up with store being packed out.

As I work rotating shifts I can go at anytime to shop.

2 Other stores (and have been to some) plenty of stock on shelves but not many shoppers and sometimes costs more.

The choice is up to you at the end of the day, but have heard that ASDA were considering re-sizing Accrington but that now on hold for now

Last edited by Ber999T; 07-02-2006 at 18:12. Reason: bliddy typos lol
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 19:53   #18
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah
So it's only me then that has no bother wot so ever with Asda Accy. I consider it a joy to go food shopping. There is only me to cater for though!
but bananas , cucumber and a jar of squirty cream is hardly a blanced diet is it..?

a lot of fun yes but a stable diet NO
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 19:58   #19

Not noticed you knocking it tho.........
Old 07-02-2006, 21:43   #20
God Member

I will try not to knock the Asda down there as a did visit it a few times while I was down and its heaven compared to the pokey one we have in Falkirk.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 21:50   #21
God Member

The new one will be open in rawtenstall soon. Perhaps after they open that they will double deck yours if thats possible.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2006, 14:32   #22
Resting in peace

I use Asda every month - I buy things there to bring back to London because it's so much cheaper - whisky, coffee, pasta, etc. End up coming back with a trolley load. However, I do admit I have had difficulty getting in and out of the car park at busy times. There is a case for making a new exit road into Electricity Street to relieve the congestion at the main exit, but then you might well have to have a set of lights at that junction as well for times of heavy traffic. Simplest thing is to go early morning.

(P.S. I rarely buy milk, because we both drink our tea without, and himself drinks his coffee black - but I find Ossy General Stores great for both, and just at the end of the road.)
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 10:02   #23
Junior Member+

I've only been to Accy Asda once or twice.. But I know why.
Rossendale Asda is much more orginised, and the exits/entrances to the car parks are a lot better.
Vissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 16:47   #24

hi, i dont have much problems with getting in or out of car park goods no pobs either i go different times a week
madmal_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 23:29   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
I will try not to knock the Asda down there as a did visit it a few times while I was down and its heaven compared to the pokey one we have in Falkirk.
they have supermarkets in Falkirk? the one we have though its taken em 20 yrs to improve the entrance/exit and they haven't why they could not have separate exit at electricity street the lord only knows. but still cannot get over Falkirk having a supermarket.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:21   #26
I am Banned

I have contacted Asda and am waiting for a reply to this thread.
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 16:13   #27
Senior Member+

I tend not to use ASDA in Accrington either. If anybody wants to contact them, i've posted their customer services site link below.

http://www.asda.co.uk/asda_corp/cust...ontact_us.html

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 16:24   #28

well i could not agree with you more asda at accrington as gone more hard work now they have re vamp,t it but yet you try to get in the car park is hard work now than what it use t to be and the price,s of the food as gone up as well thats why i have gone back doing my shopping at morrisons at blackburn
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 16:54   #29
I am Banned

Not having a go at anyone but...

Getting into the car park hard work? I mean come on guys how is that hard work.
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 17:09   #30

well i get in and out it,s better now than it was before
madmal_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..