Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2005, 19:38   #1
Resting in Peace

Asda Car Park

When are Asda ever going to get granted a second or new style exit/entrance to their car park. Would like to support my local Accrington branch, but sooo much easier to go to Burnley/Blackburn and, petrol apart, just as quick at peak periods.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2005, 20:53   #2

Re: Asda Car Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
When are Asda ever going to get granted a second or new style exit/entrance to their car park. Would like to support my local Accrington branch, but sooo much easier to go to Burnley/Blackburn and, petrol apart, just as quick at peak periods.
The way the shelves are at the moment they won't need the car park they've got now for much longer. Went last night and it was disgusting, ended up going to Tesco this morning too.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 22:43   #3
God Member

I was in earlier and the traffic was awful trying to get off.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 22:56   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

we walked it,its easier on a sat and thats the reason, we go tesco at blackburn for the main shop,like sara says we find it easier.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:26   #5
mez
God Member

i do my shopping at asda durihg the week, im lucky being retired i can shop when i want, but xmas shopping is done early mornings ie: 2am or 3am...... no fighting to get off carpark........... but if i want to fill my freezer i go to iceland they deliver free so much easier.
Old 06-11-2005, 17:08   #6
Senior Member+

We don't bother with Asda Accrington, they're always running out of stuff especially the baby milk.
buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 17:20   #7
God Member

Sounds like the place is going down hill faster than a runaway wagon. Our asda is a covered carpark and unless you are very brave or very stupid it s best avoided. As for whats on or not as the case may be the shelves then peoplle will go elseware especially if entry and exit are easier. If Accy lost the Asda what would be left?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 17:22   #8
God Member

I think Asda is a victim of its own success in one respect. It's cheap and has a huge stock so people started going to it - then it got overcrowded and the shelves empty too fast. Hope it sorts itself out because it would be a shame for them to pull out of the town!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 17:23   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

had the misfortune to drive on this afternoon,couldn't be avoided unfortunately it was worse than driving away from the millenium stadium.lol
Old 07-11-2005, 08:34   #10

I visited yesterday afternoon, and have to say that I have no problems with the place at all. If I can find anything to moan about at all, it's the fact that I don't have enough money to spend in there. We bought a wonderful wool rug for the front room, and hopefully next week we'll get another different one for the bedroom. As for the clothes, some really good things in at present.

I really like the small change converter thing that they've got in there. What a clever idea that thing is!
Old 22-01-2006, 17:01   #11
God Member

Asda will never pull out of accrington. they'll build a bigger and better store there or somewhere else like they are doing in rawtenstall. that will be quite a big two level shop and car park when completed
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:38   #12
I am Banned

accy asda has gone so far down hill i barely bother with it now

the shelves are always empty especialy the bread isles and to be honest i can no longer do a one stop shop which is the idea of a supermarket because i find that i have to go into town to get the things that asda should have in stock

now i can drive i will be trying out morrisons or tescos
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:16   #13

Mainly go to Morrissons at Nelson and rarely go into Asda for all the reasons stated above, empty shelves, access and egress road but called in the other day for one or two things and when coming out noticed a card up on the 'customers comments' section of the notice board, all it said was; "It's no use being open 24hours if the shelves are empty" which I thought was very succinct and to the point.

Have tried all sorts of times to go and have found 2am ish is best but on the ocassions that we've been in at that time there's often empty bread shelves and empty milk shelves.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:36   #14

yeah i agree with most of you asda in accrington is going down hill but i have shopped in Blackburn for years and that asda is worst for running out of things. Asda at colne is very good i know its a trek but its worth it.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:42   #15
Clearly Classy.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttonsmum
We don't bother with Asda Accrington, they're always running out of stuff especially the baby milk.
Yes they never have blue Cow & Gate for hungrier little monsters do they? We tend to do Asda or Tesco online, so much easier and usually get at least £10 off with the various codes around!!..........I reallly hate going shopping, unless its for something nice like new toys!!

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..